Ginscpy's everlasting gobstopper Beatles thread - 69 threads combined!

I might be stepping over a line but I would imagine the Hanson Brothers would have been pretty tight in their day...

If you want a Tight Band, Listen to Kansas, Awesome musicians.

Leagues beyond the Beatles indeed.
Eagles were also tight, especially vocals.
I was never a big Grateful Dead fan, although I do like several of their songs - but they were also better musicians/artists than the Beatles could possible dream of.

thats what made them so great (apart from freaking talnt an d chemistry)
As a musician, i can tell you it is easy to be "tight" in the studio, and the Beatles were mainly a studio group. I love their music and still listen to it today, but for tight groups that play live you can't beat Jazz.

I was there - almost -when the Fab 4 playedSeattle in 1966 shortly before theystopped touring.............

Why John preferered Yoko over a looker like Cynthia his wife I dont know why .

Yoko was a stronger person in character than Cynthia. He liked Yoko making tough decisions for him. True story

I was never a big Grateful Dead fan, although I do like several of their songs - but they were also better musicians/artists than the Beatles could possible dream of.

You must be joking.............

The Eagles??????????????

A one-shot-wonder

Hotel California - and even that wast that great.

Most oveerrated pop song ever behind Stairway To Heaven.

NEVER LISTENED OR CARED ABOUT THE DEAD.

The Eagles??????????????

A one-shot-wonder

The Eagles a "one-shot-wonder"? Really?

I would Youtube you with several other great songs by the Eagles, but....will leave you with this one:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1_pJL5GfG0]YouTube - ‪Eagles - Ol' 55‬‏[/ame]

The Eagles??????????????

A one-shot-wonder

Glenn Frey, Don Henley, Joe Walsh and Timothy B. Schmit were "one shot wonders?"
Gee - I didn't know that.

As a musician, i can tell you it is easy to be "tight" in the studio, and the Beatles were mainly a studio group. I love their music and still listen to it today, but for tight groups that play live you can't beat Jazz.

Mainly a studio group?

Sorry. I can't let outright bullshit like that stand.

Winter 1963 Scotland Tour
Winter 1963 UK Tour
Winter 1963 Helen Shapiro Tour Part 1
Winter 1963 Helen Shapiro Tour Part 2
Winter 1963 UK Tour
Spring 1963 Tommy Roe / Chris Montez Tour
Spring 1963 UK Tour
Spring 1963 Roy Orbison / The Beatles Tour
Summer 1963 UK Tour
Autumn 1963 Scotland Mini-Tour
Autumn 1963 UK Tour
Autumn 1963 Sweden Tour
Autumn 1963 UK Tour continued
The Beatles 1963 Christmas Shows
The Beatles 1963 Christmas Shows (Continued)
Winter 1964 London Show
Winter 1964 France Shows
Winter 1964 US Tour
Spring 1964 UK Tour
Spring / Summer 1964 World Tour
Summer 1964 UK & Sweden Tour
Summer 1964 (First) US & Canada Tour
1964 Autumn UK Tour
The Beatles 1964 Christmas Show
The Beatles 1964 Christmas Shows (Continued)
Spring 1965 Wembley Show
Summer 1965 Europe Tour
Summer 1965 UK Date
Summer 1965 US & Canada Tour
Autumn 1965 UK Tour
Spring 1966 Wembley Show
Summer 1966 Germany Mini-Tour
Summer 1966 Asia Mini-Tour
Summer 1966 US & Canada Tour

Oh - excuse me ............

typo between Mag and nailed

you couldnt figure that out?

Fab 4 forever........................

Beatles were the "boy band" of the 60's.
They were a COMPLETE sell out for the first several years as they produced one cookie cutter song after another.
They started to produce their own stuff finally, and obviously. Their music went off into a world of psychedelic experimentation such as Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds. It was nonsense.
Their last album (IMO) is the only album they produced that was good.

After Beatles - George Harrison made some pretty good stuff
- McCartney..HOWEVER..went on to make more candy lane, commercially wrapped sh*t. OMG..."the wings" - horrible...nightmare.
Then joined up with Michael Jackson to produce a few more corporate inspired crap...I find it humorous that he got what he deserved when Jackson completely f*cked him by buying the rights to his music.

I've always thought George has the best solo work of The Beatles. It's not cookie cutter, and you can see the risks he took, just to do things his way. I think it has the most artist integrity of the other Beatles work as well. All Things Must Pass is an amazing album, and blows away anything else any of the other Beatles have done solo (and almost everything they did as The Beatles as well).

you got that right Ed....playing live and being good is where its at....

The Eagles??????????????

A one-shot-wonder

the Eagles a one shot wonder?......yea you know music....:lol:

The Eagles??????????????

A one-shot-wonder

Yeah those one shot (I think you mean hit?) wonders, who have the highest selling album of all time (and it's a greatest hits one at that).

edit: and while I think The Beatles are the best overall group of all time-by no means are they even close to being the tightest band ever. Starr was an average drummer, and Lennon wasn't that great of a guitarist-I would even say he was kind of sloppy, especially with his time in The Beatles. Paul's style on bass wasn't that tight (although he def. has tons of great bass lines).

Last edited:

The Eagles??????????????

A one-shot-wonder

Yeah those one shot (I think you mean hit?) wonders, who have the highest selling album of all time (and it's a greatest hits one at that).

edit: and while I think The Beatles are the best overall group of all time-by no means are they even close to being the tightest band ever. Starr was an average drummer, and Lennon wasn't that great of a guitarist-I would even say he was kind of sloppy, especially with his time in The Beatles. Paul's style on bass wasn't that tight (although he def. has tons of great bass lines).

who are you directing this at?.....

who are you directing this at?.....

Some valid points. None of The Beatles could even read music.

Songwriting and Lennon's peerless vocals were their 2 greatest strengths.

Forum List

Back