God... Is Time.

You are actually admitting ignorance of the fundamental basics of what time even is.

Funny.... I thought the same thing about your argument. You seem to think "the present" includes the past. Or does the past include the present? In any event, you don't seem to be getting it through your thick head that the moment of present time is non-observable because physics has to happen before we can perceive something.
Well, youre the one who didnt know that the past was once the present.

Let the viewers at home decide who the dipstick is, playboy.

Faith is not a requirement to perceive the present.

Faith is required to believe what is not observable. You can't observe the moment of present time. You have a perception of it in the past.
False. Your silliness has been corrected previously. You apparently feel that spamming the thread with your same cut and paste nonsense, your silliness will, by magic, come true.

The force of gravity, electromagnetism are forces we cannot directly observe, yet, there is no requirement for faith to perceive the existence of those forces.

It's remarkable that you are wholly unable to learn from experience.

The EFFECTS of gravity is what gravity IS, stupid! We observe it, we measure it, we do calculations with it all the time. It is not something that isn't observable.
We don't observe the present, we can't observe it because of physics. All human observation depends on time happening and if time is happening, you are not in the moment of present time.
Like we observe the effects of gravity, we observe the effects of time moving from present to past. Like it takes no faith to observe the effects of gravity, it takes no faith to observe the effects of time.

Wrong... We observe the effects of time moving from immediate past to a more distant past. We cannot observe the moment of present time. We do have faith that the moment of present time is as we are perceiving it to be, but we cannot verify this because we cannot observe the present moment of time. Faith is essential.
All you are doing is redefining the present as the immediate past, and making a fool of yourself in the process.

Well Eddy, no I'm really not doing that. YOU want to redefine "the present" to include the immediate past and I won't let you get away with it. You are making a fool out of yourself. The moment of present time cannot be observed due to physics. All we can have is perception which is created after time has passed.

You have not overcome that stark fact of reality which is the basis of the thread OP. Stomping your feet and throwing a fit will not change that. Calling me names and acting like I've not made the argument will not suffice.
Sorry Sucker, "The present" is the present and not "the immediate past." I won't let you get away with redefining words to suite your doublespeak.

Well, youre the one who didnt know that the past was once the present.

Well I still don't know that it is, you haven't proven it and you can't due to physics. All you can prove is the past is the former perception of the present you had. Since you cannot observe the moment of present time, you cannot prove the present is as you perceived it.

It's a fact that everything you did was in the past and not the present moment of time.
It is also a fact that everything you are DOING is in the present, no observation required, just the doing!

The EFFECTS of gravity is what gravity IS, stupid! We observe it, we measure it, we do calculations with it all the time. It is not something that isn't observable.
We don't observe the present, we can't observe it because of physics. All human observation depends on time happening and if time is happening, you are not in the moment of present time.
Like we observe the effects of gravity, we observe the effects of time moving from present to past. Like it takes no faith to observe the effects of gravity, it takes no faith to observe the effects of time.

Wrong... We observe the effects of time moving from immediate past to a more distant past. We cannot observe the moment of present time. We do have faith that the moment of present time is as we are perceiving it to be, but we cannot verify this because we cannot observe the present moment of time. Faith is essential.
All you are doing is redefining the present as the immediate past, and making a fool of yourself in the process.

Well Eddy, no I'm really not doing that. YOU want to redefine "the present" to include the immediate past and I won't let you get away with it. You are making a fool out of yourself. The moment of present time cannot be observed due to physics. All we can have is perception which is created after time has passed.

You have not overcome that stark fact of reality which is the basis of the thread OP. Stomping your feet and throwing a fit will not change that. Calling me names and acting like I've not made the argument will not suffice.
Sorry Sucker, "The present" is the present and not "the immediate past." I won't let you get away with redefining words to suite your doublespeak.

Well if the present is the present then it's not the immediate past. So when do you have observation of the present?

Well if the present is the present then it's not the immediate past. So when do you have observation of the present?

You don't need to observe the present for it to be the present. You could say we live in the present blindly!

You don't need to observe the present for it to be the present. You could say we live in the present blindly!

You also don't have to observe God for God to be God.

There within lay the eternal question a three year old might ask in Sunday school: WHAT made GOD? Well, wise guy?
an appropriate question for a three year old to ask....an adult, not so much......nothing made God, an eternal deity does not need a maker as he does not have a beginning.....

Where DID God come from? Pulled himself out of his hat? Scary thing is, science doesn't know what caused the big bang, either. You can't get something out of nothing. Matter is like 99.99 percent nothing. Perhaps the multiverse doesn't need a God because perhaps, it just always existed.
science tells us THIS universe did not always exist.....science cannot tell us that a deity did not always exist......someTHING cannot come from noTHING.....but if the deity is not a THING, that rule has no application......

how long does your "present" last....a second?.....an hour?....two weeks?.......Boss is simply arguing that the "present" exists only for an instant......

You also don't have to observe God for God to be God.
You also can invent all the gawds and spirit realms you wish. There's just no reason to accept them as true.

Forum List

Back