🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Giving Water to the Thirsty Now Officially a Crime:

So how come you aren't dismantling the Statue of Liberty - or at least the poem on its base? Why invite people with one hand and slap them with the other?

You’re being illogical.
Aiding and abetting criminals IS a crime. Give the water and call border agents is not a crime. The poem on the statue of liberty is not law. Plus it is outdated and should be torn down. We are no longer into nation buiding but nation survival. Even then they came through Ellis Island legally and was vetted and many were returned to their country of origin. We no longer have the natural resources to handle unlimited immigration, It would be an environmental disaster. Take a lesson from China and India.
--------------------------------- that 'lefty' poem was written bu 'lefty emma lazurus' and was part of a contest to raise money for that silly 'statue' that has been used to Brainwash millions of school kids . That 'statue' should be dismantled and melted down in copper bullets or fishing weights .

Lady liberty will still be there long after you are gone and forgotten. About two seconds after you expire.
Maybe. But she is no longer a beacon for immigrants. She has served her purpose and no longer viable. She is in exile. When the Statue of Liberty was completed in 1886, it was a symbol of friendship with France, and a celebration of democracy and the end of American slavery. It wasn’t, however, the symbol of welcome to the world’s tired and “huddled masses” that it is today. When have poetic poems been law.? And those who make idols are just like them, as are all who trust in them. Psa 135;18.

America was founded as a Republic

So how come you aren't dismantling the Statue of Liberty - or at least the poem on its base? Why invite people with one hand and slap them with the other?

You’re being illogical.

How would you know? ....

Because I have studied logic very extensively.

I can't tell it from reading your posts. ...u.

Yes, your limitations are obvious.

Your limitations are very obvious. you are lacking in the IQ department. You still didn't answer my question. So, I know the answer. Thanks.

I volunteer with this group, and I will continue to support them. Being a suspect of committing a misdemeanor is not a capital offence, and crossing the border without papers is a misdemeanor. Failing to provide aid to those in need is specifically and directly opposed to the teachings of Christianity, and most other religions. It is also unethical, and cruel. Calling them "invaders" is merely semantics that the Right uses to justify their unconscionable behavior.

And to educate you further, improper entry is a civil misdemeanor. While lots of attorneys, judges, cops, etc. debate the subject, in Anglo Saxon law if you research the meaning of a crime, improper entry does not meet the standard.

"Crime" in its real sense must have an aggrieved party. If someone crosses the border and does legitimate business (like working a job to feed their family) the standard is not met. If you study the statute carefully, the law prohibiting improper entry has to rely on Title 18 (which is the Criminal Code) in order to impose penalties for immigration related crimes. Improper entry is not listed as a crime in Title 18 of the Criminal Code.
Actually it’s a Federal crime.

I know, I convicted one in Federal court.

Liar. Improper entry cases are tried in the Executive branch of the government by the Attorney General's office. Sometimes people do get convicted for stuff that is not a crime, but that's when they have no attorney.

I was once accused of a crime that never existed on the books. It was a damn good thing my people knew the law better than the prosecutor.
Federal crime to enter the US illegally.

Go back to your crack pipe.
Over the last two decades, the federal government increasingly has utilized the criminal courts to punish people for immigration violations. Particularly on the Southwest border, federal officials are vigorously prosecuting migrants either for entering the United States without permission or for reentering the country without permission after a prior deportation or removal order (commonly referred to, respectively, as “illegal entry” and “illegal re-entry;” or collectively as “entry-related offenses”). Tens of thousands of migrants are subjected to criminal prosecution for these crimes every year.
Prosecuting Migrants for Coming to the United States

Re-entry is NOT improper entry no more than a DUI is a felony while multiple DUIs ARE a felony.

There are MANY immigration related crimes like eluding the cops, lying, presenting phony papers. IF that happens, the removal proceedings are merged in the process to streamline it.

It does not change the FACT, improper entry is still civil and you haven't answered my questions regarding the legislation proving it.

It might be amusing in a masturbatory way to day dream up all the reasons why these women will never be convicted. The law is wrong. The law is unconstitutional. Even a first year lawyer could win this case. Except for one small thing. The women were convicted as they should be and will be punished as they should be.

It is unfortunate that there are misguided souls that think they are doing good by leaving food and water for criminal invaders. There are patrols looking for just those aid stations. They dump out both food and water so the help ends up not being help at all.

By the way, entering an area marked do not enter by city ordinance is not breaking any law. It is an infraction not a crime. The city ordinance is not part of the Penal Code. What these women did were real crimes and I hope they go to prison for a long time.

See, your debating hopefuls want us to equate ANY infraction of the law as a crime. When the argument suits you, it is not a crime.

Entering the United States is not a crime for pretty much the same reasons you try to counter with. Title 8 where improper entry is located in the USC is NOT a criminal code. That is why it references Title 18 for the immigration RELATED activities that may follow an improper entry (like running from the authorities, lying to them, etc.) Title 18 IS the Criminal Code and there is no such "crime" as illegal entry.

IF those women are smart, they will get a lawyer, appeal the case and win. Personally, I would not have lost at the trial court level. And you made their case for me.
I would have given these women the death penalty. But no. The conviction will stand.
It really is cruel to leave these supplies because they give the invaders hope that they will find help when what they will really find are water bottles sliced open and cans opened and scooped out to the dirt.

One day the radical left will knock the right off their pedestal. It's a damn shame that the left holds the high ground on this one.

Know this: if those ladies knew who I know, the case would be appealed and they would win. I'm just not into their cause. I'd rather save the average American and give them a chance.

"But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he has denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel." I Timothy 5: 8
“Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God. Therefore whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment. For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad. Would you have no fear of the one who is in authority? Then do what is good, and you will receive his approval, for he is God's servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God's wrath on the wrongdoer. Therefore one must be in subjection, not only to avoid God's wrath but also for the sake of conscience.”
Romans 13:1-5

“Remind them to be submissive to rulers and authorities, to be obedient, to be ready for every good work,”
Titus 3:1

“For it is not the hearers of the law who are righteous before God, but the doers of the law who will be justified.”
Romans 2:13

“Be subject for the Lord's sake to every human institution, whether it be to the emperor as supreme, or to governors as sent by him to punish those who do evil and to praise those who do good. For this is the will of God, that by doing good you should put to silence the ignorance of foolish people. Live as people who are free, not using your freedom as a cover-up for evil, but living as servants of God. Honor everyone. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honor the emperor.”
1 Peter 13:13-17

“Do we then overthrow the law by this faith? By no means! On the contrary, we uphold the law.”
Romans 3:31

Etc etc etc

Previous post didn't take. Read the book The Light and the Glory by Peter Marshall and David Manuel It begins with Galatians 5: 1 and shows why if the founders accepted your interpretation, we would not be a nation today.

I volunteer with this group, and I will continue to support them. Being a suspect of committing a misdemeanor is not a capital offence, and crossing the border without papers is a misdemeanor. Failing to provide aid to those in need is specifically and directly opposed to the teachings of Christianity, and most other religions. It is also unethical, and cruel. Calling them "invaders" is merely semantics that the Right uses to justify their unconscionable behavior.

And to educate you further, improper entry is a civil misdemeanor. While lots of attorneys, judges, cops, etc. debate the subject, in Anglo Saxon law if you research the meaning of a crime, improper entry does not meet the standard.

"Crime" in its real sense must have an aggrieved party. If someone crosses the border and does legitimate business (like working a job to feed their family) the standard is not met. If you study the statute carefully, the law prohibiting improper entry has to rely on Title 18 (which is the Criminal Code) in order to impose penalties for immigration related crimes. Improper entry is not listed as a crime in Title 18 of the Criminal Code.

Judge Dread Weatherman?

judge-dredd-320x240.jpg

I guess the good samaritan laws are out to lunch in your state? That is, if you actually LIVE in and of the United States of America....
~S~
If they enter the country legally at ports of entry we give them all the water they want plus food, I would give them water but I also would call border agents, asap. forcing oneself on an existing nation is both unjust and unjustifiable. In other words, illegal immigration is morally wrong. Lawbreaking aliens bear moral responsibility for their unlawful actions. Almost no illegal aliens to the United States are fleeing starvation or physical danger. A Pew study found that most illegal aliens quit a job in their home country in order to break U.S. immigration laws merely to make more money here. Thus, illegal immigration is at its core principally a matter of greed and envy on aliens’ part.

No supporting evidence. B.S.

It might be amusing in a masturbatory way to day dream up all the reasons why these women will never be convicted. The law is wrong. The law is unconstitutional. Even a first year lawyer could win this case. Except for one small thing. The women were convicted as they should be and will be punished as they should be.

It is unfortunate that there are misguided souls that think they are doing good by leaving food and water for criminal invaders. There are patrols looking for just those aid stations. They dump out both food and water so the help ends up not being help at all.

By the way, entering an area marked do not enter by city ordinance is not breaking any law. It is an infraction not a crime. The city ordinance is not part of the Penal Code. What these women did were real crimes and I hope they go to prison for a long time.

See, your debating hopefuls want us to equate ANY infraction of the law as a crime. When the argument suits you, it is not a crime.

Entering the United States is not a crime for pretty much the same reasons you try to counter with. Title 8 where improper entry is located in the USC is NOT a criminal code. That is why it references Title 18 for the immigration RELATED activities that may follow an improper entry (like running from the authorities, lying to them, etc.) Title 18 IS the Criminal Code and there is no such "crime" as illegal entry.

IF those women are smart, they will get a lawyer, appeal the case and win. Personally, I would not have lost at the trial court level. And you made their case for me.
I would have given these women the death penalty. But no. The conviction will stand.
It really is cruel to leave these supplies because they give the invaders hope that they will find help when what they will really find are water bottles sliced open and cans opened and scooped out to the dirt.

One day the radical left will knock the right off their pedestal. It's a damn shame that the left holds the high ground on this one.

Know this: if those ladies knew who I know, the case would be appealed and they would win. I'm just not into their cause. I'd rather save the average American and give them a chance.

"But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he has denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel." I Timothy 5: 8
They will not appeal and they were not found guilty of aiding the invasion. They were found guilty of abandonment of property which they clearly did by leaving their trash in a wildlife refuge.

The issue has been misrepresented since the OP. Not on me, pal.

“Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God. Therefore whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment. For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad. Would you have no fear of the one who is in authority? Then do what is good, and you will receive his approval, for he is God's servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God's wrath on the wrongdoer. Therefore one must be in subjection, not only to avoid God's wrath but also for the sake of conscience.”

“Remind them to be submissive to rulers and authorities, to be obedient, to be ready for every good work,”

“For it is not the hearers of the law who are righteous before God, but the doers of the law who will be justified.”

“Be subject for the Lord's sake to every human institution, whether it be to the emperor as supreme, or to governors as sent by him to punish those who do evil and to praise those who do good. For this is the will of God, that by doing good you should put to silence the ignorance of foolish people. Live as people who are free, not using your freedom as a cover-up for evil, but living as servants of God. Honor everyone. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honor the emperor.”

“Do we then overthrow the law by this faith? By no means! On the contrary, we uphold the law.”

Etc etc etc

Previous post didn't take. Read the book The Light and the Glory by Peter Marshall and David Manuel It begins with Galatians 5: 1 and shows why if the founders accepted your interpretation, we would not be a nation today.
I never take religious advice, instruction or explanation from those I disrespect. What else ya got.

Anyone who believes that giving water to the thirsty should be a crime, should, pardon my French, Shut the fuck up, and never deliver any more "religious" bullshit among us. It disgusts me totally how many people will, in some circumstances, yap, yap, yap about their religion, and then say that is okay to let someone die of thirst. This is just plain filthy and these persons should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves.

Etc etc etc

I never take religious advice, instruction or explanation from those I disrespect. What else ya got.

When you don't respect others due to a difference of opinion, you don't respect yourself. I didn't give advice; I gave you a reference to a book that refutes a wall of text that is open to debate.

---------------------------- as i said , see the guys and girls like Porter that by aiding and abetting are destroying the USA .

How many Americans have you screwed over by buying goods made in foreign countries? And, while you're making moral judgments and idiotic accusations befitting only a moron, how many of your fellow Americans to you help find a job or get their lives together?

You're only focused on calling people names and making B.S. allegations you cannot back up with facts. Hating foreigners and expecting the government to save you from yourself won't help you in the end,

"You buy imports! That means you HAVE to want people to wander into the country at will!"

Still waiting for those two brain cells of yours to converge in the same part of your skull.

I have imported crap in my house??? What conversation are you in? Do you do drugs by any chance? I'm sorry. I forgot that you live in a mental health facility.

It's your president that has had undocumented foreigners on his payroll before, during and after he ran for office:

President Trump hired undocumented immigrants for $4 an hour for demolition project: court docs

Donald Trump companies ignoring E-Verify, hiring illegal immigrants

Trump is YOUR President as well.

He just occupies the office

YOUR President.

Anyone who believes that giving water to the thirsty should be a crime, should, pardon my French, Shut the fuck up, and never deliver any more "religious" bullshit among us. It disgusts me totally how many people will, in some circumstances, yap, yap, yap about their religion, and then say that is okay to let someone die of thirst. This is just plain filthy and these persons should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves.

Stop emoting, start thinking.

Stop emoting, start thinking.

Emoting is part of thinking. Or are you claiming that emotions and religious/spiritual/moral beliefs have no legitimate place in our thoughts. I have absolutely no idea what your definition of 'thinking" is. I do know that to deny someone a sip of water is a gross injustice to human kind.

Liar. Improper entry cases are tried in the Executive branch of the government by the Attorney General's office. Sometimes people do get convicted for stuff that is not a crime, but that's when they have no attorney.

I was once accused of a crime that never existed on the books. It was a damn good thing my people knew the law better than the prosecutor.
Federal crime to enter the US illegally.

Go back to your crack pipe.

No it is not. It is a civil violation. Do you need me to walk you through the statute?
Yes. Tell us what part of Federal law confuses you about
8 U.S. Code§ 1325.Improper entry by alien

What confuses YOU? It is Title 8; it deals with immigration and nationality (which is under the jurisdiction of the EXECUTIVE branch of government) and the word improper as previously discussed is used.

Here is a link to the actual statute:

8 U.S. Code § 1325 - Improper entry by alien

What don't YOU understand?

If you broke the law getting to work, does that make you an illegal driver? Forever? Do YOU belong in jail for having sped down the road before?

Furthermore, Congress tried to change that language from improper to illegal, but the bill failed:

Text of H.R. 4437 (109th): Border Protection, Antiterrorism, and Illegal Immigration Control Act of 2005 (Referred to Senate Committee version) - GovTrack.us

See Title II Section 203

Finally, people are not criminals by virtue of being in the United States without papers:

"...it is not a crime for a removable alien to remain in the United States..." Arizona v. United States, 567 U.S. 387 (2012)

https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/11pdf/11-182b5e1.pdf
Thanks to the link to the FEDERAL LAW, Dufus.

It’s not a crime.
Just more Leftard FAKE NEWS.

Is there somewhere to donate for the legal fund ? They should not be punished for humanitarian work.

I'd label it aiding and abetting an invasion force. Giving food, water, and other succor to an enemy force is treason.
Great, then charge companies who hire undocumented aliens with treason or the law is not being enforced equally.

It also qualifies as aiding and abetting a crime, and conspiracy after the fact. Seems like a whole bunch of legal reasons not to encourage people to break our laws. Who knew?

People like you should sue their brains for non-support.

Innocent until proven guilty

No one is bound to obey unconstitutional laws - or so said the UNITED STATES SUPREME COURT.
---------------------------- as i said , see the guys and girls like Porter that by aiding and abetting are destroying the USA .

How many Americans have you screwed over by buying goods made in foreign countries? And, while you're making moral judgments and idiotic accusations befitting only a moron, how many of your fellow Americans to you help find a job or get their lives together?

You're only focused on calling people names and making B.S. allegations you cannot back up with facts. Hating foreigners and expecting the government to save you from yourself won't help you in the end,

"You buy imports! That means you HAVE to want people to wander into the country at will!"

Still waiting for those two brain cells of yours to converge in the same part of your skull.

I have imported crap in my house??? What conversation are you in? Do you do drugs by any chance? I'm sorry. I forgot that you live in a mental health facility.

It's your president that has had undocumented foreigners on his payroll before, during and after he ran for office:

President Trump hired undocumented immigrants for $4 an hour for demolition project: court docs

Donald Trump companies ignoring E-Verify, hiring illegal immigrants
According to some imbeciles here, that means he committed treason.

Lock him up!

I'd label it aiding and abetting an invasion force. Giving food, water, and other succor to an enemy force is treason.
Great, then charge companies who hire undocumented aliens with treason or the law is not being enforced equally.

How's about the politicains that invite them on in then Faun?
Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump
H1-B holders in the United States can rest assured that changes are soon coming which will bring both simplicity and certainty to your stay, including a potential path to citizenship. We want to encourage talented and highly skilled people to pursue career options in the U.S.

4:40 AM - 11 Jan 2019

~S~

It’s not a crime.
Just more Leftard FAKE NEWS.

Apparently you are unaware that four members of a faith-based group called No More Deaths have been convicted of leaving water and food in the desert for wandering migrants. Moreover, I have seen videos of border patrol types dumping out water left for migrants, even though these provisions were left so that migrants don't die there in the desert. The people who took the time and effort to leave these provisions did so consistent with their moral values.

We live in a time in the U.S. that phony religio-babble is rampant, and it's total bullshit, but there are some people out there who actually are trying to put moral values into action.

Forum List

Back