Global Warming Update

CO2 is .039% of the atmosphere. thats less than half of one percent. CO2 is not destroying the earth. Plants love it, they need it to survive. Its a naturally occuring gas.

A slight rise is not going to cause the oceans to boil, relax. Pollution is bad, pollution is NOT causing climate change to the entire planet.

You have a difficult time incorporating new information, don't you.

I understand that CO2 is about .04% of the Earth's atmosphere. The relatively small amount combined with the huge effect it has doesn't minimize its importance; it attests to its power since the planet would be a ball of ice without greenhouse gases to warm it sufficiently in order to support both plant and animal life. Consequently, even a modest increase in the number (say 1%) is serious business because it would represent a 25% increase (from .04% to .05%).

It also happens to be a fact that humans have been interfering with the so-called natural carbon cycle over the last 100 plus years by pumping CO2 into the atmosphere 24/7 from carbon-based fossil fuels that we've dug out of the ground from carbon sinks that have held them for millions of years in order to satisfy a massive increase in the world population that's been spreading technology and industry to ever further reaches of the planet. Hell, the industrialization of China in the last 30 years alone has put God knows how many more millions of cars on the road. When you combine that factoid with the fact that China has been building power plants that are continuously churning out CO2 to serve a population that is 4 times the population of this country. Since this is all happening while most Americans are sleeping, you can get a sense that humans are burning the candle at more than just two ends because the planet is like a giant factory with different time zones acting as shift workers who keep the CO2 churning out of chimney's and tail pipes every minute of every day. Deforestation only serves to aggravate the problem by removing temporary sinks that previously pulled CO2 out of the air.

OK,just for drill, lets assume that you are frigid are correct and that man is destroying the planet by living on it. What would you have mankind do? What specifically do you on the left want the people on earth to do? how do you plan to force them to do it? and what impact will it have on the world's economic system? How do you propose to provide fuel for to house, clothe, and feed the people of earth?

Its fine to cry wolf, but unless you have a plan to kill the wolf, we will just have to live with him.

But, having said that, I think you are full of shit.

For one thing, everyone has to change the way they view the problem. We should understand that new sources of renewable energy can help to create new industries and not just worry about putting oil companies out of business. Hell, they've got enough money now that they could divest and get in on the ground floor of new energy businesses.

Refining the whole nuclear power industry and making those power plants smaller and safer would help. That means that liberals have got to stop having such a knee jerk reaction to nuclear power.

Secondly, countries, industry, and even average citizens have to get serious about reducing pollution and waste. That includes developing ways to remove CO2 from the atmosphere and preventing it from getting up there in the first place. That means scrubbers on power plants and pumping liquid CO2 back into the ground.

Additionally, the whole concept of using something and then throwing it out just to buy a new one should be abandoned. Products should be built to last instead of being built to toss away.

City planning should be improved to reduce the need for driving.

Public transportation should be improved.

The amount of packaging for products should be reduced.

Recycling should be made mandatory for all products where the energy cost for recycling is less than the energy cost is for making something new. But even recycled products can and should be reused in different ways. Some industries already do a pretty good job at that when you consider that pretty much all of plant and animal products and byproducts are used in one thing or another. If it can be done so successfully with organic matter, it can also be done with inorganic products and by products.

New forests should be planted. Gardens should be encouraged.

Energy efficient products should be introduced.

There are hundreds of things that could and should be done. All it really takes is some relatively easy creative thinking that's taken seriously instead of summarily dismissed. For example, a few decades ago, the US used to tow old ships out to the deeper parts of the ocean to sink them. At some point, marine biologists were able to convince gov'ts to sink ships in relatively shallow water nearer to land in order to create an artificial environment for sea life which helped improve the fishing industry. It was a damn good idea, but nobody had ever thought of it that way before.

But it's absolutely essential that people and gov'ts must cooperate. If people and gov'ts spent their time and energy working at the problem instead of arguing about everything from A to Z about it, we actually could make progress.

As far as the economy goes, a little hit on GDP in the short term is the equivalent of pacing yourself in a race. It's preferable to run a little slower so you can run longer instead of running fast and then running out of steam and not being able to go the distance. So, even if economic growth is not what it might otherwise be, that's better shoving the world economy in the hole like a man who revs his engine at a high RPM until he ruins it and it won't run anymore at all.

Think of it like crop rotation. Farmers used to grow the same crop year after year until the soil couldn't grow much of anything anymore because the nutrients were depleted. It was only after farmers learned to rotate crops or let some fields lie fallow for a year or two that farmers were able to maximize their yields in the years that they planted. People and gov'ts have got to start to think longer term instead of just racing from quarter to quarter as if the most important thing in the world were quarterly profit and loss statements.

The Daily Caller - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Daily Caller is a politically conservative[1][2] news and opinion website based in Washington, D.C., United States. Founded by Tucker Carlson, a libertarian conservative[3][4] political pundit, and Neil Patel, former adviser to former Vice President Dick Cheney, The Daily Caller launched on January 11, 2010. In late 2012, it was reported that the site had quadrupled its page view and total audience and had become profitable without ever buying an advertisement for itself.

Also, the ice is up 50% from 2012. Oh my God, shock horror.

This short term use of statistics in a localised area is simply not going to cut anything. It doesn't mean anything to me.

Look at the charts. No chart shows up, up, up, up. It shows up and down and up and down with an increase of things or a decrease of things over a sustained area.

People who read this trash and get taken in by people who clearly have one goal, and that's to deny man made global warming to increase profits.

Have you been bought?

and HOLY SHIT, the temp is up 1/2 of a degree in the last 100 years. Holy shit---------we are all going to boil in seawater by August :eek::eek::cuckoo:

One half of one degree in one hundred years would translate to ten degrees in 2000 years. That's the same amount of time from the days when Jesus was waling around Galilee to now. And 2000 years is not even close to being equivalent to geologic time.

The Daily Caller - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Also, the ice is up 50% from 2012. Oh my God, shock horror.

This short term use of statistics in a localised area is simply not going to cut anything. It doesn't mean anything to me.

Look at the charts. No chart shows up, up, up, up. It shows up and down and up and down with an increase of things or a decrease of things over a sustained area.

People who read this trash and get taken in by people who clearly have one goal, and that's to deny man made global warming to increase profits.

Have you been bought?

and HOLY SHIT, the temp is up 1/2 of a degree in the last 100 years. Holy shit---------we are all going to boil in seawater by August :eek::eek::cuckoo:

One half of one degree in one hundred years would translate to ten degrees in 2000 years. That's the same amount of time from the days when Jesus was waling around Galilee to now. And 2000 years is not even close to being equivalent to geologic time.

What makes you think the average temperature would keep going up forever in a linear fashion? Wouldn't some equilibrium be reached at some point?

As with every other issue, since the moment this debate became political there is absolutely no way to trust any advocate, any opinion, any data, or any "chart".

And that's the problem with partisan political rhetoric. All bullshit, no solutions, only people getting in the way.

No thats just a convenient excuse to dismiss any information you dont like. Either you trust scientists and their methods or you dont.

As with every other issue, since the moment this debate became political there is absolutely no way to trust any advocate, any opinion, any data, or any "chart".

And that's the problem with partisan political rhetoric. All bullshit, no solutions, only people getting in the way.

No thats just a convenient excuse to dismiss any information you dont like. Either you trust scientists and their methods or you dont.

I'll leave such binary thought to partisan ideologues like you.

You're much better at it.

I can't wait to see your studies then. I'm sure they will be definitive, unbiased and peer reviewed.

As stated above it really won't matter who did the studies, you'll just say nope.

Like I said , that is the way it ALWAYS is with people like you.

Where did you go? I thought you were coming back to share those studies.

:lol: He never came back :lol: I guess something else is wrong with his Ipad :badgrin:

I'll leave such binary thought to partisan ideologues like you.

You're much better at it.

I notice your non denial response. Good.

I don't necessary trust computer simulations in in the hands of "scientists" that know which results will mean that they will continue to be payed. Garbage in - Garbage Out.

I don't necessary trust computer simulations in in the hands of "scientists" that know which results will mean that they will continue to be payed. Garbage in - Garbage Out.

Thats not how science works bud. You're working backwards assuming that if scientists find x then govt will pay them for x. No matter what its about. So that would mean that scientists when they first decided to study climate change had to know that someone would pay them FIRST and therefore they had to produce results that would get them paid.

:lol: But thats backwards. They found the info and govt determined it was important.

Also, who is paying scientists? Thats never revealed you guys just assume that since scientists make money then it has to be from someone who wants a certain result. Except you never have anything on who is paying. :lol: Kinda easy to make assumptions when you're light on the facts

Thats not how science works bud. You're working backwards assuming that if scientists find x then govt will pay them for x. No matter what its about. So that would mean that scientists when they first decided to study climate change had to know that someone would pay them FIRST and therefore they had to produce results that would get them paid.

:lol: But thats backwards. They found the info and govt determined it was important.

Also, who is paying scientists? Thats never revealed you guys just assume that since scientists make money then it has to be from someone who wants a certain result. Except you never have anything on who is paying. :lol: Kinda easy to make assumptions when you're light on the facts

I understand something about government grants for continued research.

That happens only after someone has something that govt is interested in not before. Your timeline is backwards

That happens only after someone has something that govt is interested in not before. Your timeline is backwards

Yes. Today... If they want more money for their computer models for further research, they better damn well find that global warming is a continuing problem. You think the goverment (Al Gore's cronies) are interested in finding that global warming is not as big of a problem as first predicted? Since the science is settled any such findings will be discredited and discontinued (no more grant money for you, you global warming denier).

Now put this on top of my claim that temperatures should be dropping, and dropping quite a bit.

A few degrees of a temperature increase could see a lot of people under water.

What impact do you think this will have when China and India are pumping so much CO2 into the atmosphere that temperatures increase by 5 degrees or more?

I'm not sure you quite understand the possible implications. We, as humans, can't control what we put in place. Desertification, rising sea levels and many other problems are happening already. Our time on earth, as human beings, is coming to an end, and it's an end we are making.

OK,just for drill, lets assume that you are frigid are correct and that man is destroying the planet by living on it. What would you have mankind do? What specifically do you on the left want the people on earth to do? how do you plan to force them to do it? and what impact will it have on the world's economic system? How do you propose to provide fuel for to house, clothe, and feed the people of earth?

Its fine to cry wolf, but unless you have a plan to kill the wolf, we will just have to live with him.

Do you know what sustainable living is?

We have enough resources to keep ourselves happy for the rest of eternity. We have the sun, we have waves, we have animal waste, we have wind, etc.

Oh, but people will talk about the cost. So we go for polluting the earth and killing it because it's cheaper. Oh great.

How many houses do you see with solar panels? How many people live off what is close to them?

Renewable energy is one way. But also living off what is closer to hand, rather than transporting things around the world when it's not necessary is another.

You think we're "full of shit", but then it's easy to just think that without having to care about the world, isn't it?

Yes. Today... If they want more money for their computer models for further research, they better damn well find that global warming is a continuing problem. You think the goverment (Al Gore's cronies) are interested in finding that global warming is not as big of a problem as first predicted? Since the science is settled any such findings will be discredited and discontinued (no more grant money for you, you global warming denier).

Every major international scientific body are "Al Gores cronies"?

Is that your position?

Is that your position?

Including NASA. You know that the scientists that work for NASA do get paid by the government. If that ain't "proof" that they are on the take with global warming, well I don't know what other "proof" that you would need.

And if I am not mistaken, I believe that Al Gore ONCE talked to someone who worked at NASA. How much more "proof" you want?

I can make up a ton of it.

Do you know what sustainable living is?

We have enough resources to keep ourselves happy for the rest of eternity. We have the sun, we have waves, we have animal waste, we have wind, etc.

Oh, but people will talk about the cost. So we go for polluting the earth and killing it because it's cheaper. Oh great.

How many houses do you see with solar panels? How many people live off what is close to them?

Renewable energy is one way. But also living off what is closer to hand, rather than transporting things around the world when it's not necessary is another.

You think we're "full of shit", but then it's easy to just think that without having to care about the world, isn't it?

Yes, I am well aware of all that, I am also well aware that it cannot work on a large scale. how do you propose to use sustainable living in New York City or Hong Kong?

Solar panels are great, but you do realize that they only work when the sun is shining on them, right? Solar panels don't do shit in the winter in Canada when its 10 below zero and dark 18 hours a day. Do you think Canadians should be cutting down trees and burning wood all winter rather than using coal and oil? Do you think burning wood is pollution free?

Finally, John Lennon's song "Imagine" was just a song. The real world does not work that way, but enjoy your delusions while you can.

Is that your position?

It would be if that was true, but its not. the "scientific" community, whatever the fuck that is, remains about 50/50 on AGW, and the 50% that support it are getting rich off of govt grants given to them to produce studies that reach that conclusion.

You are being brainwashed and don't even realize it.

Your timeline is off. FIRST it had to be determined that it is a problem in order for someone to find it important enough to fund it. If they find it is a problem today then guess what? Thats because it was a problem in the first place from the first study.

You dismiss actual facts, proof and scientific research and instead choose to believe conjecture and assumptions.

Thats fine, the problem is when you believe your conjecture, assumptions and personal attacks has more credibility than the facts.

Forum List

Back