God Works In Mysterious Ways

Have you ever had God work in your life?
A miracle cure? Something that can not be explained?

I have been turned down for a job I prayed for but kept praying and 3 days later the employer called backing saying the person turned it down. I have seen someone live that the Drs. said had no chance.

Ohio church’s $1,000 tip saves pizza delivery woman from eviction

I've had many things happen, like I was supposed to fly to the UK on the 18th September 2001, but went in August instead. It wasn't God that did this though, it was just what happened.

Lots of coincidences have happened. I was in the UK for the London Bombings, in Spain for the Madrid Bombings, should have been in NY for 9/11, was in Russia on a train line between Moscow and St Petersburg a month before a bomb blew up a train there, was on a train bound for Wenzhou in China when they had been a derailment the night before I didn't know about close to Wenzhou, and so on and on and on. Coincidences all of them. God didn't play a part at all.

I wouldn't be so sure. I'd call that many near misses "devine intervention".

The sad thing here is you have convinced yourself what you just said has anything to do with reality.

What honest person can claim they are based in reality while making every excuse in existence to ignore educating oneself?
I am very educated in the subject. Still, I see nothing worthwhile to suggest that there really is an invisible being making deformed babies because someone ate an apple. Fucking ludicrous brah.

You are the one judging that the baby is deformed. In my eyes all life is perfect. And most importantly in the eyes of our maker our creator I call him Jehovah all life is perfect.
You're an idiot. Please shut up.

Persuasive argument. What absolutely no one thought.
He couldn't tell that those babies were horribly deformed. He might as well just shut up and watch.

And they are deformed how?What is your definition of deformed? By all means Dr. Mengele give us a definition. Please not kidding Dr. Mengele. My pups were deaf. That's all they were.

So now the left would destroy puppies who weren't perfect. Deaf babies. The left would kill them.

My grandmother prayed that it would not rain one day when she was going shopping, because her umbrella broke.

It didn't rain, so she sent Oral Roberts some money.

If that doesn't prove that god cares, I don't know what does.

What a lie. Put out your grandmothers money or I'll rock you, Not kidding.

I'm sure I didn't. You dont understand the plan of redemption and will put no effort into understanding it. So what will help you understand?
Real, tangible proof. Not read in a book of fiction. You know, REAL!

Books are tangible. The contain eye witness that teach us more of the human experience than we could figure out on our own. They show evidence and reason. The fact that you are unwilling to familiarize yourself with a book doesn't meant they aren't fabulous tools.
Books are written by men and have zero proof of another dimension with a super being who wants you to kiss his ass, or you'll kiss your ass goodbye. No. Proof. Whatsoever.

You can say that again and again but eye witness testimony has always been considered evidence. As has reasoning
You're deluded if you think that the bible is eye witness testimony. You live in a fantasy world where you're afraid of an invisible being who deforms little babies. No thanks. :D

Not only that it literally amazes me that the Vatican City has hundreds of billions of dollars worth of fine art, treasure and jewelry while nearly a billion, mostly children starve and suffer from malnutrition. I thought the primary message was for Christians to "Care For The Poor!"

vatican_museum.jpg

6a00e54f9f8f8c88340147e145cf66970b-800wi

Rome_Sistine_Chapel_01.jpg

Last edited:
I am very educated in the subject. Still, I see nothing worthwhile to suggest that there really is an invisible being making deformed babies because someone ate an apple. Fucking ludicrous brah.

You are the one judging that the baby is deformed. In my eyes all life is perfect. And most importantly in the eyes of our maker our creator I call him Jehovah all life is perfect.

He couldn't tell that those babies were horribly deformed. He might as well just shut up and watch.

And they are deformed how?What is your definition of deformed? By all means Dr. Mengele give us a definition. Please not kidding Dr. Mengele. My pups were deaf. That's all they were.
Deaf is not deformed. The two babies whose pictures I posted were deformed. Please grow a brain.

Real, tangible proof. Not read in a book of fiction. You know, REAL!

Books are tangible. The contain eye witness that teach us more of the human experience than we could figure out on our own. They show evidence and reason. The fact that you are unwilling to familiarize yourself with a book doesn't meant they aren't fabulous tools.
Books are written by men and have zero proof of another dimension with a super being who wants you to kiss his ass, or you'll kiss your ass goodbye. No. Proof. Whatsoever.

You can say that again and again but eye witness testimony has always been considered evidence. As has reasoning
You're deluded if you think that the bible is eye witness testimony. You live in a fantasy world where you're afraid of an invisible being who deforms little babies. No thanks. :D

Not only that it literally amazes me that the Vatican City has hundreds of billions of dollars worth of fine art, treasure and jewelry while nearly a billion, mostly children starve and suffer from malnutrition. I thought the primary message was for Christians to "Care For The Poor!"

vatican_museum.jpg

If you think the primary message of Christianity is care for the poor, then you've missed the message of the gospel and I have to question your so called experiences with Christianity

Deaf is not deformed. The two babies whose pictures I posted were deformed. Please grow a brain.

How would anyone know what your personal definition of deformed is?

Btw you realize that no one can grow a brain right? Having a heart is more important anyway.

How would anyone know what your personal definition of deformed is?

Btw you realize that no one can grow a brain right? Having a heart is more important anyway.
The baby in the first picture I posted was able to grow 2 brains, or was that god who made the 2 brains, I forget?
If you want to include being deaf as deformed, then fine, because god made deaf people and animals as well. He must have had an off day.

vatican_museum.jpg

If you think the primary message of Christianity is care for the poor, then you've missed the message of the gospel and I have to question your so called experiences with Christianity

OK.....since a Church was never mentioned the bible do you think building up treasures on earth was the intent...or should they be concerned with feeding the poor?

Matthew 6:
19 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:
20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:
21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

Matthew 25:
31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

Last edited:

OK.....since a Church was never mentioned the bible do you think building up treasures on earth was the intent...or should they be concerned with feeding the poor?

Matthew 6:
19 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:
20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:

I always disagreed with this (spending a lot of money on a fancy church, gold offering plates, choir robes etc.)

People will say it's to honor and glorify God -
There is a story in the Bible where one of the apostles (Judas) complains that a woman is "wasting" her perfume on Jesus' feet because they could get money for it to feed the poor... but Jesus says what she is doing is good and right........

John 12:3-7 New International Version (NIV)
3 Then Mary took about a pint of pure nard, an expensive perfume; and she poured it on Jesus’ feet and wiped his feet with her hair. And the house was filled with the fragrance of the perfume.
4 But one of his disciples, Judas Iscariot, who was later to betray him, objected, 5 “Why wasn’t this perfume sold and the money given to the poor? It was worth a year’s wages.” 6 He did not say this because he cared about the poor but because he was a thief; as keeper of the money bag, to help himself to what was put into it.
7 “Leave her alone,” Jesus replied. “It was intended that she should save this perfume for the day of my burial. 8 You will always have the poor among you, but you will not always have me.”

Matthew 6:

I always disagreed with this (spending a lot of money on a fancy church, gold offering plates, choir robes etc.)

People will say it's to honor and glorify God -
There is a story in the Bible where one of the apostles (Judas) complains that a woman is "wasting" her perfume on Jesus' feet because they could get money for it to feed the poor... but Jesus says what she is doing is good and right........

John 12:3-7 New International Version (NIV)
3 Then Mary took about a pint of pure nard, an expensive perfume; and she poured it on Jesus’ feet and wiped his feet with her hair. And the house was filled with the fragrance of the perfume.
4 But one of his disciples, Judas Iscariot, who was later to betray him, objected, 5 “Why wasn’t this perfume sold and the money given to the poor? It was worth a year’s wages.” 6 He did not say this because he cared about the poor but because he was a thief; as keeper of the money bag, to help himself to what was put into it.
7 “Leave her alone,” Jesus replied. “It was intended that she should save this perfume for the day of my burial. 8 You will always have the poor among you, but you will not always have me.”

Let's see now......somehow I'm supposed to believe that a little perfume on some feet is supposed to equal a single entity accumulating enough frivolous wealth to feed the hungry but keeping it? That leaves me curious about the entire mission.....which is nothing new.

That brings up the other concern......why is it that Jesus seemed to remember all the things he wanted Christians to do but never mentioned a church or a building specifically built to house Christians?

God doesn't seem to work at all. Has us doing everything in his name or on his behalf. If God doesn't do anything he doesn't deserve our worship.

vatican_museum.jpg

Matthew 6:

Matthew 25:
31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

The Church, that you say isn't mentioned, is mentioned 111 times in the new testament alone.

While helping the poor is a mission of the Church, it's not the only mission. In fact the attitude you are taking about is quite similar to another account in the scriptures.

Then took Mary a pound of ointment of spikenard, very costly, and anointed the feet of Jesus, and wiped his feet with her hair: and the house was filled with the odour of the ointment.

4 Then saith one of his disciples, Judas Iscariot, Simon’sson, which should betray him,

5 Why was not this ointment sold for three hundred pence, and given to the poor?

6 This he said, not that he cared for the poor; but because he was a thief, and had the bag, and bare what was put therein.

7 Then said Jesus, Let her alone: against the day of my burying hath she kept this.

8 For the poor always ye have with you; but me ye have not always. (John 12:3-8)

vatican_museum.jpg

Matthew 6:

Matthew 25:

The Church, that you say isn't mentioned, is mentioned 111 times in the new testament alone.

While helping the poor is a mission of the Church, it's not the only mission. In fact the attitude you are taking about is quite similar to another account in the scriptures.

Then took Mary a pound of ointment of spikenard, very costly, and anointed the feet of Jesus, and wiped his feet with her hair: and the house was filled with the odour of the ointment.

4 Then saith one of his disciples, Judas Iscariot, Simon’sson, which should betray him,

5 Why was not this ointment sold for three hundred pence, and given to the poor?

6 This he said, not that he cared for the poor; but because he was a thief, and had the bag, and bare what was put therein.

7 Then said Jesus, Let her alone: against the day of my burying hath she kept this.

8 For the poor always ye have with you; but me ye have not always. (John 12:3-8)

I'm talking about a physical building...you know, like the Vatican. The other kind doesn't cost much. Scripture please!

God works in mysterious ways, but he's low on cash, tithe today!

God works in mysterious ways, but he's low on cash, tithe today!

Actually if you tithe you're paying your dues. If you wake up one day feeling generous you can consider giving a gift. A gift is something more than a tithe......at least that what the church where I used to go preached. Notice I said "used to go"

Forum List

Back