George Floyd is not dead because of his skin color

There were many factors that lined up to cause George Floyd's death. He was unemployed having lost his job due to COVID-19. He was in poor health, he was a long time drug abuser and was high on fentanyl. Being high and in an agitated state and also the fact he was an enormous man made him a threat to the officers. Officer Chauvin's actions especially the length of time he used the knee hold was inexcusable and obviously led to his death.

None of those factors have anything to do with Race. But since we now live in Bizarro World, EVERYTHING has to do with Race.

You bring up an interesting point however and that is the difficulty in dealing with a very large detainee who may be much stronger than the arresting officer. This has happened since the " Short man " rule was eliminated for the police force back in the sixties......it did not work out well frankly.
At the turn of the last century NYPD were largely big Irishmen six foot and better in the 250 pound range. It was a much better idea frankly. Enforcement requires superior physical strength or the ability to deal with it.....a 165 cop is fucked if he pulls over a 300 pound potential detainee......
Perhaps we should see the introduction of a new and better restraining system...cuffs don't always cut it. A loose fitting but unshakable body harness might be the better and safer choice for both sides of the coin here. I am a 300 pounder myself and a former power lifter.....I wold never dream of resisting arrest but I can tell you that I would be a real mutha-fucker to subdue if I chose to be. I would probably end up dead.

JO

That filthy ass worthless sonofabitch is dead because he was a loser street thug.

He is not the almighty saint that all the stupid uneducated low information American hating asshole Moon Bats think he is.

There are many times when its apparent BLM'ers are not very well educated..

Those of you who think a civilization can exist without some type of police enforcement I suggest you don't even bother to read this post because you suffer from the kind of stupid that just cannot be fixed.

I didn't agree with what I saw in the video but I do know that it's a standard police hold used to control very large and very hard to control detainees.

To charge the officer with murder is ludicrous. There is no doubt in my mind that had George Floyd been a white man he would have suffered the very same fate. I don't believe for one moment that his skin color had anything to do with what eventually happened to him. I do believe that there are anarchistic elements in our society dupe the black community and use them for their own purposes having little or nothing to do with the advancement of the Black culture.
Trump has always been right about this one issue. Cultural equality will follow economic equality automatically and inexorably.

Once that happens there will no longer be a Democratic party.

Jo
Remind me again of what crime he was found guilty of by a jury of his peers.
Has was in the process of BEING ARRESTED for use of COUNTERFEIT US CURRENCY. (The denomination does not matter.) He would have been booked, photographed, fingerprinted and either released on bail, released without bail, or confined until a hearing to determine a court date. He would then be tried...but he died instead.
He was murdered.

Those of you who think a civilization can exist without some type of police enforcement I suggest you don't even bother to read this post because you suffer from the kind of stupid that just cannot be fixed.

I didn't agree with what I saw in the video but I do know that it's a standard police hold used to control very large and very hard to control detainees.

To charge the officer with murder is ludicrous. There is no doubt in my mind that had George Floyd been a white man he would have suffered the very same fate. I don't believe for one moment that his skin color had anything to do with what eventually happened to him. I do believe that there are anarchistic elements in our society dupe the black community and use them for their own purposes having little or nothing to do with the advancement of the Black culture.
Trump has always been right about this one issue. Cultural equality will follow economic equality automatically and inexorably.

Jo
Has was in the process of BEING ARRESTED for use of COUNTERFEIT US CURRENCY. (The denomination does not matter.) He would have been booked, photographed, fingerprinted and either released on bail, released without bail, or confined until a hearing to determine a court date. He would then be tried...but he died instead.
He was murdered.
Perhaps. But if it makes you happy, he is most likely in hell.

Jo
1. that is irrelevant to the truth that race has nothing to do with 99% of these incidents
2. he resisted = crime
...lawyers and law firms usually will tell you not to resist -it's stupid

Jo
He was murdered.
..if he was trying to kill him, then yes
..but it appears he's trying to restrain him
..hey, parents kill their kids by leaving them in hot cars = mistake/bad judgement/error --they are not trying to kill their kids

Jo
He was murdered.
No. Same answer applies to that claim as the statement to which I replied. 4 men have been arrested, They will be tried in court before a jury of their peers. They have not yet been convicted of murder. Concensus is likely that Chauvin will be found guilty, but it hasn't happened yet.

Forum List

Back