george stephanopoulos nailed it

LeftofLeft

Diamond Member
Oct 18, 2011
Not being proactive on his intent of his donation to the Clinton Foundation, He nailed down the premise that most of the media is in the tank for Democrats.

I don't think he should be fired. I think he should keep doing what he is doing at ABC. Let America witness the media bias first hand and laugh at the liberals who think Fox News is the only biased media outlet.

Not being proactive on his intent of his donation to the Clinton Foundation, He nailed down the premise that most of the media is in the tank for Democrats.

I don't think he should be fired. I think he should keep doing what he is doing at ABC. Let America witness the media bias first hand and laugh at the liberals who think Fox News is the only biased media outlet.
You can't fire people for having opinions. Yes, their "reporting" will often reflect those opinions, but you still can't do that.

What you can do is make people aware that journalists are less and less likely to provide the whole story, that they are more and more likely to present a subjective view, and that a vast majority of the major media leans to the left. I'm not really sure that's going to be a big surprise at this point.

Unfortunately, that means that people have to put more effort into searching out the full story, and most aren't willing to put forth that much effort.

You can try to open their eyes a bit, though.

Last edited:
He worked the Clinton administration for several years and was Clinton's spokesman at many press conferences.

It's not like his bias was ever any secret or anything. What's the controversy?

He worked the Clinton administration for several years and was Clinton's spokesman at many press conferences.

It's not like his bias was ever any secret or anything. What's the controversy?

No controversy. Just an observation. How come the Left never points out their own media bias? They would have you believe Fox is the only biased media outlet. We have two medias and they are both biased.

"Not being proactive on his intent of his donation"

MAKES NO FUCKING SENSE

"He nailed down the premise"

MAKES NO FUCKING SENSE

Go watch George.

I might. But you should try a little harder. If you cannot communicate your thoughts well....provide a link or something.

You are the only voice on this thread saying I have a problem communicating my thoughts or that they make no sense. One opinion is hardly a data point and definitely not a trend.

MAKES NO FUCKING SENSE

MAKES NO FUCKING SENSE

Go watch George.

I might. But you should try a little harder. If you cannot communicate your thoughts well....provide a link or something.

You are the only voice on this thread saying I have a problem communicating my thoughts or that they make no sense. One opinion is hardly a data point and definitely not a trend.

I'm the only person thus far who isn't predisposed to agree with anyone who posts an indictment of the "mainstream media" without even knowing what the fuck you tried to say. I clicked on your thread only to be faced with word salad which says that FOX isn't the only biased news source. You did not communicate your thoughts well. That's a "you problem".

MAKES NO FUCKING SENSE

MAKES NO FUCKING SENSE

Go watch George.

I'm the only person thus far who isn't predisposed to agree with anyone who posts an indictment of the "mainstream media" without even knowing what the fuck you tried to say. I clicked on your thread only to be faced with word salad which says that FOX isn't the only biased news source. You did not communicate your thoughts well. That's a "you problem".

You are still the only one saying I did not communicate my thoughts well. Everyone else got it. Clearly, you have a problem. Enjoy being on your island.

MAKES NO FUCKING SENSE

MAKES NO FUCKING SENSE

Go watch George.

You are still the only one saying I did not communicate my thoughts well. Everyone else got it. Clearly, you have a problem. Enjoy being on your island.

No idiot. I heard about the matter on the radio a few minutes ago. Until then, I had no idea what you were talking about.

And....not surprisingly.....your post is bullshit. There is no evidence that the guy did anything unethical.

Basic nutter crap.

Great thread.

Go watch George.

No idiot. I heard about the matter on the radio a few minutes ago. Until then, I had no idea what you were talking about.

And....not surprisingly.....your post is bullshit. There is no evidence that the guy did anything unethical.

Basic nutter crap.

Great thread.

Ethics has nothing to do with it. A good journalist must earn validation and credibility like any other profession. The way a journalist does this is to disclose any potential activity that may seem to be a conflict of interest. Otherwise, when donations and similar activities come out, the journalist looks like he is in the tank for a politician or a cause as opposed to being an objective third party. If his employer ABC and his viewers want him to be a mouthpiece for a cause, do be it. However, when he, his employer, and his viewers try and portray him as a journalist, it is his objectivity that comes into question, not Ethics.

Basic nutter crap.

Great thread.

Ethics has nothing to do with it. A good journalist must earn validation and credibility like any other profession. The way a journalist does this is to disclose any potential activity that may seem to be a conflict of interest. Otherwise, when donations and similar activities come out, the journalist looks like he is in the tank for a politician or a cause as opposed to being an objective third party. If his employer ABC and his viewers want him to be a mouthpiece for a cause, do be it. However, when he, his employer, and his viewers try and portray him as a journalist, it is his objectivity that comes into question, not Ethics.

He didn't get cash....he gave it....to a charity.

That you think doing so puts him on an equal footing with FOX....you might just be a RW hack.

Basic nutter crap.

Great thread.

He didn't get cash....he gave it....to a charity.

That you think doing so puts him on an equal footing with FOX....you might just be a RW hack.

He gave cash to a charity run by the Clintons. Conflict.

GS donated to the Clinton Foundation in the hopes of getting an exclusive interview with Hillary. The Foundation is a charity.

In what way does this bring the honesty, his politics or his ethics into question?

I would say that his past work as a Clinton White House staffer is certainly indicative of his politics which would make him a questionable choice to moderate the debates where anyone named Clinton is involved.

You lot grasp at straws to smear people who disagree with you politically.

He interviewed the author of "Clinton Cash" without disclosing he had donated $75,000 to the Clinton Foundation. The ethical journalistic problem is obvious. There is simply no excuse.

Anything that touches the Clinton's seems to turn to slime.

Forum List

Back