Glen Fry dead at 67

Weird how the media keeps saying "Eagles Guitarist." Frey was one of the lead vocalists. Don Felder and Joe Walsh are the Eagles Guitarists. I mean Frey played guitar, but that wasn't his role in the band. He and Don Henley were the front men for the band.
he was rhythm guitar....in the early days

complications from Rheumatoid Arthritis, Acute Ulcerative Colitis and Pneumonia

I have both the first two but the colitis is not bad...yet. Gotta watch what you put in your gut, which is what I have been doing. And I don't take their poison for the RA, either. However, if I got pneumonia..it would probably do me in. RA affects organs as well as the immune system. In short..all three of those probs did him in. The pneumonia was the proverbial straw.

Sad news. Too many great rockers died young, now many are dying at older ages. Seems like a near daily occurrence.

This is my favorite Eagles song. It was written by Don Henley and Glenn Fry. Mr. Henley sings. It's also his favorite Eagles song. Mr. Fry was very proud of this song.

At least that's what they told me.

We're loosing a whole generation. David Bowie hit me the hardest. His songs reminded me of the 70's and 80's during my teenage years and twenties when I was a cokehead. Drag racing, car crashes, hot girls, great music, hey, I'm still like that! Just kidding... Mentally of course.

But it's a stark reminder of your own mortality.

We're loosing a whole generation. David Bowie hit me the hardest. His songs reminded me of the 70's and 80's during my teenage years and twenties when I was a cokehead. Drag racing, car crashes, hot girls, great music, hey, I'm still like that! Just kidding... Mentally of course.

Yeah too bad the hot girls are no more too.

My favorite Eagles song..girlie song..

For a very long time in my life that song made me cry.

I remember the first time I worked with Timothy B Schmidt and he sang that song. I took the photos through tears.

It was the first time in my career that I took photos of a musician through my tears.

he was rhythm guitar....in the early days

Yes, but later on it was just as likely he would play piano. Felder didn't join until the third album, and Walsh not until the 5th. Felder moved the band into a more standard rock direction, where Frey and Leadon gravitated toward country.
well bernie was the lead until felder came along,he brought him to the band telling everyone he is a much better guitarist and to take his place because he wanted to leave....bernie was way to country to stay with them in the direction they were going....saw an interview with randy meisner,this is what he claimed....

The music today is so fucking disappointing. And I'm not talking like geezers. But it's all just black / rap crap music. Back then we had distinct genres, we had led Zeppelin, Rush, Boston, Eagles, Styx, Duran Duran, Soft cell, Flock of Seagulls, B-52's, Devo, Depche Mode, New Order, Steve Miller Band, etc. all very distinct yet great music.

The music today is so fucking disappointing. And I'm not talking like geezers. But it's all just black / rap crap music. Back then we had distinct genres, we had led Zeppelin, Rush, Boston, Eagles, Styx, Duran Duran, Soft cell, Flock of Seagulls, B-52's, Devo, Depche Mode, New Order, Steve Miller Band, etc. all very distinct yet great music.

Yeah it seemed like there were so many great bands and musicians.

Arthritis and colitis at 67 years old? People don't usually die from this stuff.

My brother-in-law died at 59 from complications of rheumotoid arthritus, once you start treating it, your immune system gets really fucked up. Probably what happened to Glenn.

Forum List

Back