George Zimmerman's bloody head

I see you are a great addition to this thread.

So tell me smart one.......What did this kid do to warrant being followed?

He was on private property and wasn't recognized by a resident.

Um, don't think so.

Um, you don't know what a gated community is?

"A subdivision or neighborhood, often surrounded by a barrier, to which entry is restricted to residents and their guests."

In other words, private property.

Read more: gated community: Definition from Answers.com

Prosecutor stated Zimmerman "was scared because Mr. Martin started circling his car." That's from Z's statement to police the night of the incident.

Pretty strange a guy would follow someone who he was so scared of, who he didn't know may have been armed, and might, in his opinion, be "on drugs."

And because a lot of black people live in a community that proves Zimmerman wouldn't be suspicious of him because he was black kid wearing a hoodie?
I think you are the one being a mind reader, and a complete dumb ass. Keep digging your hole. Its fun to watch.
And lily white has to do with this, because you either had no idea what it meant or you were implying that only in a mostly white community would a black teenager be viewed as suspicious.

Let me ask you something, and see if you can be honest. You are driving through your neighborhood, and you know most of the people who live there. You see a young person walking down the street, looking into the various houses he passes, and when he sees you he takes off running. Would you find this a little suspicious, or would you assume he was on his way home from the store after buying Skittles?
Your narrative here is incorrect.

It comes from the transcript of the 911 call, show me what I got wrong.

Too bad Travon didn't hit him harder, he might still be alive. That kid was fighting for his life.

Lest we forget, Zimmerman outweighed him and had a gun?

The prosecution will remind us, I'm sure.

This is also part of the point I am trying to make, and wow it is from a conservative blog. Stole this from another thread.

Zimmerman had no right to follow Martin, Martin was the one threatened, and the original person who could claim self defense becasue he felt threatened by a stranger following him. ;)

Actually, what matters is how Zimmerman felt. If he reasonably believed his life was in danger he was entitled to use force to defend himself. This has nothing to do with the stand your ground laws, or Florida, it is simple common sense. If his account is true, and he was on the ground, he was entitled to kill Martin even in New York. He would probably face a weapons charge in New York, but he would not face a murder charge. Anyone that does not understand that simple truth shouldn't be writing about this at all, whatever their political leanings.

Are you fucking kidding? New York isn't an insane state..like Florida. Zimmerman would be in so much trouble it wouldn't be funny if this happened here..

Didn't I just say that he would be facing a weapons charge?

By the way, when did self defense when a guy is beating the crap out of you become insane?

Give me one good reason from what Zimmerman told the dispatcher for him to follow Martin

Gee, I don't know.

Dispatcher: Sanford Police Department. ...

Zimmerman: Hey we've had some break-ins in my neighborhood, and there's a real suspicious guy, uh, [near] Retreat View Circle, um, the best address I can give you is 111 Retreat View Circle. This guy looks like he's up to no good, or he's on drugs or something. It's raining and he's just walking around, looking about.

Dispatcher: OK, and this guy is he white, black, or Hispanic?

Zimmerman: He looks black.

Dispatcher: Did you see what he was wearing?

Zimmerman: Yeah. A dark hoodie, like a grey hoodie, and either jeans or sweatpants and white tennis shoes. He's [unintelligible], he was just staring...

Dispatcher: OK, he's just walking around the area...

Zimmerman: ...looking at all the houses.

Dispatcher: OK...

Zimmerman: Now he's just staring at me.

Dispatcher: OK--you said it's 1111 Retreat View? Or 111?

Zimmerman: That's the clubhouse...

Dispatcher: That's the clubhouse, do you know what the--he's near the clubhouse right now?

Zimmerman: Yeah, now he's coming towards me.

Dispatcher: OK.

Zimmerman: He's got his hand in his waistband. And he's a black male.
If Zimmerman had been an on or off duty cop he would have shot him for walking toward him with his hand in his waistband, and every cop in the country would have backed him up.

But he wasn't. And an off duty Cop would have known better, and if he hadn't his ass would have been in trouble.

An off duty cop would have known better than what?

Let me ask you something, and see if you can be honest. You are driving through your neighborhood, and you know most of the people who live there. You see a young person walking down the street, looking into the various houses he passes, and when he sees you he takes off running. Would you find this a little suspicious, or would you assume he was on his way home from the store after buying Skittles?
Your narrative here is incorrect.

Well, the "looking into houses" part - just for starters.

This is also part of the point I am trying to make, and wow it is from a conservative blog. Stole this from another thread.

Zimmerman had no right to follow Martin, Martin was the one threatened, and the original person who could claim self defense becasue he felt threatened by a stranger following him. ;)

Actually, what matters is how Zimmerman felt. If he reasonably believed his life was in danger he was entitled to use force to defend himself. This has nothing to do with the stand your ground laws, or Florida, it is simple common sense. If his account is true, and he was on the ground, he was entitled to kill Martin even in New York. He would probably face a weapons charge in New York, but he would not face a murder charge. Anyone that does not understand that simple truth shouldn't be writing about this at all, whatever their political leanings.

He would have never had to defend himself if he had not followed someone who had not committed a crime.

Really? Last time I thought someone was following me I did not confront him, I made sure I lost him.

Just something an intelligent person would think about.

If I beat up a man who followed me in a car, and then on foot, and who was holding a gun.......Who do you think the Cops would arrest, if you take out the killing part?

It wouldn't be the guy who called them to report suspicious activity.

Just saying.

He might not go to jail, if he did call me in. But if a man called me in for walking down the street only carrying pop and candy, I then later say punch him for following me. If I explained to the cops and it was proven I didn't do anything wrong, that I had no idea who the man was, and that I felt threatened. You think they would charge me with assault? I doubt it.

If I killed that same man in Florida, and proved I had no idea why he was following me and that I felt threatened. You think I should be charged with murder?

The point you are all missing, is Martin is the first person to be threatened in this incident. Zimmerman may be on the block watch, but he drives his own car and is not a Police Officer. If Martin was a white woman, this would be a completely different story. You know it, we all know it.

Besides, Zimmerman already lied on the stand. He said he thought the kid was just a couple of years younger than him but on the audio he described Travon as being in his late teens.

Too bad Travon didn't hit him harder, he might still be alive. That kid was fighting for his life.

He was also younger, and could run faster. and had actually managed to get away from him, yet they ended up in a fight.

think about that.

Then there's the part where Zimmerman said TM circled around Zimmerman's vehicle...and that made Zimmerman afraid.

And the fact that Z could not know many of the residents, as something like 40% of the townhouses were getting foreclosed on, or were unable to be sold, and a good many were renters - like Zimmerman was, a renter.

Lots of new residents in and out, all the time...

If I beat up a man who followed me in a car, and then on foot, and who was holding a gun.......Who do you think the Cops would arrest, if you take out the killing part?

It wouldn't be the guy who called them to report suspicious activity.

Just saying.

He might not go to jail, if he did call me in. But if a man called me in for walking down the street only carrying pop and candy, I then later say punch him for following me. If I explained to the cops and it was proven I didn't do anything wrong, that I had no idea who the man was, and that I felt threatened. You think they would charge me with assault? I doubt it.

If I killed that same man in Florida, and proved I had no idea why he was following me and that I felt threatened. You think I should be charged with murder?

The point you are all missing, is Martin is the first person to be threatened in this incident. Zimmerman may be on the block watch, but he drives his own car and is not a Police Officer. If Martin was a white woman, this would be a completely different story. You know it, we all know it.

Let me get this straight, you think you can punch random people on the street and get away with it? Are you a dumb blonde, or just ignorant?

He was also younger, and could run faster. and had actually managed to get away from him, yet they ended up in a fight.

think about that.

I so wish he would have run.

He would have never had to defend himself if he had not followed someone who had not committed a crime.

Really? Last time I thought someone was following me I did not confront him, I made sure I lost him.

Just something an intelligent person would think about.
I also choose not to follow young males I don't know. You know, it is what intelligent people do.

Then there's the part where Zimmerman said TM circled around Zimmerman's vehicle...and that made Zimmerman afraid.

And the fact that Z could not know many of the residents, as something like 40% of the townhouses were getting foreclosed on, or were unable to be sold, and a good many were renters - like Zimmerman was, a renter.

Lots of new residents in and out, all the time...

What part was that? Unlike you, I have a link to the actual conversation, not what someone says someone else said Zimmerman said to another person.

Well, the "looking into houses" part - just for starters.

Really?

Dispatcher: OK, he's just walking around the area...

Zimmerman: ...looking at all the houses.

Dispatcher: OK...

Yep, you are right, sounds perfectly innocent to me.
Looking at and looking into are not the same. You failed.

When I walk, I look at things too. Many people do.

think about that.

I so wish he would have run.

He did, and then came back.

Think about it.

Forum List

Back