Trump Suing ABC & George Stephanopoulos

The NY appeal is pending (hence the $8 million dollar bond Trump posted)
Trump jumped to federal court to try and have the judgement overturned, or a new trial ordered.

The judge concluded what Trump did was "rape"

Live with it.

CARROLL v. TRUMP (2023)
United States District Court, S.D. New York.
E. Jean CARROLL, Plaintiff, v. Donald J. TRUMP, Defendant.
22-cv-10016 (LAK)
Decided: July 19, 2023
Yep, and that judge should be disbarred, and, after scotus get done with this case, hopefully trump will sue to have him disbarred.

He never admitted touching Caroll
He confessed to the very behavior Carol accused him of.
Wouldn't a logical person deduct that it is more probable than not that he actually did do the behavior he is caught on tape bragging about doing?
Or are you saying he lied about that too?

Yep, and I wouldn’t stop there. I’d go after cnn, msnbc, vox, salon, mother jones, Sirius Xm progress and urban view, slate…I’m sure there’s more. I’d have multiple concurrent billion dollar defamation suits running against everyone who lied about him and caused damage to his reputation and his campaign. Then I’d personally sue Letitia James for 15 million and then the state of New York for 10 billion. I mean, when your AG campaigns on the promise of suing someone, then goes on a search for a reason to sue them, and then does it, I’m sure there had to be some laws broken there.
Are you off your meds again?

He confessed to the very behavior Carol accused him of.
Wouldn't a logical person deduct that it is more probable than not that he actually did do the behavior he is caught on tape bragging about doing?
Or are you saying he lied about that too?

It doesn’t matter what he “said”…law doesn’t work that way. I can walk into a police station and claim I robbed a bank, that doesn’t mean they can put me in prison for it, they still have to have a trial and prove that I actually did it.

Just because trump SAID he grabs women by the pussy doesn’t mean he raped Carroll. You have to prove that. Even if he did “grab women by the pussy”, they still have to prove he did it.

What you all are suggesting is, if I overhear someone say something that might be illegal, I can then sue them for doing it because “well, he talked about it, so he’s guilty”

Again, this is likely to b me overturned in scotus because it’s not justice. The court ordered him to pay this woman 93 million, because he tried to defend himself, SHE made a claim, he denied it and then she smacks him with a defamation suit. That’s just all kinds of messed up especially when she never proved he ever touched HER.

Same with Letitia James, if she seizes his properties, and that case gets overturned by scotus based on the fraudulent way she used the law, the counter lawsuit will be massive against the state, and against James.

Fact is, Trump was found guilty in a CIVIL trial for sexual assault, not rape. Georgie boy continually saying rape is defamation, pure and simple.
Guilt isn't determined in a civil trial only criminal trials. Defendants are either found to be "liable" for the harm alleged by the plaintiff(s) or not liable.

Also you only have to reach 51% to prevail in a civil trial after a weighing of the evidence or preponderance of the evidence. In a criminal trial the defendant is supposed to be found "guilty beyond all reasonable doubt" which we have been told is roughly a 98% certainty.

And when that gets overturned by scotus, the counter lawsuit will be huge, and they had it coming.
Seems pretty far fetched. Like, wild fantasy far fetched.

There was zero evidence…ZERO…that trump ever touched her.
That defense didn't work, in the Civil trial. Sorry. Surely you don't think the losers didn't attempt it.

Funny thing is, Trump's own words in the deposition and in court and from old recordings went a long way to convincing the jury he was indeed a sexual predator.

These defamation cases take ages to settle. Trump in proving his reputation was harmed will have stronger ground to stand on if he loses this November. I believe his case goes out the window if he wins.

for defamation for repeatedly saying on his program that Trump was found liable for rape when he was not. This seems like a slam dunk to me. If Trump can be found guilty of defamation against E Jean Carroll when she didn't even have any proof she was raped and even had a Swiss cheese memory about it, then surely Stephanopoulos is guilty of defamation. Trump should win millions and millions on this.

There was no conviction for rape.

Seems pretty far fetched. Like, wild fantasy far fetched.

That defense didn't work, in the Civil trial. Sorry. Surely you don't think the losers didn't attempt it.

Funny thing is, Trump's own words in the deposition and in court and from old recordings went a long way to convincing the jury he was indeed a sexual predator.

Oh, I know, that’s why it should be overturned. They didn’t convict him based on any actual evidence of him actually touching her, they convicted him on a comment he made almost 20 years ago

Sorry. Surely you don't think the losers didn't attempt it.

I’m sure they did, and the moron judge allowed her to win with presenting zero physical evidence.

I find it ironic how you all defend Carroll but excoriate Tara Reid, for almost the exact same allegation. I mean, by these standards, Tara would be able to win against Biden. I mean, her story is just as credible as Carrol’s, both couldn’t remember details, both changed their stories. All Reid needs to do is find a jury who would think “it’s more likely than not that Biden did this”. Of course, I already know what’s coming, the stalwart defense of Biden, and the criticizing of Reid. The double standard is ever present.

for defamation for repeatedly saying on his program that Trump was found liable for rape when he was not. This seems like a slam dunk to me. If Trump can be found guilty of defamation against E Jean Carroll when she didn't even have any proof she was raped and even had a Swiss cheese memory about it, then surely Stephanopoulos is guilty of defamation. Trump should win millions and millions on this.

Trump isn’t going to sue. He doesn’t have the money or the facts on his side. :laughing0301:

Just because trump SAID he grabs women by the pussy doesn’t mean he raped Carroll. You have to prove that. Even if he did “grab women by the pussy”, they still have to prove he did it.
Done.
A jury of his peers has already proven it.
Again, this is likely to b me overturned in scotus because it’s not justice. The court ordered him to pay this woman 93 million, because he tried to defend himself, SHE made a claim, he denied it and then she smacks him with a defamation suit. That’s just all kinds of messed up especially when she never proved he ever touched HER.
He did more than deny it. He defamed her according to another jury of his peers.
Same with Letitia James, if she seizes his properties, and that case gets overturned by scotus based on the fraudulent way she used the law
How was the way she "used" the law fraudulent?
You better hope, you're not in front of a jury. That wants you gone.
Suddenly you hate The Constitution and due process?

Forum List

Back