Ginscpy's everlasting gobstopper Beatles thread - 69 threads combined!

thats what made them so great (apart from freaking talnt an d chemistry)

The wives and groupies were a distraction

why John ditched Cynthia for Yoko I will neverknow

...and why did they get some no-name called Billy Shields to sing for them?
I heard that the group were in the middle of a period of silence prescribed by the maharishi

who cares? it was like 40 years ago.

They did some amazing stuff - way ahead of their time. Paul and Ringo are still performing. Paul is a bit of a stuck-up asshole it seems - but very talented.

This one's for you my friend -

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WBelmO65J4]YouTube - ‪The Beatles Hey Bulldog (2009 Stereo Remaster)‬‏[/ame]

who cares ?

cause they were so freaking great

yes. their music is still great.

but i'm talking about their personal lives.

who cares why john took up with yoko?

at this point, it should be clear it's because he was happy with her.

and it seems like you live 40 years in the past. i find that curious.

Last edited:
Paul and John and George had a great ear for melody and were blessed with amazing compositional skills.

Thread like this bother me because it's obvious that poster does not own "Shut Up N Play Yer Guitar"

Beatltes music is timeless . Best Ever (and I knew it when they came onto the scene in 1964 - something about them...)

I haven't heard Bulldog in years.

Great tune, thanks for the blast from the past.

One good turn deserving so...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7R780p_NSq8&feature=related]YouTube - ‪The Beatles - Your Mother Should Know [HQ] with Outtake Footage‬‏[/ame]

Why John preferered Yoko over a looker like Cynthia his wife I dont know why .

The Beatles preferrered each other over their wives.

John was the only married Beatle. (CYNTHIA _ HOT)

Then then Paul had Jane Asher and George Patti Boyd and Ringo Maureen

They didnt know they would be the biggest bandof all time (that ignored Woodstock) thats just howit worked out

6 years 1964 -70

I was like 11 when I first heard of them ( in a barber shop when somebody mentioned a beetle haircut) shortly after the JFK assn

Saw some mags - figured they were a passing fad

Then the Ed Sullivan Show.........................................................................

Cynthia was a fox IMO.

Beatles would have broken up anyways - oldest member Ringo was only 30.

Get out your weapon of choice- are you ready??
I loathe The Beatles.
I didn't like their music way back when, and I sure don't like it now...in fact, I probably have never listened to an entire Beatles song without walking out of the room while it was playing.
I saw nothing great about them and I would never waste my money on any of their music..old or new or re-mix or whatever~
Nope, not a Beatles fan.......*blech*

I loathe The Beatles.
I didn't like their music way back when, and I sure don't like it now...in fact, I probably have never listened to an entire Beatles song without walking out of the room while it was playing.
I saw nothing great about them and I would never waste my money on any of their music..old or new or re-mix or whatever~

There are always contrarians - like on Beatles You Tube videos - like about a 1000 to 1 ratio of "Likes" over "Dislikes."

Watched Rolling Stones list of 100 greatest Beatles songs - lots of huge hits didnt even make the list

impossible task

I loathe The Beatles.

I feel the same way about the NY Yankees. I hate 'em, but I will grudgingly admit they are the best.

Beatles were the "boy band" of the 60's.
They were a COMPLETE sell out for the first several years as they produced one cookie cutter song after another.
They started to produce their own stuff finally, and obviously. Their music went off into a world of psychedelic experimentation such as Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds. It was nonsense.
Their last album (IMO) is the only album they produced that was good.

After Beatles - George Harrison made some pretty good stuff - McCartney..HOWEVER..went on to make more candy lane, commercially wrapped sh*t. OMG..."the wings" - horrible...nightmare.
Then joined up with Michael Jackson to produce a few more corporate inspired crap...I find it humorous that he got what he deserved when Jackson completely f*cked him by buying the rights to his music.

I was around then...always preferred the Stones, The Who, The Kinks, The Small Faces myself...The Beatles had some cool album covers.......Jimi Hendrix changed the game for everyone....

Forum List

Back