Going to New York next weekend!

i did not mind the dirty water dogs...but what yall think are onions is simply beyond me...i would ask for raw onions and get this red relish looking stuff.....i just tossed the entire dog...i would go to the next cart..ask if they had raw onions..they would say yes...and again it was that red relish crap lol

lol.. i don't eat onions, but the red hot dog onions are supposed to be very good.

onions.jpg

Headed up to the Big Apple to visit with my daughter. Going to be there Friday to Monday.

My daughter can't take off work completely over the weekend so I'll have some time to myself to do some touristing.

Here in Florida, we have the place where the tourists go, and then we have the places where the locals go. I'm looking for restaurants and delis that serve great food but aren't necessarily on the tourist radar.

Anyone here from NYC?

Be careful.
Last time I was there - my wife and I were held up at gunpoint.
Stay away from Gunpoint, New York! Seems there are lots of crimes committed there.

Headed up to the Big Apple to visit with my daughter. Going to be there Friday to Monday.

My daughter can't take off work completely over the weekend so I'll have some time to myself to do some touristing.

Here in Florida, we have the place where the tourists go, and then we have the places where the locals go. I'm looking for restaurants and delis that serve great food but aren't necessarily on the tourist radar.

Anyone here from NYC?
Take the D to 86th in Brooklyn and get yourself a slice of the World's Finest pizza at L&B Spumoni Gardens.

L&B is really good...

but have you been to DiFara's?

Di Fara Pizza - Midwood - New York Magazine Restaurant Guide

Anyone here from NYC?

Be careful.

Understood, they also won't allow me to conceal carry. Or carry at all for that matter. I will feel like a sitting duck.

Anyone here from NYC?
Take the D to 86th in Brooklyn and get yourself a slice of the World's Finest pizza at L&B Spumoni Gardens.

L&B is really good...

Not yet, but I've heard good things! It's kinda pricy, ain't it?

Anyone here from NYC?

Be careful.
Stay away from Gunpoint, New York! Seems there are lots of crimes committed there.

Hell, we were staying at the Trump SoHo!! You'd think it would be safe.

i never felt in danger in nyc....use caution..is all....

and they will laugh right in your face at your accent....

another cheap tip....if you like cokes..or pepsi they are pricey at machines....order chinese take out....dirt cheap drinks....we would order 6 canned drinks...

and the art....ahhh the art...i would love to see the monet exhibit....

did any of you see the christo exhibit?

Understood, they also won't allow me to conceal carry. Or carry at all for that matter. I will feel like a sitting duck.

The only concealed weapons are on the bad guys.

See how "gun control" works??

Be careful...

L&B is really good...

Not yet, but I've heard good things! It's kinda pricy, ain't it?

it's expensive. and i wouldn't make a frequent habit of it. but for a special thing? it's still only $25 to feed a bunch of people. so as meals go, it's worth it.

Di Fara Pizza | 1424 Avenue J, Brooklyn NY 11230 | 718-258-1367

Di Fara Pizza menu - Brooklyn, NY 11230 - (718) 258-1367

Be careful.

Hell, we were staying at the Trump SoHo!! You'd think it would be safe.
I spent a weekend in Knifesedge, Connecticut. It was the most stressful two days of my life.

When I'm in NYC, I stay in Brooklyn. Bath Beach.

And one day, I'll get a chance to have coffee with Jillian. At least I hope so.

i never felt in danger in nyc....use caution..is all....

and they will laugh right in your face at your accent....

I don't have an accent at all. Occasionally I will say y'all, and rarer still, I might say "I'm fixin' to"... but in just plain english.

another cheap tip....if you like cokes..or pepsi they are pricey at machines....order chinese take out....dirt cheap drinks....we would order 6 canned drinks...

As long as it isn't a 20 oz Coke right? ;)

Oh thanks for reminding me. I'll also want to eat some Chinese there. we have pretty good Chinese food here so I'll have to see if it's better there.

and the art....ahhh the art...i would love to see the monet exhibit....

Going to try to hit the museums, ground zero, Seinfeld'sdiner, and the battery building from Men In Black.

Last edited:
o o and you can find hamilton's grave if you want to piss on it....

and you can see there burr killed hamilton

okay perhaps you dont have a weird fixation on burr.....i understand.....(not really)

Anyone here from NYC?

Have fun there is alot to do there.

o o and you can find hamilton's grave if you want to piss on it....

and you can see there burr killed hamilton

okay perhaps you dont have a weird fixation on burr.....i understand.....(not really)

you can also eat at Aaron Burr's carriage house.

One if by Land, Two if by Sea 2012

how the hell did i miss that? damn it now i got to go back....my r/l friends find my obsession with burr a bit much to bare...when i went to alabama to see the cave he hid out in...they declared me beyond help....

okay if i come back we can all go there..frankie can pay lol

high and jillian are right just have fun....

warning about the art museums....by the third day....i had walked so much in museums that i woke up unable to walk due to a bad knee....if you have bad ankles or knees take precautions.....its all concrete floors

Forum List

Back