George Zimmerman: Homeless, Jobless, Has PTSD. But no regrets!

I went over the other point of contention, should people just meekly sit back when the police can't handle crime?

Also my other post went into more detail. Note the article said he "expressed no regrets" That isn't the same as saying "he said he had no regrets"
Umm .... There was no crime being committed that night for the police to handle.

The police DID "handle" this crime. They let gz go. And then they buried evidence.

What "evidence" was buried?

Marty? Have you ever heard of the concept "Personal responsibility." I'm only going to make this point one more time, and then I'll have to lower my perceptions of your IQ several points.

GZ has no regrets. That means he learned nothing. That's not a healthy, sane way to go through life.

What happened that night was undoubtedly the worst thing that happened in his life. Far and away, the worst.

And he is so narrow-minded, that he honestly can't see that he could have done it any better or different.

This isn't Monday morning quarterbacking of what happened that night. This is him looking back and saying "I could have avoided imminent death had I made some different choices - but meh! I'd do it all again."

That's either stupid or psychotic, or both.

Correct.

Had Zimmerman only done as instructed by the police, remaining at his car or returning home, he’d be living a quite, private existence today.

And again, this is not hindsight being 20/20, as Zimmerman made the decision to disregard the authorities and place himself in a dangerous situation – consequently he has only himself to blame, and must indeed take personal responsibility, something he clearly refuses to do.

No one told him to stay in the car. In fact, the guy on the phone asked him "what's he doing now?" which is what prompted George to get out of the car and go see.

Yes the dispatcher did tell Z to stay in his car.

911 Dispatcher: "Are you following him?"

Zimmerman: "Yeah"

911 Dispatcher: "Ok, we don't need you to do that.

Zimmerman: "Ok."

No regrets.

That's not normal, when you've taken a life and in doing so, destroyed your own.

He "expressed no regrets" that's not the same as having no regrets. Plus, lawsuits are still ongoing. He doesn't dare express regrets. If you fall or hurt yourself in a department store the employees are instructed to NEVER say "sorry" because it can put liability on the store. After all the lawsuits are played out, then let's see what he says in an interview, okay?

Except Martin was heading AWAY from Martin before the altercation took place.

Can you prove that beyond a shadow of a doubt? I wonder if Martin had been able to grab that gun off of his pursuer and fired it if he'd be free right now and doing interviews whining that people aren't sending him enough money.

So the burden of proof for me is I have to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt, but you are allowed to basically throw things in the air without backup?

What we have is the trial, and that is what the trial brought to life. Zimmerman was heading away from Martin when Martin confronted him.

I'm just speculating that Martin could have likely avoided conviction by using the same argument that Zimmerman used. He was being pursued by an armed stranger and was in fear of his life. He could even say that he saw Zimmerman's gun. After all in the Michael Dunn case we don't know if he's lying or not about thinking that he saw a gun in the car but that was enough to clear him of second degree murder.

PTSD can be self induced sometimes.

Self induced PTSD?

I wouldn't call it PTSD, I'd call it going crazy. And...............if either one is the case, Zimmerman shouldn't be allowed to have a gun.

I have mixed feelings on that. I really don't think anyone with PTSD should have a gun, but then again, I have a problem with taking guns away from our returning vets, many of whom have PTSD.

@Againshelia

I treated patients with PTSD for 25 years. Not a single one of them ever killed anyone. PTSD is not a psychosis. It is a neurosis.

Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) affects people who have witnessed, or been exposed to, traumatizing experiences. This neurotic disorder is commonly seen in soldiers who return from war situations. PTSD patients often relive the trauma through flashbacks and dreams, which can lead to insomnia, paranoia, and social withdrawal.

What Are Neurotic Disorders? (with pictures)

Getting your head bashed into the concrete certainly IS enough to give you PTSD. So is being tried for murder.

If having any psych diagnosis or being on any psych med means that you are dangerous, then there are a lot of anxious housewives and sleep disorder patients who are dangerous. Take their guns, their children, and their money! Quick!

You know...on several occasions, I've seen posts here at USMB calling young black men feral, animals, etc. that are cowards and run in packs. Travon Martin was alone. Just a thought. He was alone.

Yeah, because his mom kicked him out and sent him to live with his father. Which brings me back to "what friends?" His father claims he figured Trayvon was just staying with friends that night. He was new to the neighborhood, had been suspended or expelled from school and his dad just figures he's staying the night with some "friends?"

Trayvon had himself some terrible parents. First thing his mom does is trademark his name and "I am Trayvon?" She's the one who kicked him out but now all of a sudden she's good 'cause she's making money off of his death.

He should have stayed in the car and not profiled TM.

So getting out of your car and following (not confronting) someone gives the other person carte blanche to beat the crap out of him.

The people robbing the neighborhood were described as young black men. so we can't describe suspects anymore?

and i forgot to add, go away you rep turned off pussy. Go wear your pink tutu.

If some weird dude was following me I would physically impress on him to stop especially as a teenager. Z was told to stay in the car and let the police handle it. How do you know he did not confront TM? Is it because he said so? Oh I forgot to add. Make me go away. I turned off my rep because I dont care to give pussies like you the ability to relieve your stress by negging me. Pisses you off doesnt it?

He was never told to stay in the car. Did you people even watch the trial? Even listen to the updates?

So getting out of your car and following (not confronting) someone gives the other person carte blanche to beat the crap out of him.

Can you prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that Trayvon wasn't in fear of his life? Because according to the court he should be considered perfectly justified in attacking GZ!

Well, according to his girlfriend, he'd already made it next to his dad's house and lost Zimmerman. So apparently he went back to attack him, doesn't sound like someone in fear of his life to me, does it to you?

Can you prove that beyond a shadow of a doubt? I wonder if Martin had been able to grab that gun off of his pursuer and fired it if he'd be free right now and doing interviews whining that people aren't sending him enough money.

So the burden of proof for me is I have to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt, but you are allowed to basically throw things in the air without backup?

What we have is the trial, and that is what the trial brought to life. Zimmerman was heading away from Martin when Martin confronted him.

I'm just speculating that Martin could have likely avoided conviction by using the same argument that Zimmerman used. He was being pursued by an armed stranger and was in fear of his life. He could even say that he saw Zimmerman's gun. After all in the Michael Dunn case we don't know if he's lying or not about thinking that he saw a gun in the car but that was enough to clear him of second degree murder.

He wasn't cleared, it was a hung jury. Big difference as Double Jeopardy does not apply to a hung jury.

so getting out of your car and following (not confronting) someone gives the other person carte blanche to beat the crap out of him.

can you prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that trayvon wasn't in fear of his life? Because according to the court he should be considered perfectly justified in attacking gz!

well, according to his girlfriend, he'd already made it next to his dad's house and lost zimmerman. So apparently he went back to attack him, doesn't sound like someone in fear of his life to me, does it to you?

this.

Can you prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that Trayvon wasn't in fear of his life? Because according to the court he should be considered perfectly justified in attacking GZ!

You know, I watched almost all of the trial and it's clear that the Trayvon supporters are either blind or stupid or just are spouting nonsense they heard from someone else. Yes, there was testimony that Martin had eluded Zimmerman, by Martin's girlfriend.

Well, according to his girlfriend, he'd already made it next to his dad's house and lost Zimmerman. So apparently he went back to attack him, doesn't sound like someone in fear of his life to me, does it to you?

Maybe Martin feared that GZ was going to keep looking for him? You can't prove he wasn't in fear of his life. Just as the court couldn't prove that GZ wasn't in fear of his life.

Correct.

Had Zimmerman only done as instructed by the police, remaining at his car or returning home, he’d be living a quite, private existence today.

And again, this is not hindsight being 20/20, as Zimmerman made the decision to disregard the authorities and place himself in a dangerous situation – consequently he has only himself to blame, and must indeed take personal responsibility, something he clearly refuses to do.

No one told him to stay in the car. In fact, the guy on the phone asked him "what's he doing now?" which is what prompted George to get out of the car and go see.

Yes the dispatcher did tell Z to stay in his car.

911 Dispatcher: "Are you following him?"

Zimmerman: "Yeah"

911 Dispatcher: "Ok, we don't need you to do that.

Zimmerman: "Ok."

He was already outside the car at that point. Nothing in there about staying in the car, twist the words however you like, that was never said.

You know, I watched almost all of the trial and it's clear that the Trayvon supporters are either blind or stupid or just are spouting nonsense they heard from someone else. Yes, there was testimony that Martin had eluded Zimmerman, by Martin's girlfriend.

The one that was slandered all across America by conservatives? Trayvon's attorney's probably could've handled her as well as GZ's did.

Maybe Martin feared that GZ was going to keep looking for him? You can't prove he wasn't in fear of his life. Just as the court couldn't prove that GZ wasn't in fear of his life.

Martin had a cell phone. He was standing right next to his dad's house, all he had to do was go inside or call the police, he did neither. Instead he backtracked and attacked Zimmerman.

CaféAuLait;8636682 said:
Other notable moments in Zimmerman’s interview, seven months after the trial:

• He says he never realized that Martin was unarmed, but that Martin was clearly trying to grab the gun from him.
  • He initially thought that his bullet had missed Martin and potentially struck a neighbor’s house.
  • He expresses no regrets about the shooting.
  • He has a debt of $2.5 million owed to his lawyers, Mark O’Mara and Don West. He has raised more than $300,000 from online donors and said he hopes to collect additional funds through a lawsuit he’s filed against NBC News over an edited 911 call, which he alleges made him look racist because a question and answer were mixed.
  • He says he hasn't collected welfare and will work as a cook if he has to. He’s living off his family for now.
  • He blames sensationalized media coverage for making him notorious, saying people recognize him everywhere because “of what the press did with the incident in 2012, in February.”

George Zimmerman says he's homeless and suffers from PTSD - latimes.com

He's living off his family right now. Why? If he can be a cook, go be a cook. What's he waiting for?

And what's the hold up on the NBC/MSNBC court case.

In the same interview he says he lives in fear of his life, probably why he does not have a job. Lawsuits seem to take sometime and given MSNBC inferred before the trial ended that "if Zimmerman was found guilty" he would have no case against them, its probably given Zimmerman more fuel. An article I found dated December 2013 says the lawsuit is still 'ongoing'.

Lawsuits take forever, I think he lives in his own prison.

Why the attorneys would represent him and expect a $2.5 million payday, is pretty stupid on the attorney's part. But whoever said attorney's were smart.

CaféAuLait;8636682 said:
George Zimmerman says he's homeless and suffers from PTSD - latimes.com

He's living off his family right now. Why? If he can be a cook, go be a cook. What's he waiting for?

And what's the hold up on the NBC/MSNBC court case.

In the same interview he says he lives in fear of his life, probably why he does not have a job. Lawsuits seem to take sometime and given MSNBC inferred before the trial ended that "if Zimmerman was found guilty" he would have no case against them, its probably given Zimmerman more fuel. An article I found dated December 2013 says the lawsuit is still 'ongoing'.

Lawsuits take forever, I think he lives in his own prison.

Why the attorneys would represent him and expect a $2.5 million payday, is pretty stupid on the attorney's part. But whoever said attorney's were smart.

They'll get their money, when the lawsuit with NBC/MSNBC is settled. You don't really think they would have defended Zimmerman if they weren't confident of getting paid, do you?

Martin had a cell phone. He was standing right next to his dad's house, all he had to do was go inside or call the police, he did neither. Instead he backtracked and attacked Zimmerman.

All Zimmerman had to do was stay in his car and call the police. Instead he caused Martin to fear an armed pursuer, and luckily Martin was able to grab the gun from him and fire before he was killed!

Oh if the tables were turned...

All Zimmerman had to do was stay in his car and call the police. Instead he caused Martin to fear an armed pursuer, and luckily Martin was able to grab the gun from him and fire before he was killed!

Oh if the tables were turned...

That implies Zimmerman starting the physical altercation, which is found nowhere in any testimony.

Forum List

Back