Global Warmers Stopped by Arctic Ice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Almost all weather related deaths are due to cold. I'm saving millions of lives.

Even if that were true, and it's not, your logic still makes no sense. You don't understand the risk analysis.

If you're calculating lives saved, you have to look at the rate-of-change for each category, the derivative, not the base number itself.

That is, it's not C or H (deaths-cold or deaths-heat) that matters. It's dC/dT vs dH/dT. How many cold deaths would be prevented by a 1C increase, compared to how many more heat deaths would result from a 1C increase?

The latter number is much bigger, hence higher temperatures would kill more people.

I'm glad I can take part in saving millions of lives, thanks.

But you're pushing for warming, which will kill millions. Only some deranged religious nutters make the insane claim that warming will save lives.

That's why you're so dangerous.. Your religious fanaticism is not harmless, because it would kill so many.

The facts are incontrovertible, cold kills far more people than warm does. Every year. There have been multiple studies that show this to be true.

Almost all weather related deaths are due to cold. I'm saving millions of lives.

Even if that were true, and it's not, your logic still makes no sense. You don't understand the risk analysis.

If you're calculating lives saved, you have to look at the rate-of-change for each category, the derivative, not the base number itself.

That is, it's not C or H (deaths-cold or deaths-heat) that matters. It's dC/dT vs dH/dT. How many cold deaths would be prevented by a 1C increase, compared to how many more heat deaths would result from a 1C increase?

The latter number is much bigger, hence higher temperatures would kill more people.
You post in the environment section and you deny the biggest cause of weather related deaths is cold. Good grief.

And life on earth was never more prolific than when the earth was much much warmer, so stick your fear mongering in a certain location.

As I've pointed out before, the situations are not alike.

Most cold deaths are accidental. An old person falls down outside, a mentally ill person wanders off, a drunk passes out, a dumbass tries to swim a cold river. Raising the temperature a bit won't significantly change the rate of such deaths.

Most heat deaths are not accidental. People doing ordinary things overheat and die. A small temperature rise will mean a lot more deaths.

Hence, raising the temperature kills a lot more than it saves.

It's not a complex risk-analysis. It's just common sense. And almost all the deniers will fail at it. Most of the deniers here have the intellectual capacity of second-graders, yet they're absolutely convinced that they're experts on everything. I blame their PC upbringing. They must have got a lot of participation trophies.

Most cold deaths are accidental. An old person falls down outside, a mentally ill person wanders off, a drunk passes out, a dumbass tries to swim a cold river. Raising the temperature a bit won't significantly change the rate of such deaths.

Most heat deaths are not accidental. People doing ordinary things overheat and die. A small temperature rise will mean a lot more deaths.

It's not a complex risk-analysis. It's just common sense. And almost all the deniers will fail at it. Most of the deniers here have the intellectual capacity of second-graders, yet they're absolutely convinced that they're experts on everything. I blame their PC upbringing. They must have got a lot of participation trophies.

No, they are not. Cold deaths are almost all related to health issues. The colder it gets the thicker a persons blood gets and the more labored the circulation becomes. Overwhelmingly more people die, mainly the older and infirm I will grant you, in winter than in summer. This is a well known fact. In the UK where they have been studying it for years now the disparity in deaths is quite substantial.

No, they are not. Cold deaths are almost all related to health issues. The colder it gets the thicker a persons blood gets and the more labored the circulation becomes. Overwhelmingly more people die, mainly the older and infirm I will grant you, in winter than in summer. This is a well known fact. In the UK where they have been studying it for years now the disparity in deaths is quite substantial.

HAHAHAHAHAaaaa. The thicker their blood gets?!?!? What a fucking BUFFOOOOOON!!!

You dont have a dam clue what or how blood works.. He is correct, it does indeed become thicker as the body temp cools..its part of the bodies warming defense to keep the body core warm.... Ignorance is bliss

I'm guessing these Einsteins also believe that blood thinner medications reduce the viscosity of blood.

Blood is interesting in that it behaves as a non-newtonian fluid under some conditions. However, temperature has nothing to do with it. You'd be dead of cold long before it has any effect on blood viscosity.

Blood does not get thicker or thinner with temperature. It's not motor oil. Capillaries can constrict or open, but that has nothing to do with blood viscosity.

Some people are just more accustomed to the cold and better able to withstand it," he says.

Still, blood is part of the body's thermoregulation system. In cold weather, surface capillaries get smaller, pushing warm blood deeper into the body to help keep it toasty. In warm weather, more blood fills those capillaries so heat can escape through the skin. So if your vascular system gets used to year-round warmth, and then in January you board a plane to upper Minnesota, it'll take time for your blood delivery system to readjust. For a while, you'll feel like the cold you left behind is colder than you remember.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/12/science/how-does-blood-thickness-affect-body-temperature.html?_r=0

As usual, Mr. Westwall is repeating some old wives myth, rather than actual facts.

I'm guessing these Einsteins also believe that blood thinner medications reduce the viscosity of blood.

Blood is interesting in that it behaves as a non-newtonian fluid under some conditions. However, temperature has nothing to do with it. You'd be dead of cold long before it has any effect on blood viscosity.

Blood does not get thicker or thinner with temperature. It's not motor oil. Capillaries can constrict or open, but that has nothing to do with blood viscosity.

Untrue. There have been many studies that show vasoconstriction, and vasodilation is greatly reduced in elderly people as is horripilation. Thus when the body finally tries to react it is too late. Thus the outer capillaries constrict as the metabolic rate go's up. This causes the blood to back up in the system, thus thickening, and thus generating more pressure in an already taxed system.

:haha: :haha: :haha:

Some people are just more accustomed to the cold and better able to withstand it," he says.

Still, blood is part of the body's thermoregulation system. In cold weather, surface capillaries get smaller, pushing warm blood deeper into the body to help keep it toasty. In warm weather, more blood fills those capillaries so heat can escape through the skin. So if your vascular system gets used to year-round warmth, and then in January you board a plane to upper Minnesota, it'll take time for your blood delivery system to readjust. For a while, you'll feel like the cold you left behind is colder than you remember.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/12/science/how-does-blood-thickness-affect-body-temperature.html?_r=0

As usual, Mr. Westwall is repeating some old wives myth, rather than actual facts.

The issue is confused by the concept of "thicker".. Under more pressure from vasodilation = thicker.
More viscous -- from the effects of pressure. NOT from more platelets, NOT from clotting. Just thicker.

Cold weather and your health

In 2011/12, there were 24,200 more deaths in England between the months of December 2011 and March 2012 than were observed over the rest of the year - a large proportion of these are thought to be due to cold weather. Cold temperatures can cause physiological effects such as thicker blood, increase in blood pressure and tightening of the airways - making people who already have chronic conditions even more vulnerable.

High BP + Cold Weather Ups Heart Attack Risk

Cottin and Zeller, who presented their findings at the 2004 European Society of Cardiology meeting, say that cold also makes blood more viscous -- thicker and stickier -- which may cause clots to form.

As usual, the progressive weenies did with this thread what progressive weenies do = change the topic to mens health :gay: ( or any other topic )

The explorers got stuck in the ice........the same ice the AGW nut cases promised us wouldn't be there years ago!!:eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

On the Siberian side of the Arctic, Northabout has anchored near the icepack, and will wait for some melt and favorable winds.

http://polarocean.co.uk/tracking/

On the Canadian side, the northwest passage is almost open. Just one little bit of ice left. Might be open tomorrow.

Arctic_AMSR2_nic.png

On the Siberian side of the Arctic, Northabout has anchored near the icepack, and will wait for some melt and favorable winds.

http://polarocean.co.uk/tracking/

On the Canadian side, the northwest passage is almost open. Just one little bit of ice left. Might be open tomorrow.

Arctic_AMSR2_nic.png

LOL

Day time temps are at freezing or below above 80 Deg long. Ice melt is near zero and pack ice is increasing.. Good luck with this. Even the Russian weather observers are questioning if it will really open at all this year..

They have no need to get above 77N. Check your map.

Just out of curiosity, though, could we see the data upon which your statement is based?

nobody cares about this artic ice crap after 20 years.....some internet junkies, a few scientists and academia. Nobody else. Even the dumbest of the dumb heard about The Boy Who Cried Wolf in their formative years.

Just out of curiosity, though, could we see the data upon which your statement is based?

Still waiting.

The foundation of this thread is whether or not Arctic ice extents are declining. Does anyone here challenge that decline?

NSIDC has set up a page with a few interactive maps and graphics. Well worth a visit. Then please come back and tell us whether or not you believe it. Perhaps, it's all "fudge", right?

nobody cares about this artic ice crap after 20 years.....some internet junkies, a few scientists and academia. Nobody else. Even the dumbest of the dumb heard about The Boy Who Cried Wolf in their formative years.
The world's shipping companies care very much. Those interested in the mineral riches in the Arctic region care very much. And those who have a basic understanding of meteorology care very much. That you deny this to be the case is not doing your credibility any good.

Still waiting.

The foundation of this thread is whether or not Arctic ice extents are declining. Does anyone here challenge that decline?

NSIDC has set up a page with a few interactive maps and graphics. Well worth a visit. Then please come back and tell us whether or not you believe it. Perhaps, it's all "fudge", right?
Dude I'm waiting for where there is ice loss outside summer norms. Still silent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back