🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Getting To Be ‘Woke’

4.The distinction between the views of the Left and the Right in education is about which comes first: achievement or self-esteem. Progressive Education aims to “level the playing field.” Translation: “lower the standards.” Everyone’s work goes up on the walls because it’s not fair to judge a child’s work as there are no wrong answers, only life experiences.

‘Lost in all the chanting for change is the core commitment to impart actual knowledge. For progressives in the Age of Obama, setting high academic standards is secondary to the self-improvement of the "whole child" and "service" to the cause of social justice.’ The Three R's in the Age of Obama: Rappin', Revolution and Radicalism

Research demonstrates that true self-esteem arise from true achievement, and also shows that kids with the highest self-esteem, particularly minority youngsters, often show distressingly low achievement levels as well as sundry pathologies.

5.' In the light of the essential nature of emotion to the Left, it makes perfect sense that they have created the (highly destructive) self-esteem movement, based on how one feels about oneself. Of course, it is always quite a high number for Leftists, convinced that they are brighter, kinder, finer, more sophisticated, more enlightened, more selfless, and, of course, more intellectual.'
Dennis Prager

“A 1989 study of mathematical skills compared students in eight different countries. American students ranked lowest in mathematical competence and Korean students ranked highest. But the researchers also asked students to rate how good they were at mathematics. The Americans ranked highest in self-judged mathematical ability, while the Koreans ranked lowest….
There is no evidence that high self-esteem reliably causes anything.”
Catholic Education Resource Center

In fact, feeling good is so central to Liberalism, that it is a higher value than truth. The Left has changed American school textbooks from books attempting to convey history to books attempting to make women and members of select minorities feel good about themselves. Democrat lawmakers pass laws demanding that textbooks be rewritten to include more Democrat Party blocs.
California Gay Textbooks Proposal Would Require LGBT Lessons In Schools

As long as the Left/Liberals/Democrats continue to control the schools, America will continue in the death spiral of the woke generation.

We used to call it the "dumbing down" of the US education system. If you track how the US kids do against the rest of the world we're losing badly. Why is that? Social promotion? Too many low IQ kids; the upper and middle class are not forming families and raising smart kids? The progressives don't like data analysis disproving their beautiful theories; i.e. their beautiful theories are killed by those ugly little facts...
Mainly GOP discrimination against blacks and browns in the cities....

Got a link for that? Out here in flyover country the school districts run education, we don't get federal aid that I know of, we pay a lot of tax to fund the schools. Why do you blame the GOP for city schools? Parents need to be involved with their kid's education, check homework, etc. Can't the urban plantations get anything right?
There is so much that you are not aware of, super duper. Of course when you cut Federal taxes on the rich for 35 years, federal aid to the states goes down and State and local taxes go up, which kill the non Rich. Google "the only tax graph you need to know"and find out how misinformed and brainwashed you are. If you count all taxes we have a flat tax system which is a giveaway to the rich. There's a reason why every tax system ever taxes the rich more.

This is the "one tax graph I need to know", and its not earth shattering. It basically proves that the top half of incomes pay 99% of all taxes, look at those blue bars. Low income, means low taxes, I think we knew that. How does this explain why rural and suburban schools work, and urban schools suck? Been playing the victim long?
the one tax graph you really need to know - Google Search:

Biden jumps in....and his worst enemies are the 'woke' way-Left Democrats!

Woke???

How did the formerly American political party get to be Bolsheviks????

1.The most succinct definition of woke appears to be simply observing another person’s skin color, and deciding that you know all there is to know about them…and how to react to them.

Remember when the Left/Liberals/Democrats claimed not to judge by said characteristics???? Seems to be Orwellian ‘Doublespeak’…..“War is Peace. Freedom Is Slavery. Ignorance is Strength.” And now, “Melanin Matters.”

2. Government schooling is the vehicle for the insanity that grips the nation, it gets 'em to be woke, not educated.....and if it is not wrested back from the Left, there is no hope. The forces that oppose the civilization we bask in today have advanced via Dewey, Spock, and the Self-Esteem Movement.

The most important influence in the education of American children is John Dewey.

John Dewey was a communist dupe, a Potemkin Progressive. Yet, this man is the greatest single influence on American schoolchildren; his books have been used to train generations of teachers. Even while the Russian civil war was still going on (some seven million killed between 1917 and 1921), Dewey’s books were translated into Russian by the Bolsheviks: they immediately recognized the importance of his ideas to the Soviet collective communist state.

1. 1918, “School’s of Tomorrow,” published in Russian.
  2. 1919, “How We Think,” published in Russian.
  3. 1920, “The School and Society,” published in Russian.
  4. 1921, “Democracy and Education,” published in Russian. The English version, of course, became a bible at Columbia Teacher’s College.

In 1928, Dewey, on his trip to the Soviet, was given the full Potemkin treatment. He laughed off the possibility of his being manipulated…”the warning, which appears humorous in retrospect by my kindly friends is that I would be fooled by being taken to show places…” Of course, immediately upon returning, he wrote a six part series for The New Republic, the political ‘font of all knowledge’ of the American left. “My mind was in a whirl of new impressions in those early days in Leningrad. Readjustment was difficult, and I lived somewhat dazed….” Impressions of Soviet Russia, by John Dewey.

3. The next bombshell was Dr. Benjamin Spock’s “Common Sense Book of Baby and Child Care,” which also place the blame for all societal problems on the rigidity of old-school parenting. Spock, another communist, warned parents not to impose their views on their children.

Here’s a pretty good analysis of the effects: "I have been a child psychologist for over 40 years and have witnessed an epidemic of troubled, self-centered and out of control children. [Pretty good description of the 'woke' generation].

It is the legacy of Sigmund Freud and his disciples from Dr. Benjamin Spock to Dr. T. Berry Brazelton. According to Spock, whose child-rearing book, “Dr. Spock’s Baby and Child Care” has become one of the all-time best sellers worldwide, “kids don’t have to be disciplined into adulthood but can direct themselves toward adulthood by following their own will.”

Signs are everywhere of children being led into misery by their own will, in the eyes of desperate parents seeking help, in the $14.5 billion dollar sales of medications to treat behavioral disorders, and in the disturbing behavior of children themselves. Today, we have such atrocities as school shootings, unthinkable before the first publication of Spock’s book in 1946.” Azerrad: Children of Spock and Brazelton

And the central issue…..the Self-Esteem Movement.

Next.
That is a great post...the 60's is where/when the democratic party was hijacked and todays party is the evolution of that revolution and white liberals are the cause of all of it.

Woke???

1.The most succinct definition of woke appears to be simply observing another person’s skin color, and deciding that you know all there is to know about them…and how to react to them.

Remember when the Left/Liberals/Democrats claimed not to judge by said characteristics???? Seems to be Orwellian ‘Doublespeak’…..“War is Peace. Freedom Is Slavery. Ignorance is Strength.” And now, “Melanin Matters.”

2. Government schooling is the vehicle for the insanity that grips the nation, it gets 'em to be woke, not educated.....and if it is not wrested back from the Left, there is no hope. The forces that oppose the civilization we bask in today have advanced via Dewey, Spock, and the Self-Esteem Movement.

The most important influence in the education of American children is John Dewey.

John Dewey was a communist dupe, a Potemkin Progressive. Yet, this man is the greatest single influence on American schoolchildren; his books have been used to train generations of teachers. Even while the Russian civil war was still going on (some seven million killed between 1917 and 1921), Dewey’s books were translated into Russian by the Bolsheviks: they immediately recognized the importance of his ideas to the Soviet collective communist state.

4. 1921, “Democracy and Education,” published in Russian. The English version, of course, became a bible at Columbia Teacher’s College.

In 1928, Dewey, on his trip to the Soviet, was given the full Potemkin treatment. He laughed off the possibility of his being manipulated…”the warning, which appears humorous in retrospect by my kindly friends is that I would be fooled by being taken to show places…” Of course, immediately upon returning, he wrote a six part series for The New Republic, the political ‘font of all knowledge’ of the American left. “My mind was in a whirl of new impressions in those early days in Leningrad. Readjustment was difficult, and I lived somewhat dazed….” Impressions of Soviet Russia, by John Dewey.

3. The next bombshell was Dr. Benjamin Spock’s “Common Sense Book of Baby and Child Care,” which also place the blame for all societal problems on the rigidity of old-school parenting. Spock, another communist, warned parents not to impose their views on their children.

Here’s a pretty good analysis of the effects: "I have been a child psychologist for over 40 years and have witnessed an epidemic of troubled, self-centered and out of control children. [Pretty good description of the 'woke' generation].

It is the legacy of Sigmund Freud and his disciples from Dr. Benjamin Spock to Dr. T. Berry Brazelton. According to Spock, whose child-rearing book, “Dr. Spock’s Baby and Child Care” has become one of the all-time best sellers worldwide, “kids don’t have to be disciplined into adulthood but can direct themselves toward adulthood by following their own will.”

Signs are everywhere of children being led into misery by their own will, in the eyes of desperate parents seeking help, in the $14.5 billion dollar sales of medications to treat behavioral disorders, and in the disturbing behavior of children themselves. Today, we have such atrocities as school shootings, unthinkable before the first publication of Spock’s book in 1946.” Azerrad: Children of Spock and Brazelton

Next.
That is a great post...the 60's is where/when the democratic party was hijacked and todays party is the evolution of that revolution and white liberals are the cause of all of it.

Thank you for those kind words.

And you are spot on!

If you haven't read it, Bork has several chapters on exactly that.

51ZQq-E2rtL._AC_UL436_.jpg

The most succinct definition of woke appears to be simply observing another person’s skin color, and deciding that you know all there is to know about them…and how to react to them.
So all you conservative types are "woke" then?

Who knew!!
You're a perfect Democrat.
Always stating the opposite of the truth.

Woke???

Next.

Thank you for those kind words.

And you are spot on!

If you haven't read it, Bork has several chapters on exactly that.

51ZQq-E2rtL._AC_UL436_.jpg
What a nut job. Went to my high school. Idiot LOL

Woke???

Next.
actually Republicans are taking over the country basically since Nixon especially Reagan. 28% is not enough tax rate for the rich. It's the same as everyone else and the country and the middle class are falling apart.

Woke???

Next.
actually Republicans are taking over the country basically since Nixon especially Reagan. 28% is not enough tax rate for the rich. It's the same as everyone else and the country and the middle class are falling apart.

"28% is not enough tax rate for the rich."

Tax Rate?

Here comes your education on the subject.

1. Federal taxes should be enough to cover the enumerated powers listed in Article 1, section 8 of the Constitution.

Any collected not used for said purposes should be returned in a tax cuts.

2. As far as the Left is concerned, taxes are punishments for the successful, those who made their own success, without recourse to government.
  1. The Left has been far more interested in fighting material inequality than tyranny, which is why Lenin, Mao, Pol Pot, Ho Chi Minh, Castro, etc., tend to have the support of Leftists around the world.
  2. The Left is less interested in creating wealth than in distributing it.

3. Who is to decide what is fair, and what is too much? Some religions suggest tithing, and government demands taxes.
  1. Joseph gathered very much grain: It seems it was customary for Pharaoh to take 10% of the grain in Egypt as a tax. Essentially, Joseph doubled the taxes over the next seven years (Genesis 41:34 mentions one-fifth, that is, 20%).
  2. That 20% figure appears again in the relationship of colonists to North America, and the English crown "....colonists were free to retain all the profits and fruits of their labor save for the crown's 20 percent share of any gold and silver discovered." "Freedom Just Around the Corner: A New American History: 1585-1828," by Walter A. McDougall, p.33

4. Succinctly put, socialism in the form of taxation, is theft.

5. There is no perennial group in America known as "the rich." The mobility of our system has a great amount of economic mobility.

"One way to quantify income mobility is to examine how many people remain in the same tax bracket over time. We compared the returns of tax filers in the lowest tax rate bracket (zero) in 1987 with their returns in 1996. Only one third of the tax filers were still in the zero tax bracket, but 25% were now in the 10% bracket, 32% had moved up to the 15% bracket and 9% were in the 25%, 28%, 33% or 35% brackets. And that was following them for a decade, not a generation.

. For example, the new Census data find that only 3% of Americans are "chronically" poor, which the Census Bureau defines as being in poverty for three years or more. Many of the people in the bottom quintile of income earners in any one year are new entrants to the labor force or those who are leaving the labor force.

The data also show downward mobility among the highest income earners. The top 1% in 1996 saw an average decline in their real, after-tax incomes by 52% in the next 10 years.

America is still an opportunity society where talent and hard work can (almost always) overcome one's position at birth or at any point in time. Perhaps the best piece of news in this regard is the reduction in gaps between earnings of men and women, and between blacks and whites over the last 25 years."
http://online.wsj.com/public/article_print/SB122143692536934297.html

While it remains astounding how little you know, and what a dupe you are of the Left's propaganda, I love your posts as they serve as a vehicle to inform those who read them, and might actually believe them.

You set 'em up, I knock 'em down.

Last edited:

Woke???

Next.
Spock was a complete piece of shit....he was extremely stupid, dangerous and hypocritical and his children hated him....fuck that guy.......

LIFE WITH THE WOKE MOB:

What got our attention in that NYT piece was a reader (Rudy Breteler)’s comment:

Imagine in this happened in the medical school. Harvey Weinstein was diagnosed with cancer, and an oncologist who also happened to be a dean agreed to provide treatment. Would you say that the oncologist was unqualified to be a dean because he was involved in providing medical care to Harvey Weinstein?

Actually, Rudy, I’m afraid that in the present climate, a Harvard oncologist would face a similar backlash for treating Weinstein. This is not apartheid Israel, where terror victims could be made to wait while an injured terrorist is receiving treatment. The commies and Nazis were equally pragmatic in denying their enemies medical treatment, and I have little doubt regarding where the Harvard administration falls on this issue.​

The woke mob, like all mobs, is vicious and stupid. And people join in such mobs so that they can let their own viciousness and stupidity flow freely without responsibility or guilt. So yes, if not this week, then probably next week.

"A sea change has taken place in American political life. The force driving this change is the digital era style of moral politics known as “wokeness,”...

... the baseline attitudes expressed by white liberals on racial and social justice questions have become radically more liberal. In one especially telling example of the broader trend, white liberals recently became the only demographic group in America to display a pro-outgroup bias—meaning that among all the different groups surveyed white liberals were the only one that expressed a preference for other racial and ethnic communities above their own.

...white liberals have moved so far to the left on questions of race and racism that they are now, on these issues, to the left of even the typical black voter. This change amounts to a ‘Great Awokening.’”

...the rapid growth in white liberals who favor affirmative action for blacks in the labor force; in the increase in white liberals who feel that we spend too little on helping blacks, and that the government should afford them special treatment; in the increase in white Democrats who think it’s the government’s job to ensure “equal income across all races”; and in the increase in white liberals and Democrats who think that white people have ‘too much’ political influence."
America’s White Saviors

Cowardly white Liberals have been beaten into submission to view themselves as evil. It is a variation of the Stockholm Syndrome.

Or, as Coulter puts it....

‘The gravest danger facing most black Americans today is the risk of being patronized to death.’

"New School Program Raises Awareness Of Things Kids Didn't Know They Were Supposed To Be Offended About
June 12th, 2019
article-4353-2.jpg

U.S.—The Federal Government is rolling out a new school program that will help to raise awareness in kids about what they need to be so upset about. The new program, "W.O.K.E." (Woke and Offended Kids Education) will help to bridge the gap widening between millennial parents' desire to be offended by just about everything and the current generation wondering what got their parents' underpants in such a bunch.

W.O.K.E. representatives will visit schools weekly to teach kids about the constantly growing number of things they should be outraged by and to discourage them from any sign of gratitude or joy. Flashcards will be held up with images of things like white males, the Chick-Fil-A logo, and Chris Pratt. Kids will then be encouraged to burn the entire school to the ground the moment they see an image that should rightfully awaken their tempestuous fury.

"Kids are starting to think things aren't that bad in America," said W.O.K.E. spokesperson Troy Henson. "That's the kind of backward thinking we want to put an immediate stop to."

At one of the first W.O.K.E. presentations, six-year-old Kevin Johnson asked the W.O.K.E. representative, "It seems like things are going pretty good and everything is headed in a fairly healthy direction when you just sort of sit back and look at how normal people act rather than sitting around on Twitter all day. Do you think maybe you're being kind of a baby about all of this?" Johnson was immediately sent off to one of WOKE's unique new reeducation camps where kids sing songs, do crafts, and are riled up like a pack of rabid wolves.

W.O.K.E. plans to roll out other hip and cool features such as an animal mascot (an easily spooked possum named Trig) and a catchy theme song that will whip unhealthily complacent children up into a blind rage.

"We all have to do our part to combat the growing lack of victimhood and petty outrage in today's youth and instill them all with a strong, iron-will of entitlement and unshakable resentment," said WOKE representative Anne Kennison. "It's not easy to navigate the complicated matrix of perceived injustices we all must embrace. That's why I'm so proud of what we are doing."

"With our efforts, addiction to being pretty happy and content will be a thing of the past."
New School Program Raises Awareness Of Things Kids Didn't Know They Were Supposed To Be Offended About

The sound "woke" is not going to wash in the collective voting Unconscious. Biden is toast.

Forum List

Back