'Generation Gimme': Can We or Should We Afford Them?

'Generation Gimme': Can We Or Should We Afford Them?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Little league uniforms and donations are not taxable. I certainlywould give to them than to anyone who is on welfare.

But I would certainly give Timmy a job in school so he can feel good in that uniform like he deserves something like the other kids, despite his lazy mom or non existent fathers..

"Who's going to pay for my Fifteen kids???"

I don't know anyone like the "lazy mom" you're referring to. Do you? I'm thinking you probably don't, you've just heard about them on Rush Limbaugn. Oh I'm sure there's a few of them out there, but not as many as you think.

I DO however know a hell of a lot of people that don't pay their fair share of taxes by getting ridiculous "deductions" on their taxes. I'm quite sure you know a bunch of these too. In fact, you're probably one of them...

Adam Carolla sums it up best...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbIxtCo9r-E]Adam Carolla Gives His Take on the OWS Movement - YouTube[/ame]

The Entitlement mentality does seem to be gripping our nation at this point. Personal responsibility seems pretty much out the window now. But can we or should we afford 'Generation Gimme?'

You are correct but luckily people are waking up and protesting the big corporations and mega wealthy having so many loopholes and breaks that allow them to pay so little back to the nation that has provided them so much.

The Entitlement mentality does seem to be gripping our nation at this point. Personal responsibility seems pretty much out the window now. But can we or should we afford 'Generation Gimme?'

You are correct but luckily people are waking up and protesting the big corporations and mega wealthy having so many loopholes and breaks that allow them to pay so little back to the nation that has provided them so much.

They provide jobs and income for most American Citizens. Watch the Adam Carolla video. It's funny and completely accurate.

Democrats here said we need to raise taxes so they dont have to increase tuition.

would someone from the idiot left tell me how wall street is responsible.???

Well, I'm honestly not sure we do need to lower tuitions for everyone. I think perhaps we need to be more selective about who we provide tuition assistance for.

Not everyone actually needs to go to college. If they've proven that they don't get very much out of school through low grades, and are aiming at a vocation that does not require a higher education, perhaps we should not actually pay for their college education.

That would save us a large chunk of money.

But I will say that the reason Wall Street is responsible is that certain interests in the financial industry paid off (mostly) Conservative members of our Government to privatize the Student Loan industry, and now student loan interest is killing the earning potential of younger generations before they even get started.

The interest rate could have been controlled with legislation. Currently with the government takeover it is a direct ploy to buy votes. The president has already made the pitch.

Actually the left is the group of least compassion as they don't tend to give "charity", because "people who believe it's the government's job to make incomes more equal, are far less likely to give their money away."

Who Gives and Who Doesn't? - ABC News

Yeah, except the "charities" that the Right gives to are ones that they get to choose, and therefore include their own children's little league teams, contributions to church social events that they attend, etc, etc...

When given the opportunity to make "charitable" deductions, people donate their money to their own community (usually to people who don't need it), thus benefitting themselves, then they claim a tax deduction, and then they crow about it like they did something wonderful. Meanwhile the only thing they did was give little Timmy's soccer team the ability to buy shiny new uniforms so little Timmy can look good on the field.

And that's not even including the millions and millions of dollars that are claimed on tax forms for non-existent "charitable" donations.

Let's face it, people on the right HATE paying taxes, and will do ANYTHING to avoid doing so.

Yep. Charity seems to have taken on another meaning. I was always taught that it was something that someone did to help someone in need. Usually your heart moves you to do so (don't let your left hand know what your right hand is doing.)....not a potential tax write-off.

But there is supposedly no difference now.

Adam Carolla really did nail it. These people really do think everyone owes them something. Man,this country is a mess. So many parents & Democrats have created an awful Entitlement Frankenstein. So what does happen once 'Generation Gimme' realizes the Gravy Train is all out of gravy? I think that's already beginning to happen.

Adam Carolla really did nail it. These people really do think everyone owes them something. Man,this country is a mess. So many parents & Democrats have created an awful Entitlement Frankenstein. So what does happen once 'Generation Gimme' realizes the Gravy Train is all out of gravy? I think that's already beginning to happen.
Been out of gravy for awhile. Looked at the real debt lately?

What we earn is essentially negatve and surreal. :eusa_whistle:

They provide jobs and income for most American Citizens. Watch the Adam Carolla video. It's funny and completely accurate.

They do such to make money from the labor of said American citizens, no workers, no production.

They do such to make money from the labor of said American citizens, no workers, no production.

So how do you or will you earn your income? Do you just expect your fellow Taxpayers to pay your bills for you?

Attachments

• $ren-or-stimpy[1].jpg
    $ren-or-stimpy[1].jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 80
"Self-Entitled Monsters." Spot On.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQpXybTnGVg]Adam Carolla Rant About the Occupy Mentality.flv - YouTube[/ame]

The Entitlement mentality does seem to be gripping our nation at this point.
You'll have to talk to the Teabaggers, about that.

They seem to think the 1%ers/high-roller$ are entitled to DO what they damned-well-please, 'cause they can afford to buy/own our Government.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Entitlement mentality does seem to be gripping our nation at this point.
You'll have to talk to the Teabaggers, about that.

They seem to think the 1%ers/high-roller$ are entitled to DO what they damned-well-please, 'cause they can afford to buy/own our Government.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chXjCtkymRQ]US Troops in Iraq talk about Halliburton & KBR - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbDfYzq_HaQ]Truth about Halliburton and Dick Cheney - YouTube[/ame]​

So you hate your Cheney/BOOOSH Boogeymen? What else is new? I think you've expressed your hatred for them a few times in the past no? Whada ya think? And you're a part of 'Generation Gimme' anyway so your credibilty is very suspect.

Last edited:

Did people begin to blog that his mother was a "welfare recipient" after he flapped his yap, or before? Or will most of us ever know?

I've never cared for the guy. Dr. Drew needed a sidekick for everyone to laugh at. If there was ever an individual who rode on the coattails of others' success, it was Adam Carolla.

Like Ringo Starr, he was in the right place, at the right time.

It probably wouldn't matter what he was droning about. It would still piss me off.

Did people begin to blog that his mother was a "welfare recipient" after he flapped his yap, or before? Or will most of us ever know?

I've never cared for the guy. Dr. Drew needed a sidekick for everyone to laugh at. If there was ever an individual who rode on the coattails of others' success, it was Adam Carolla.

It probably wouldn't matter what he was droning about. It would still piss me off.

Well that's just an expression of ignorance no? You hate the guy for no credible reason and refuse to listen to what he has said. Maybe try listening? Are you afraid or something? What do you have to lose? It doesn't cost you anything. Give it a shot. And enjoy.

Well that's just an expression of ignorance no? You hate the guy for no credible reason and refuse to listen to what he has said. Maybe try listening? Are you afraid or something? What do you have to lose? It doesn't cost you anything. Give it a shot. And enjoy.

You didn't watch Loveline, I gather? I just remember thinking to myself-"ADAM STFU!" Dr. Drew would be trying to speak, and ADAMMMMMM, would interject with something that was crude....probably 90% of the time.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6NzixnlHLk&feature=related]Loveline - Drew's Fudgepacking (12-16-2004) - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3kge0NOl80]Adam Carolla on Religion & Atheism - YouTube[/ame]

Typical Adam.

We are over 15trillion dollars in total debt and run annual defecits of over a trillion dollars.

My answer is we can't afford them.

Also people need to take personal responsibility for the own success and failure in life. yes we can have safety nets like unemployment but people shouldn't be guaranteed anything more than an opportunity to succeed, no govt checks to provide financial success.

My answer is we shouldn't encourage them.

Forum List

Back