George Zimmerman's bloody head

Prosecutor stated Zimmerman "was scared because Mr. Martin started circling his car." That's from Z's statement to police the night of the incident.

Pretty strange a guy would follow someone who he was so scared of, who he didn't know may have been armed, and might, in his opinion, be "on drugs."

GZ may have been (in his mind) trying to do the right thing even if it means putting yourself in danger for the good of the neighborhood.

I dont know and dont care as it doesn't matter. That has nothing to do with what happened.

Again, if Martin would have just called the cops (911) instead of talking to his girl, maybe noone would have died.

I think if someone broke into my house, I will not stay on the phone with my girl while I confronted the thief (assuming i thought there was a threat), i would immediately call the COPS IF THERE WAS TIME (which it seemed there was).

He would have never had to defend himself if he had not followed someone who had not committed a crime.

Really? Last time I thought someone was following me I did not confront him, I made sure I lost him.

Just something an intelligent person would think about.
I also choose not to follow young males I don't know. You know, it is what intelligent people do.

How would you know what intelligent people do?

He would have never had to defend himself if he had not followed someone who had not committed a crime.

Really? Last time I thought someone was following me I did not confront him, I made sure I lost him.

I also choose not to follow young males I don't know. You know, it is what intelligent people do.
Or get out of your car packing heat and following someone you think might be armed, even though he was told not to do that...

Well, the "looking into houses" part - just for starters.

Really?

Dispatcher: OK, he's just walking around the area...

Zimmerman: ...looking at all the houses.

Dispatcher: OK...
Yep, you are right, sounds perfectly innocent to me.
Looking at and looking into are not the same. You failed.

When I walk, I look at things too. Many people do.

And, if you are walking down a residential street, people will think the fact that you are looking at their house is suspicions. In fact, if you saw someone walking down your street looking at every house on the block, you would think it is suspicious.

Or get out of your car packing heat and following someone you think might be armed, even though he was told not to do that...

Funny how two people who are trying to look smart can't even get the facts right.

Really?

Yep, you are right, sounds perfectly innocent to me.

And, if you are walking down a residential street, people will think the fact that you are looking at their house is suspicions. In fact, if you saw someone walking down your street looking at every house on the block, you would think it is suspicious.
Again, you enhance the narrative.

I wonder at what point Trayvon "circled" Zimmerman's car. Z said he did that too.

He said that after the police call, though.

Curious, isn't it?

Funny how two people who are trying to look smart can't even get the facts right.
Oh, I have the facts straight. Much more so than you.

Zimmerman was specifically told by police not to physically get involved in any suspicious activity he reported.

Yeah, and you have? :lol:

I know that he was not told not to follow Martin, yet you insist I need to listen to the transcript of the call because it proves he was. For the record "We don't need you to do that." is not an instruction not to follow, it is a statement of policy.

Again, you enhance the narrative.

I wonder at what point Trayvon "circled" Zimmerman's car. Z said he did that too.

He said that after the police call, though.

Curious, isn't it?

Me pointing out that if you see someone doing what Martin did you would find it suspicious is enhancing the narrative, but you flat out lying about what the dispatcher said to Martin is sticking to the facts.

Got it.

Zimmerman was specifically told by police not to physically get involved in any suspicious activity he reported.

Zimmerman was told no such thing.

I dare you to prove me wrong.

I know that he was not told not to follow Martin, yet you insist I need to listen to the transcript of the call because it proves he was. For the record "We don't need you to do that." is not an instruction not to follow, it is a statement of policy.
He was instructed not to get physically involved in people he reported as suspicious.

And how about we look at the facts......

Do we have evidence of Martin getting violent with anyone in the past? What of his criminal record? You guys bitch at liberals for being quick to judge Zimmerman, but lets remember there is witnesses on both sides that are saying the other person started it. There is a man who says Zimmerman was on the ground, and there is witnesses who say Martin was the one being attacked.
Show me where there is a witness who saw Martin first attack Zimmerman, not just see him on top or that Martin ran after Zimmerman.
Zimmerman has been charged before in cases involving assault, Martin has no juvenile record and was only suspended for trace amounts of pot. Is there any records of Martin fighting at school?

He was instructed not to get physically involved in people he reported as suspicious.

You are lying.

All you have to do to prove you are not lying is post the audio or a transcript of the call that proves he was told not to follow. shouldn't be hard, unless I am right.

Zimmerman was told no such thing.

I dare you to prove me wrong.
That's easy.

Sanford Police Department Neighborhood Watch Handbook
You will add your “eyes and ears” to
those of the Police Department which
cannot be everywhere, all the time, by
keeping a watchful eye and open ear to
what is happening in your
neighborhood. You will extend their
ability to provide security by reporting
anything unusual or suspicious, 24 hours
a day, seven days a week, so they can
follow up on your leads. What you will
not do is get physically involved with
any activity you report or
apprehension of any suspicious
persons. This is the job of the law
enforcement agency.
^^^^ Emphasis THEIRS.

http://www.sanfordfl.gov/investigation/docs/NWProgramHandbook.pdf

In big bold-up fonts the above words there INSIST people are not to " get physically involved with any activity you report or apprehen[d] of any suspicious persons."

They do that in not only one area of the NW Guidelines, but twice.
In BOLD letters.

We KNOW Zimmerman was told by police this, as Z was the one who helped facilitate the NW meeting with the Sanford Police Chief for guidelines, and as contact and Captain would necessarily need to be informed of the rules:

Twin Lakes at Retreat news letter -Sept 2011:
George Zimmerman's name listed as contact & that Chief Lee was coming to next meeting:

RTL Newsletter September 2011 FINAL

Feb 2012 Twin Lakes at Retreat news letter - George Zimmerman identified as Captain.

RTL February 2012 Newsletter

SFP -meeting with residents after shooting - Relaying Zimmerman was acting as NW at the time.

Sanford PD Meeting

In addition:

In September, the Sanford police helped the Retreat start a neighborhood watch program.

"Some residents called me wanting to do a startup," said Dorival, a civilian police employee. About 30 people came to the clubhouse for that first session, she said. "Everyone was enthusiastic." Zimmerman volunteered to be captain.

"I told them, this is not about being a vigilante police force," Dorival said. "You're not even supposed to patrol on neighborhood watch. And you're certainly not supposed to carry a gun."
Trayvon Martin's killing shatters safety within Retreat at Twin Lakes in Sanford - Tampa Bay Times

He was never told to NOT follow him. He was told "We dont need you to do that (follow him)". He freaking said "OK"!!!

So as SOON as he was told that he wasn't "needed" to do something, he said ok and from what we know, didn't do it anymore.

Not needing someone to do something is not the same as telling them NOT to.

Why do people keep saying he was following someone even after he was "told" not to when that clearly is NOT the case.

Forum List

Back