Global warming is speeding up.

How much warming in the last 100 years is human caused?
How much is natural?

Next, it is the rate at which our climate is changing that's the problem.

What is the rate?
What rate would be ok?

But an unchanging climate would be good too.

How much should we spend to stop the climate from ever changing?
How will we know we've succeeded?

1. All of the human caused global warming is human caused.

2. 0 rate would be best.

3. Money is a farce. Bees, ants and termites have societies of sorts. And they don't use money at all. They have also been around for over 100 million years. If humans survive the next 30 years it will be a miracle. Next, when the CO2 and temperature graphs drop down to what they were around 100 years ago, then we will know that we succeeded.

I resent your 'wage slavery' narrative in the first place. I own my own business and those figures are extrapolated because you were talking hourly wages. What do YOU do, if you don't mind me asking.

Yes. I suppose wage slave masters would resent the wage slave narrative. As for what I do, I think.

Reversing human caused global warming rapidly isn't an extreme. It's a dire necessity. Next, it is the rate at which our climate is changing that's the problem. But an unchanging climate would be good too. That is to the degree that humans are doing it goes. There isn't a lot we can do about nature.
How will you convince 85% of the world? US is only responsible for 15%

Don’t you believe nature is capable of correcting itself?

The answer to your question is that this is a highly complex emergent and adaptive system. There is no single controlling entity. The emergent and adaptive system evolves on its own through a conflict and confusion process which is self compensating in nature. It evolves through fits and starts and very much imitates the technology cycle whereby a practically complete idea bursts upon the scene and rapidity inflates until it settles into an equilibrium phase where slight differences compete to produce the next inflationary cycle. Long periods of boredom followed by short periods of intense change.

Humans are the driving factor these days. Not nature. And from what I have seen, humans aren't capable of correcting themselves. They are mostly only capable of wanting to be led. Most people would rather be lied to. Many people actually pay good money to be lied to. But at forums like this, they don't have to pay anything for all the lies they want. I could tell you many truths. But it just isn't allowed around here. Though with all these things being the facts, I can tell you what the solution to any problem is. It is the opposite of what the vast majority of people probably think it is.

Any action in the right direction helps. There will always be the argument as to whether it is enough or too much, though history on this topic has clearly shown that in almost every instance, mitigation efforts have been abysmally inadequate. We should have started work to eliminate fossil fuel power and ICE transportation right after World War II. But the only point in reviewing the errors of the past is to see what needs doing now.

Do not make the mistake of some posters here to think that because overpopulation is a root cause to global warming, that we should work on it and NOT work on global warming. That is a false dichotomy: an unwarranted elimination of alternatives. We can and should work on both - and other problems as well. Their is no need for exclusivity. The two efforts do not share any limited resource. There is no conflict.

Any action that doesn't solve the problem only prolongs it. Or allows it to get worse. If you would like some truthful discussions, send me a PM.

Humans are the driving factor these days. Not nature. And from what I have seen, humans aren't capable of correcting themselves. They are mostly only capable of wanting to be led. Most people would rather be lied to. Many people actually pay good money to be lied to. But at forums like this, they don't have to pay anything for all the lies they want. I could tell you many truths. But it just isn't allowed around here. Though with all these things being the facts, I can tell you what the solution to any problem is. It is the opposite of what the vast majority of people probably think it is.
There isn't a problem. A problem would look like a two mile thick sheet of ice covering all of Canada and parts of the US, Europe and Asia which displaces 250 million people.

Same method. Markets are global now. Ironically, it is China that has made solar energy as economical as it is today, through heavy subsidy.
I can't think of a better way to usher in the next glacial cycle than widespread use of solar.

Have you told the people who dedicate their lives to studying the climate, and the oceans, and the biosphere, and... won't they be surprised...
They shouldn't be surprised. We've been in an ice age for 2.7 million years.

I can't help it if they won't take the time to study past climate changes.

What in the blue hell is wage slavery? Is that your definition of supply and demand?

The average Chinese makes around $3.00 an hour. The average American makes around $19.00 an hour. The U.S. has fairly high environmental standards. China's are lax or nonexistent. The last time I checked, every year our trade imbalance with China alone was anywhere from 300 billion to 700 billion. That is money that leaves our pockets and never comes back. Is any of this slavery enough for you?

Forum List

Back