Gene Robinson: Trump sounds like a crime boss in secretly taped exchange

DrLove

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2016
Yep - Trump is much like a Mafia Boss. Telling people not to cooperate with federal authorities, giving aide and comfort to convicted felons while dangling protection and pardons. This shit-show has gotta stop my friends.

WASHINGTON — If President Trump’s secretly taped conversation with attorney Michael Cohen reminds you of a crime boss and his consigliere, you’re not alone. Trump’s current lawyer and mouthpiece, Rudy Giuliani, evidently agrees.

After CNN first played the tape on Tuesday, Giuliani went on Fox News and downplayed its importance, citing his experience as a mob-busting federal prosecutor: “How about 4,000 hours of Mafia people on tape? I know how to listen to them. I know how to transcribe them. This tape is crystal clear when you listen to [it]. I’ve dealt with much worse tapes than this.”

Spin-wise, this is the best they’ve got? That Trump and Cohen don’t sound as bad as the Gambino family? Yikes.

The recording, made by Cohen shortly before the 2016 election, is a window onto how Trump does business — and, by extension, what kind of person he is. In it, he and his then-lawyer Cohen discuss their machinations to squelch former Playboy playmate Karen McDougal’s story of what she describes as a 10-month affair with Trump.

The president of the United States is revealed as a schemer and a liar. That’s no surprise, I realize, but now we can hear him in action — and there is no way he can claim the evidence is “fake news.”​

Continued:

Robinson: Trump sounds like a crime boss in secretly taped exchange – The Mercury News

Now it's about to get interesting.

The charges for Manafort's next trial are for obstruction of justice, failing to register as a foreign agent and conspiracy to launder money with indicted co conspirator, the Russian Ambassador.

And that's when the name Donald J. Trump begins to pop up again and again.

The charges for Manafort's next trial are for obstruction of justice, failing to register as a foreign agent and conspiracy to launder money with indicted co conspirator, the Russian Ambassador.

Can't wait!

That assumes that Mob Boss Trump doesn't trot out a pardon.
I've got it at a 50/50

Donald Trump talks like a mob boss — and reminds us he has no idea what he’s doing

8aa.jpg

Can't wait!

Right? Probably a good thing it won't be televised (don't THINK) or I wouldn't get any work done in the foreseeable future :)

Can't wait!

Right? Probably a good thing it won't be televised (don't THINK) or I wouldn't get any work done in the foreseeable future :)
:auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg: how sad are you that you can't wait for the president of our country to have his name come up in another man's trial. you are one sad mofo for sure. all like you as well. guess you really don't care about my country. so leave it.

Can't wait!

:auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg: how sad are you that you can't wait for the president of our country to have his name come up in another man's trial. you are one sad mofo for sure. all like you as well. guess you really don't care about my country. so leave it.
upload_2018-8-24_12-42-53.jpeg

Looks like you need multiple tissues.

Can't wait!

Oh Jeeze dude, if it is televised I'll burn up PTO and clear out the local Kroger of all popcorn.

Yep - Trump is much like a Mafia Boss. Telling people not to cooperate with federal authorities, giving aide and comfort to convicted felons while dangling protection and pardons. This shit-show has gotta stop my friends.

WASHINGTON — If President Trump’s secretly taped conversation with attorney Michael Cohen reminds you of a crime boss and his consigliere, you’re not alone. Trump’s current lawyer and mouthpiece, Rudy Giuliani, evidently agrees.

After CNN first played the tape on Tuesday, Giuliani went on Fox News and downplayed its importance, citing his experience as a mob-busting federal prosecutor: “How about 4,000 hours of Mafia people on tape? I know how to listen to them. I know how to transcribe them. This tape is crystal clear when you listen to [it]. I’ve dealt with much worse tapes than this.”

Spin-wise, this is the best they’ve got? That Trump and Cohen don’t sound as bad as the Gambino family? Yikes.

The recording, made by Cohen shortly before the 2016 election, is a window onto how Trump does business — and, by extension, what kind of person he is. In it, he and his then-lawyer Cohen discuss their machinations to squelch former Playboy playmate Karen McDougal’s story of what she describes as a 10-month affair with Trump.

The president of the United States is revealed as a schemer and a liar. That’s no surprise, I realize, but now we can hear him in action — and there is no way he can claim the evidence is “fake news.”​

Continued:

Robinson: Trump sounds like a crime boss in secretly taped exchange – The Mercury News
Crooked Donnie is the third generation affiliated with the Russian mob. His daddy and his daddy before him also had strong ties.
You fucking idiots who think this criminal is a good honest citizen makes me laugh.

Can't wait!

View attachment 212696

Looks like you need multiple tissues.
says the kook who hasn't gotten over trump as president in twenty months now.

Forum List

Back