'Generation Gimme': Can We or Should We Afford Them?

'Generation Gimme': Can We Or Should We Afford Them?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
inequality1.jpg

Generation Gimme? Are you referring to the baby boomers, generation X, the millennials?

I don't think it's the baby boomers. We were given no slack by the lost generation. But the children of us boomers were spoiled rotten, I think. Because the methods of child rearing were sometimes too harsh on us boomers, we did not want to make the same mistakes with our kids. Thank God I did not completely buy that. But lots of fellow boomers did.

I think how we are raised determines how we ultimately turn out. Boomers made a big mistake not spanking their kids. They didn't want to give them a trauma!!! :lol: Little brats!!

I think when people don't want to work and want something for nothing, something was lacking in their upbringing. I have 13 cousins and there is not a bum among us!!! :)

Well, both of my parents were boomers, and we weren't spared the rod, I can assure you. Boomers, I'm pretty sure, are most of the government legislators, and executive that people are complaining about right now. Boomers, have been at the helm for many years. You were the baby boom generation. Your children were the baby bust generation. (Many fewer children, but also the most educated generation in recorded history.) We will have many years to WORK, to either fix or further screw up the mess that was made by at least the previous two generations...plenty of years to work (because we're repeatedly made aware that after your generation, our generation will have no SS or Medicare available to us. It's accepted reality to us). And we were the "latchkey generation". We opened the front door to ourselves after school, because both mom and dad weren't home, due to work....or divorce.

Beatings are the answer, huh? Just because your family advocated that, does not mean that it is THE WAY! Do some research on that. Watching my father (a boomer) grab my sister by the neck (though he is now a decent man) and ram her head into the wall, does not make me look highly upon boomer parenting superiority.

Gen. Xr's have been sandwiched between boomer and millenial bullshit for years. And you need to read the entire thread to understand the context-per Paulitician. He wasn't hating on one specific generation...or he told me this. This is why I asked the above question.

But most of the bullshit from Washington seems to be coming from those of around boomer age. Don't worry...we generation x members will be taking the wheel soon enough, and you'll have plenty to complain about, when we begin to make and execute policies. Hopefully, we won't make it any worse than it is, now.

Wow!!! I am not saying at all that kids need the crap beat out of them!!! To be honest, my brother was punished by getting hit but my sister and I were not. I have 2 boys and I never hit them and did not allow my husband to either. But if I said they were not going to the movies on Saturday, as a punishment, they didn't go. That's how I was punished. Not being able to do things I liked. But other boomers were not as strict. I think that a lot of them let their kids get away with murder. That was my only point.

The interest rate could have been controlled with legislation. Currently with the government takeover it is a direct ploy to buy votes. The president has already made the pitch.

Yes, the interest rate COULD have been controlled with legislation. That is the point, that it wasn't, because government is bought and paid for by the banking industry.

Interest rates on credit cards could also have been kept under control, and were, by state usury laws.

That is, until congressmen, paid by the banking industry, decided to make a law that trampled on states rights, and allowed banks to ignore state regulations as long as they were headquartered in another state.

Poster child for 'Generation Gimme.' Trust Fund baby. Thanks for giving these dummies such a large platform OWS.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-GdIQ35KCM&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PLA9004E14B3C7AC93]Occupy Wall Street Meltdown Poster Child a Trust Fund Baby - YouTube[/ame]

Poster child for 'Generation Gimme.' Trust Fund baby. Thanks for giving these dummies such a large platform OWS.

Occupy Wall Street Meltdown Poster Child a Trust Fund Baby - YouTube

yikes!

there are plenty examples of poor behavior by individuals at the occupy movement.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhrvOeDxBrw]OCCUPY DC vs. Employment Offers ("We won't do that") - YouTube[/ame]

And just a random nitwit being interviewed, I dont know if he is an occupod or not.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDgxHDgvos8&feature=relmfu]OWS Leader: "Refer to Obama as His Excellency" - YouTube[/ame]

Occupy Wall Street Meltdown Poster Child a Trust Fund Baby - YouTube

yikes!

there are plenty examples of poor behavior by individuals at the occupy movement.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhrvOeDxBrw]OCCUPY DC vs. Employment Offers ("We won't do that") - YouTube[/ame]

And just a random nitwit being interviewed, I dont know if he is an occupod or not.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDgxHDgvos8&feature=relmfu]OWS Leader: "Refer to Obama as His Excellency" - YouTube[/ame]

Dammit! Stop with the photoshopping! You guys are making me laugh when I don't need to! :lol:

The poster child for 'Generation Gimme' Trust-Fund Baby was pretty hilarious too...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-GdIQ35KCM]Occupy Wall Street Meltdown Poster Child a Trust Fund Baby - YouTube[/ame]

So what does 'Generation Gimme" do now? The Freebie Glory Days are long gone in this country. It just can't be afforded anymore.

Like I said further up the thread.........."generation gimmie" is those on Wall St. and in the banks who accepted bailouts, combined with all the other idiots that keep begging for tax breaks for the wealthy.

OWS only wants the rich to pay their fair share.

Like I said further up the thread.........."generation gimmie" is those on Wall St. and in the banks who accepted bailouts, combined with all the other idiots that keep begging for tax breaks for the wealthy.

No

OWS and the ones like them want the rich to pay THEIR share... not just the share the rich should be paying like everyone else...

Fair to you, is you paying nothing and someone else carrying your share of the burden for you

And we want the OWS to get a friggin job and pay something! Free ride is over.

Well, if Boehner, Cantor and the rest of the GOP would pass a bill for something other than DOMA, abortions and all the other crap that they've passed, and actually try to get something done for jobs, then manybe they would get a job.

Unfortunately, with the GOP gridlock in DC because they want to make Obama a one term president, they won't do anything to help with jobs.

Well, if Boehner, Cantor and the rest of the GOP would pass a bill for something other than DOMA, abortions and all the other crap that they've passed, and actually try to get something done for jobs, then manybe they would get a job.

Unfortunately, with the GOP gridlock in DC because they want to make Obama a one term president, they won't do anything to help with jobs.

You do realize that the GOP has only had control of 1/3 of Congress for 11 months, right? Until then the Dems controlled both the Executive and Legislative branches since 1/20/2009.

Yes it is. The Gravy Train has derailed. It's all out of gravy.

Well the People clearly agree we cannot or should not afford 'Generation Gimme.' So what's next? There are no more Entitlements for the Entitlement folks. So what are they gonna do? What are we gonna do?

Forum List

Back