Gluten Free

I stick to the four main food groups

Beef pork chicken and venison

occasionally fish

-LOL

I'm 37 years old and I've eaten wheat bread for my entire life. As long as you eat things in moderation and get exercise, you aren't going to get fat from eating wheat bread.

Damn..I thought you said you were 42 somewhere...37!!! OMG - I am 14 years older than you.

So we have a friend from Scotland staying with us for several days next week, Monday-Wednesday. They have to be Gluten Free in all foods, we've been reading up on this....to say the least, food times are going to be very complicated from Monday-Wednesday.

Does anyone have any experience with Gluten Free stuff/people?

My son is special needs and we pulled him off gluten when he was 7 till about 10 or so. This book helped a lot: Special Diets for Special Kids by Lisa Lewis. Lots of recipes, how to convert already existing recipes to g/f. It isn't nearly as daunting as you might think. Most things are made with wheat (gluten) but there is much, much more choice of g/f items today than there were 15 years ago.

A steak, baked potato/sweet potato, salad, veggies ... there's a gluten free meal. There's rice pastas, g/f breads ... tons of stuff, a lot available at regular grocery stores.

It's not what you eat but HOW MUCH you eat. Lol.

Actually both.

I eat anything I want. I just don't overdo it (most of the time). I'm thin. :D

Yes but you are 37. Wait til you get to 45 or do...that wonderful metabolism you have WILL slow.
I cannot eat as much as I want anymore, I weighed about 200 lbs (keep in mind I am quite tall) from 18 years old till I was 42...then seemingly overnight something happened...I went up to 243 in one year. I stopped eating so much.
I have weighed about 215-220 for the past 7-8 years, but it takes exercise and watching what I eat.
Sad....but it happens to all of us.

It's not what you eat but HOW MUCH you eat. Lol.

Actually both.

I eat anything I want. I just don't overdo it (most of the time). I'm thin. :D

Yes dear but you are 37. Wait til you get to 45 or do...that wonderful metabolism you have WILL slow.
I cannot eat as much as I want anymore, I weighed about 200 lbs (keep in mind I am quite tall) from 18 years old till I was 42...then seemingly overnight something happened...I went up to 243 in one year. I stopped eating so much.
I have weighed about 215-220 for the past 7-8 years, but it takes exercise and watching what I eat.
Sad....but it happens to all of us.

I work out and like I said, I eat in MODERATION. :) That is the key to staying thin. Don't eat too much. Anything can make you fat if you eat too much of it.

So we have a friend from Scotland staying with us for several days next week, Monday-Wednesday. They have to be Gluten Free in all foods, we've been reading up on this....to say the least, food times are going to be very complicated from Monday-Wednesday.

Does anyone have any experience with Gluten Free stuff/people?

My daughter has Celiac Disease. For her, it has never been a food fad.

It is very sad, the disease is rising fast. It was one quite rare, still rare but getting less and less.
I just hope by the time everyone figures out that Mother Nature got everything right...and all the corporations have done with their modified franken food is make people sick that it is not too late.

It is very sad, the disease is rising fast. It was one quite rare, still rare but getting less and less.
I just hope by the time everyone figures out that Mother Nature got everything right...and all the corporations have done with their modified franken food is make people sick that it is not too late.

So, you don't eat ANY processed food? Come on! Lol.

Virtually none.
Ketchup.
Lemme cook for you and you won't look back at the boxed/jar/canned stuff. Trust me.

Virtually none.
Ketchup.
Lemme cook for you and you won't look back at the boxed/jar/canned stuff. Trust me.

But I love Velveeta! :D

Forum List

Back