Gingrich: Palestinians an ‘invented’ people

People get killed during wars. That's all you've proven.

"Around 107 villagers were killed during and after the battle for the village, including women and children—some were shot, while others died when hand grenades were thrown into their homes.[3] Several villagers were taken prisoner and may have been killed after being paraded through the streets of West Jerusalem, though accounts vary.[4]

"...The killings were condemned by the leadership of the Haganah—the Jewish community's main paramilitary force—and by the area's two chief rabbis. The Jewish Agency for Israel sent Jordan's King Abdullah a letter of apology, which he rebuffed.[2]"

Zionism started that war.

Deir Yassin massacre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
War crimes have also been proven.

"The 1948 Palestinian exodus (Arabic: الهجرة الفلسطينية*, al-Hijra al-Filasṭīnīya), also known as the Nakba (Arabic: النكبة*, an-Nakbah, lit. 'disaster', 'catastrophe', or 'cataclysm'),[1] occurred when approximately 711,000 to 725,000 Palestinian Arabs left, fled or were expelled from their homes, during the 1948 Arab-Israeli War and the Civil War that preceded it.[2] The exact number of refugees is a matter of dispute..."

"The resolution accepted the definition of Palestinian refugees as 'persons of Arab origin who, after 29 November 1947, left territory at present under the control of the Israel authorities and who were Palestinian citizens at that date' and; 'Persons of Arab origin who left the said territory after 6 August 1924 and before 29 November 1947 and who at that latter date were Palestinian citizens;

Did you notice the UN's reference to Palestinian citizens?

1948 Palestinian exodus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Were these people residents of Mandate Palestine?

"The 1948 Palestinian exodus (Arabic: الهجرة الفلسطينية*, al-Hijra al-Filasṭīnīya), also known as the Nakba (Arabic: النكبة*, an-Nakbah, lit. 'disaster', 'catastrophe', or 'cataclysm'),[1] occurred when approximately 711,000 to 725,000 Palestinian Arabs left, fled or were expelled from their homes, during the 1948 Arab-Israeli War and the Civil War that preceded it.[2] The exact number of refugees is a matter of dispute.[3] The causes remain the subject of fundamental disagreement between Arabs and Israelis."

In 1948 a Jewish state was imposed by force or arms on a population that was two-thirds non-Jewish. Newt and virtually every other elected Republican and Democrat serve those who make money from that original war crime.

Yes, Palestinian Arabs, not Arab Palestinnians. Big difference.
Here's a bigger difference: Palestinian citizens.

"On 11th December 1948, 12 months prior to UNRWA's establishment, United Nations General Assembly Resolution 194 was adopted.

"The resolution accepted the definition of Palestinian refugees as 'persons of Arab origin who, after 29 November 1947, left territory at present under the control of the Israel authorities and who were Palestinian citizens at that date' and; 'Persons of Arab origin who left the said territory after 6 August 1924 and before 29 November 1947 and who at that latter date were Palestinian citizens...'"

That's true.

There aren't any "palestinians". They are Jordanians, Syrians and Egyptians for the most part. Yasser Arafat was Egyptian.

So the people that used to and still do live in palestine are.....??

You define Syrians as such because they live in syria, and jordanans as such because live in jordan, so what about the people that used to live in palestine?

They should just forget about that and go becomes syrians and jordanians, is what your saying??

the-borders-of-british-mandate-palestine-before-and-after-the-creation-of-transjordan.jpg

Palestine predates WWII. It was a colonial mandate just like Jordan and Syria.

Last edited:
What are the dates of this Palestinian nation you think predates the Romans?

The region has been documented as being called Palestine, and the people Palestinians, centuries before Roman occupation of the area.

No, genius, but it would explain why Biblical references are irrelevant to the discussion, which was my point.

There are biblical references that go back centuries before the Roman occupation of the region. :eusa_whistle:

This is just another example of someone in power using imaginary lines to pit people against eachother, and profit from the disorder.

"Racism develops in order to reinforce and expand excess rights - over ownership of the land (which was, and is still being, stolen from the Palestinians ), higher water consumption, high-quality construction, allowances from the state revenue, social services, chances of finding work and studies, and salary gaps. That is why a bill of this kind stands a good chance. The Jews will profit from it."

You're a couple of decades behind if you think Israel is democratic or secular unless your comparison is to Burma or Bahrain.

In Israel, 'fascist' is not a rude word - Haaretz Daily Newspaper | Israel News

CON2593-32.jpg

Perhaps more than any other issue.........it is this one that connects the far left with the phrase DISNEY. The level of disconnect is fascinating.........it really is. This is not a cognitive fcukk-up.......its a thought processing fcukk up = definately a mental disorder. As applied to this issue, when a whole people has a mindset that another group of people have no right to EXIST and it doesnt register AT ALL with a third party.........THATS a mental disorder. Its that simple. The fringe left has zero ability to comprehend the concept of necessary tradeoffs = a brain fcukk up.
Are you talking about the mindset/mental disorder of 19th century Zionists who sought to purge Palestine of all its citizens who were not of the Jewish faith? Do you know or care about the over 500 Palestinian villages that were razed and replaced with Jewish settlements between 1848 and 1967?

Maybe you're talking about the cognitive fcukk-up the Jews committed in 1982 when they stole truckloads of crucial Palestinian archives and documents from the PLO Research Centre in Beirut?

That's an example of one group of people making a decision that another group of people has no right to exist.

Vanishing the Palestinians » Counterpunch: Tells the Facts, Names the Names

For nearly two thousand years since the Romans,

For more than 1000 years BEFORE the Romans. There are Egyptian sources that document this which date to more than 1000 years before the Romans. Biblical sources from more than 800 years do the same. And Herodotus documented the region and people of Palestine some 400 years before the Romans.

and no they were not a distinct people.

Yes, they were. You know nothing of the matter. You're just spouting out stuff that backs up your ideology.

If they were a distinct people wioth a distinct culture and language then what is that language?

The original language of the Philistines was lost thousands of years ago. The original Biblical sources contain non-Hebrew words to refer to the Philistines' own name for themselves, which are believed to belong to the Indo-European family, lending support to the theory that they spoke an Indo-European language.

How is that culture different from any other Arab culture in the area?

I see. You think that all Arabs are the same. May as well say that all Europeans are the same. They're all one people with the same culture, right? Why have all those separate countries for them. They must all be "invented" peoples.

I understand that you're ignorant on all of this so let me give you some information. Arabs are a pan-ethnic people. Which means that they are distinct, related ethnicities. Kinda like how Caucasian contains distinct and related ethnicities. Arabs themselves are merely a subdivision of Semitic people. The other branch of Semites is the Jewish people, who are also pan-ethnic. I am a Sephardi Jew. Albert Einstein was an Ashkenazi Jew. There are also Mizrahi Jews, which is itself another catch-all phrase for several distinct ethnic groups of Jews from the Mid East and Africa.

There is NO DIFFERENCE other than accidents of geography, prior to the establishment of Isreal.

No, that's not true. You're just ignorant of the history and facts. You're unaware of any difference because you're not educated on the subject.

That is not what recognition is about, dude. It is simply a diplomatic designation as to whether the government in question is legitimate.

Okay. So you acknowledge that the state of Palestine exists regardless of the US recognizing the state.

America was settled by foreigners.
Australia was settled by foreigners
Palestine is settled by foreigners. The existing population objects to rocket attacks and murder.

You act as if Israel were innocent. Truth is that Israel commits atrocities too, which fuel the fire and invoke retribution.

France, England, Italy, Russia, China, and many others weren't settled by anyone. They are still home to indigenous populations.

It's hilarious that you actually believe that. :lol:

There's no real cultural difference between the Arabs depending on what side of the Jordan River the live on.

That's completely untrue and reflects an ignorance of the structure and workings of the Ottoman Empire. Unlike several other empires, the Ottoman Empire was largely decentralized in structure, government, and culture. Rule was maintained at the local levels and different regions were largely autonomous in many regards. There was very little that united the empire on a cultural level, beyond the commonalities between the neighboring regional cultures. Your argument would be the equivalent of saying that there is no real difference between Europeans. The various European cultures are separate cultures. They have commonalities that arise from cross fertilization and common influences. This is normal. But to suggest that all of the Arab world maintains a singular culture is ludicrous. Such cultural conformity simply isn't possible. Even in the US we have a plethora of local cultures with differences that are just as diverse as the differences between distinct countries at times.

Traditionally, "anti-Semite" is the word Americans use to refer to people who have an irrational hatred of Jews. Whether it is scientifically correct is an issue only for anti-Semites who don't want to be accurately identified as anti-Semites.

The term "anti-Semite" as it is used, is racist.

War crimes have also been proven.

Wrong, a gang of proven cut-throat murderers have accused Israel of war crimes. Nothing has been "proven." Anyone who accepts the claims of the PLO is more than likely a committed anti-Semite.

Traditionally, "anti-Semite" is the word Americans use to refer to people who have an irrational hatred of Jews. Whether it is scientifically correct is an issue only for anti-Semites who don't want to be accurately identified as anti-Semites.

BWAHAHAHAHA! That's rich. An anti-Semite accusing someone else of being a racist?

America was settled by foreigners.
Australia was settled by foreigners
Palestine is settled by foreigners. The existing population objects to rocket attacks and murder.

You act as if Israel were innocent. Truth is that Israel commits atrocities too, which fuel the fire and invoke retribution.

The PLO accuses Israel of committing atrocities. While it's possible some may have occurred, they have nothing to do with official Israeli policy. On the other hand, killing innocent civilians is the deliberate policy of Hamas and the PLO.

BWAHAHAHAHA! That's rich. An anti-Semite accusing someone else of being a racist?

I'm sorry, you're not making sense here. It sounds like you called me an anti-Semite. That wouldn't make sense. I'm a Jew. Nor would it make sense that I called anyone racist. I said a certain term is racist. I never said anything about any person.

The PLO accuses Israel of committing atrocities. While it's possible some may have occurred, they have nothing to do with official Israeli policy. On the other hand, killing innocent civilians is the deliberate policy of Hamas and the PLO.

Israel was founded on terrorism, you do realize that, right?

Israel was founded on terrorism, you do realize that, right?

That's a meaningless statement. Arabs made war on Israel the day it became a nation.

I'm sorry, you're not making sense here. It sounds like you called me an anti-Semite. That wouldn't make sense. I'm a Jew. Nor would it make sense that I called anyone racist. I said a certain term is racist. I never said anything about any person.

It's hard to believe a Jew would attack Israel and defend a tribe of bloodthirsty murdering thugs like Hamas and the PLO. Next you'll be making excuses for the Holocaust.

A major blunder for someone trying to be President of the US. Minimizing Palestine is not the way to further the mideast peace process

Even Israel was embarrassed for him

It's hard to believe a Jew would attack Israel

I don't settle on positions based on my personal biases. There's no reason why I, as a Jew, have to assume that Israel is all-innocent or faultless. I appraise Israel no differently than I would appraise any other country. Something you need to learn is that not simply giving the Jewish community whatever it wants just because it wants is NOT anti-Semitism.

and defend a tribe of bloodthirsty murdering thugs like Hamas and the PLO.

Where have I done that? As usual, you're assuming things. You see things in an all-or-nothing way and the moment someone says one thing that disagrees with your ideology, you make blanket assumptions about everything else.

Next you'll be making excuses for the Holocaust.

Godwin's law dictates that you are an idiot.

Forum List

Back