God... Is Time.

The EFFECTS of gravity is what gravity IS, stupid! We observe it, we measure it, we do calculations with it all the time. It is not something that isn't observable.
We don't observe the present, we can't observe it because of physics. All human observation depends on time happening and if time is happening, you are not in the moment of present time.
Like we observe the effects of gravity, we observe the effects of time moving from present to past. Like it takes no faith to observe the effects of gravity, it takes no faith to observe the effects of time.

Wrong... We observe the effects of time moving from immediate past to a more distant past. We cannot observe the moment of present time. We do have faith that the moment of present time is as we are perceiving it to be, but we cannot verify this because we cannot observe the present moment of time. Faith is essential.
There's no requirement for faith. We observe a moment of present time absent your gawds. There is no reason to accept that your gawds are a requirement for perception of present time or for the existence of contingent reality.

I didn't say anything about Gods. Faith is still essential if you believe present reality is as you perceive it.
No its not.

If i measure the length of my phone with a ruler, i dont need faith that my phone was x-inches - it is a fact. I can observe the present despite being in the near future doing so.

Your argument is bananas levels of fucking stupid.

It's a fact that everything you did was in the past and not the present moment of time. Even before your enormous brain could think to measure your phone, the past is already here. The present has moved on.

Now I can establish all kinds of facts about the past. We have about 14.5 billion Earth revolutions around the Sun to examine there. What you and I don't have is facts about present time because we cannot observe it.

So we can only have faith in our perception of the present.

Like we observe the effects of gravity, we observe the effects of time moving from present to past. Like it takes no faith to observe the effects of gravity, it takes no faith to observe the effects of time.

Wrong... We observe the effects of time moving from immediate past to a more distant past. We cannot observe the moment of present time. We do have faith that the moment of present time is as we are perceiving it to be, but we cannot verify this because we cannot observe the present moment of time. Faith is essential.
There's no requirement for faith. We observe a moment of present time absent your gawds. There is no reason to accept that your gawds are a requirement for perception of present time or for the existence of contingent reality.

I didn't say anything about Gods. Faith is still essential if you believe present reality is as you perceive it.
No its not.

If i measure the length of my phone with a ruler, i dont need faith that my phone was x-inches - it is a fact. I can observe the present despite being in the near future doing so.

It's a fact that everything you did was in the past and not the present moment of time. Even before your enormous brain could think to measure your phone, the past is already here. The present has moved on.

Now I can establish all kinds of facts about the past. We have about 14.5 billion Earth revolutions around the Sun to examine there. What you and I don't have is facts about present time because we cannot observe it.

The past was once the present.
Observing the past proves the present continues, unless you are dead.

Facts. No opinions.

No its not.

There is no requirement for faith to perceive the present.

If theyre observing the past - it proves theres a present because all of the past was once the present - and - you are alive

No it only proves they're observing the past if they are observing the past. You are ASSUMING (through faith) that the past was once the present. In order to confirm this, you would have to be able to observe the present and you can't defy physics to do that.

All you are doing is redefining the present as the immediate past, and making a fool of yourself in the process.
Yes, im not even going to continue the convo at this point, i find this guy utterly and unforgivably stupid.

Well I find you utterly and unforgivably stupid as well, but I don't need to post it because that's not my argument. For page after page, it appears you four are in this for points whoring... thanking each others posts and keeping the balloon in the air when you really don't have a counter to the OP argument. I've been really patient and tried to walk you through this, but the thread continues to follow a pattern of... denial, distraction, denigration, denial, proclaim victory, denial, distraction, denigration, denial, proclaim victory. Over and over, page after stinking page... same shit, same 4 posters.

*Yawn
You're stuttering and mumbling, fundie man.

I'm afraid the failure of your proselytising leaves you no option but to endlessly copy and paste your same silly slogans and cliches'.
Since he looks like Beetlejuice from the Howard Stern show, if you read his posts in Beetle's retard voice it provides ample entertainment. Lol, check it out.

Its the voice i read it in when I read his derpy posts and its fucking hysterical.

If theyre observing the past - it proves theres a present because all of the past was once the present - and - you are alive

No it only proves they're observing the past if they are observing the past. You are ASSUMING (through faith) that the past was once the present. In order to confirm this, you would have to be able to observe the present and you can't defy physics to do that.
Umm, no physics actually PROVES MATHEMATICALLY that the past was once the present.

Holy fuck you are an imbecile :lol:

The past would not exist if the present had not occurred.

Check to see if the Falwell Academy has revised / updated version of Physics for the Silly.

What the observor currently observes, is of no consequence to whether the present is occurring or not.

I never made that argument but how do you know that? The moment of present time is beyond your ability to observe. Physics is the proof. So you really don't know what is occurring in the present because you can't observe it. All you have to go on... all ANY of us have to go on, is a perception of the present which arrives to us in the past. We rely on faith in that perception, always.

What the observor currently observes, is of no consequence to whether the present is occurring or not.

I never made that argument but how do you know that? The moment of present time is beyond your ability to observe. Physics is the proof. So you really don't know what is occurring in the present because you can't observe it. All you have to go on... all ANY of us have to go on, is a perception of the present which arrives to us in the past. We rely on faith in that perception, always.
The past is the present, plus time.

It is its fucking definition. Wow

Faith is not a requirement to perceive the present.

This is not provable. It IS our perception.
No, that is actually the physics behind time you fucking imbecile.

The future is presents to come.

That is how time works, as DEFINED by physics. Wow.

No, it's actually the physics which proves you cannot observe the present moment of time. Physics enables your perception which happens after the present has passed... gone forever... buh bye!

No, it's actually the physics which proves you cannot observe the present moment of time. Physics enables your perception which happens after the present has passed... gone forever... buh bye!
Physics demands that the past was once the present.

I dont know what the fuck time books you have read but if you cant even understand that youre a bigger fucking lame than you already were percieved, Beetle.

Physics demands that the past was once the present.

I dont know what the fuck time books you have read but if you cant even understand that youre a bigger fucking lame than you already were percieved, Beetle.

Physics doesn't "demand" anything of the sort. Time is a dimension which is measurable by physics but the moment of present time is a point, it is not measurable or observable due to physics which has to happen first.

Name calling is not debate. Sorry Skippy, when you do this it shows you are losing and losing badly. The more you call me names the more I know that I've nailed my points and you can't refute them. So.... carry on!

Noone is losing badly but you, Beetlejuice.

You are actually admitting ignorance of the fundamental basics of what time even is.

Stay in your lane next time and make a thread regarding the sociological effects of crack rock when smoked by the already retarded midget who is in the whack pack.

You are actually admitting ignorance of the fundamental basics of what time even is.

Funny.... I thought the same thing about your argument. You seem to think "the present" includes the past. Or does the past include the present? In any event, you don't seem to be getting it through your thick head that the moment of present time is non-observable because physics has to happen before we can perceive something.

Forum List

Back