Georgia Senate blocks mega tax cuts for Delta in response to Delta punishing law abiding NRA

Of course I do, it is someone that thinks the states role is to interfere with private companies trying to force them to give other private companies financial discounts.

In other words, you.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
Like giving tax breaks to some and not others? That way?

Yes, that way. I am against taxes being used in that manner. I am against taxes that are used for social engineering, I am against tax credits for people who are married or have children or have a house. Taxes are supposed to generate revenue, not be used to reward or punish behavior.

But you statist will never see it that way.
Taxes are voluntary

Send that in a letter to the IRS this year and let me know how that works out for you.
Why, I volunteer my money

Bullshit.

Besides, a good little statist like you needs to fund the government so they can keep telling private organizations which business decisions to make.

Like giving tax breaks to some and not others? That way?

Yes, that way. I am against taxes being used in that manner. I am against taxes that are used for social engineering, I am against tax credits for people who are married or have children or have a house. Taxes are supposed to generate revenue, not be used to reward or punish behavior.

Taxes are voluntary

Send that in a letter to the IRS this year and let me know how that works out for you.

Bullshit.

Besides, a good little statist like you needs to fund the government so they can keep telling private organizations which business decisions to make.
I like roads and bridges and the military

Odd. Rather than condemn Delta for punishing a group of 5 million law-abiding citizens who had nothing to do with the FL shooting, a group that has long advocated stronger security at schools, liberals are whining because the GA legislature retaliated against Delta's unjust action.
Odd. Rather than condemn Delta for punishing a group of 5 million law-abiding citizens who had nothing to do with the FL shooting, a group that has long advocated stronger security at schools, liberals are whining because the GA legislature retaliated against Delta's unjust action.

You really think all 5 million NRA members have used the Delta discount? Goddam that's funny.

Taxes are voluntary

Bullshit.

I like roads and bridges and the military

And you like the government to tell private organizations which specific business decisions they are allowed to make. Do not forget that part

I'm sure this has been said already, but giving a discount is a privilege for companies to do for groups, not something they HAVE to do. If they want to discontinue that it is up to them and it isn't a punishment.

It is a punishment if you are a statist and think the state should dictate who gets discounts and who does not.
It’s business

Yes it is. Some of us think that the government should stay out of business decisions by private organizations...then there are you statist that think it is the Govt's job to tell private organizations which specific business decisions they are allowed to make

Oh, the fuck you do, you disingenuous turd. What you think is that no one should ever interfere with your imposition of YOUR values and worldview on whomever you want.

So then is giving discounts to only members of certain clubs and not everyone also discrimination? Or is it only discrimination to stop giving a discount?

It is only discrimination to stop giving a discounts, but only to the groups that the statist choose, you can stop giving them to everyone else and it is all cool.
Everyone doesn’t keep discounts is all cool. All get pulled

And all you good little statist will get the government to force private organizations to do it their way or face the consequences...that is what the government is for, right?
They can move

Why would they move when they can just tell you statist to fuck off and then charge you more to fly on their planes. There is no losing side to this for Delta.

Well, you know, other than the precipitious drop in their favorability in public opinion. But I suppose they can just say, "Fuck off" to everyone, right?

I'm sure this has been said already, but giving a discount is a privilege for companies to do for groups, not something they HAVE to do. If they want to discontinue that it is up to them and it isn't a punishment.

It is a punishment if you are a statist and think the state should dictate who gets discounts and who does not.
It’s business

Yes it is. Some of us think that the government should stay out of business decisions by private organizations...then there are you statist that think it is the Govt's job to tell private organizations which specific business decisions they are allowed to make

Oh, the fuck you do, you disingenuous turd. What you think is that no one should ever interfere with your imposition of YOUR values and worldview on whomever you want.

Actually as a lover of liberty and personal freedom I think nobody should try and impose their worldview on anyone else. That is why I oppose people like you.

It is only discrimination to stop giving a discounts, but only to the groups that the statist choose, you can stop giving them to everyone else and it is all cool.

And all you good little statist will get the government to force private organizations to do it their way or face the consequences...that is what the government is for, right?
They can move

Why would they move when they can just tell you statist to fuck off and then charge you more to fly on their planes. There is no losing side to this for Delta.

Well, you know, other than the precipitious drop in their favorability in public opinion. But I suppose they can just say, "Fuck off" to everyone, right?

Airlines have been telling us to fuck off for years...smaller seats, more extra fees, less perks, longer waits, higher cost...

So then is giving discounts to only members of certain clubs and not everyone also discrimination? Or is it only discrimination to stop giving a discount?

They can move

so - you're saying that delta taking the stance they did against the NRA didn't cost them anything?
In N.R.A. Fight, Delta Finds There Is No Neutral Ground

they chose to get political and there is ALWAYS a huge risk in this. they could have just stayed out of all this and nothing would have happened. but the left is going bat shit crazy on a non profit organization that has yet to field a mass shooter from their ranks, holding the NRA responsible for our own collective stupidity because the left ALWAYS needs someone to blame for problems.

then delta doubles down and says:

"Delta did not respond on Tuesday to Mr. Cagle’s threat or amplify its stance regarding the N.R.A. In a statement over the weekend, the company said its decision to stop offering discounted fares to the N.R.A. “reflects the airline’s neutral status in the current national debate over gun control amid recent school shootings.”

you don't go neutral by picking a side. they may "feel" they did it to avoid the fray but all they did was shine a spotlight on them for retribution.

one side gets stupid and does stupid shit
other side demands retribution and they do stupid shit back.

when do we collectively quit doing stupid shit? at least for awhile?

and it won't be as simple as you say in "fine just raise ticket prices" because cost per a seat on a plane is highly calculated and factored in and losing that chunk of changes seriously fucks up a lot of work put into that formula. and if they raise it up too much are they diverting as much business as they are recouping? has to be considered.

and should they just go back to giving discounts and end it? want to or not, must be considered.

so it's not that easy and it is a huge deal right now. stupid all around, but we get that way usually when the left goes MY WAY OR FUCK OFF!

It’s business

Actually as a lover of liberty and personal freedom I think nobody should try and impose their worldview on anyone else. That is why I oppose people like you.

This argument blows my mind. How in the fuck can people think that a company is responsible to give discounts to NRA members or they should be punished by the government?

I've seen some crazy shit in my lifetime but that takes the cake.

Did you know that public workers like police officers and firemen aren't supposed to take gratuities from places like a coffee while on duty?

They can move

so - you're saying that delta taking the stance they did against the NRA didn't cost them anything?

they chose to get political and there is ALWAYS a huge risk in this. they could have just stayed out of all this and nothing would have happened. but the left is going bat shit crazy on a non profit organization that has yet to field a mass shooter from their ranks, holding the NRA responsible for our own collective stupidity because the left ALWAYS needs someone to blame for problems.

"Delta did not respond on Tuesday to Mr. Cagle’s threat or amplify its stance regarding the N.R.A. In a statement over the weekend, the company said its decision to stop offering discounted fares to the N.R.A. “reflects the airline’s neutral status in the current national debate over gun control amid recent school shootings.”

you don't go neutral by picking a side. they may "feel" they did it to avoid the fray but all they did was shine a spotlight on them for retribution.

and it won't be as simple as you say in "fine just raise ticket prices" because cost per a seat on a plane is highly calculated and factored in and losing that chunk of changes seriously fucks up a lot of work put into that formula. and if they raise it up too much are they diverting as much business as they are recouping? has to be considered.

and should they just go back to giving discounts and end it? want to or not, must be considered.

so it's not that easy and it is a huge deal right now. stupid all around, but we get that way usually when the left goes MY WAY OR FUCK OFF!

What you are missing is that they did not pick a side.

By offering discounts to the NRA they picked a side and gave their endorsement to the NRA.

By not offering a discount they are now neutral just like they are for every other organization they do not give discounts to.

Taking a side against the NRA would entail Delta refusing to fly NRA members, they did not do that.

As far as the cost, every airline that flies out of Atlanta is affected by the actions of the Ga Senate. So if they all up their prices to compensate for the statist action of the Ga Senate, there will be nowhere for people to turn to and everyone will pay the higher price.

They can move

By offering discounts to the NRA they picked a side and gave their endorsement to the NRA.

By not offering a discount they are now neutral just like they are for every other organization they do not give discounts to.

Taking a side against the NRA would entail Delta refusing to fly NRA members, they did not do that.

As far as the cost, every airline that flies out of Atlanta is affected by the actions of the Ga Senate. So if they all up their prices to compensate for the statist action of the Ga Senate, there will be nowhere for people to turn to and everyone will pay the higher price.

if they did this 6 months ago they didn't pick a side.

when the left screams BOYCOTT and they do this - they picked a side.

i don't buy their "switzerland" shit when done with the timing they did it, sorry.

They can move

i don't buy their "switzerland" shit when done with the timing they did it, sorry.

So, last year Delta pulled their funding from the play that depicted a violent death of Trump were you complaining about Delta giving into to pressure and taking sides?

Or are you ok with a company taking sides as long as it is your side?

They can move

So, last year Delta pulled their funding from the play that depicted a violent death of Trump were you complaining about Delta giving into to pressure and taking sides?

didn't care much then or now. but there will be ramifications of their moves is all i'm saying. i've taken most of my personal "dogs" out of these races and am simply watching us tear ourselves up.

and ANY company that caves to SWJ's deserves what they get.

didn't care much then or now. but there will be ramifications of their moves is all i'm saying. i've taken most of my personal "dogs" out of these races and am simply watching us tear ourselves up.

Even if what they “deserve” involves the government interfering with transactions between two private entities, forcing one entity to pay a tribute in the form of a discount to the other?

You do realize when it is successfully done once, it will become common place and will move from the state level to the national level.

Will you be this supportive when the Fed Govt forces a private entity to give tributes in the form of discounts to groups like PP or BLM or others?

It’s business

Look in the mirror Cecilie

Even if what they “deserve” involves the government interfering with transactions between two private entities, forcing one entity to pay a tribute in the form of a discount to the other?

You do realize when it is successfully done once, it will become common place and will move from the state level to the national level.

Will you be this supportive when the Fed Govt forces a private entity to give tributes in the form of discounts to groups like PP or BLM or others?

you do realize this isn't the first time things like this have been done...

if the left would quit protesting everything they don't like this would go away. but they demand THEIR views be followed and approved by society in the move of breaking ties with THEIR enemy that sometimes you have to fight back in the only way they understand.

with stupidity.

there's a lot of valid things to protest in the world. protesting a non profit org because of mass shootings that not a single member of theirs has ever been involved in is stupid.

start a stupid chain of events in motion you'll see more stupid follow.

been doing this ever since the world began.

They can move

yeah ice we didn't learn that from your partisan bullies

if the left would quit protesting everything they don't like this would go away. but they demand THEIR views be followed and approved by society in the move of breaking ties with THEIR enemy that sometimes you have to fight back in the only way they understand.

with stupidity.

there's a lot of valid things to protest in the world. protesting a non profit org because of mass shootings that not a single member of theirs has ever been involved in is stupid.

So, you will approve when the Fed Govt openly punishes a private entity for not paying a tribute to the BLM?

with stupidity.

So, you will approve when the Fed Govt openly punishes a private entity for not paying a tribute to the BLM?

you sure do draw some fucked up conclusions in short order and then try to pin me down to things i never said then run around butthurt when i correct you.

this "tit for tat" has been happening since the dawn of time. i can neither approve or disapprove of it and make a difference in whether or not it happens. i see it on both sides, i think it's bullshit, but my catering to your views in a public forum isn't going to change it.

wah - the right was mean to obama, we'll get them back!
wah - the left is mean to trump - sorry but you did it first to obama

and then they all go off "WAH'ing" together.

my noticing that doesn't mean i take a side so get over that.

Forum List

Back