"Good guy" with gun shoots car jacking victim, then flees.

It is pretty obvious that to be able to HONESTLY state that guns are not "a safety device" you would have to consider all the defensive gun uses, that do not result in anyone getting shot.

Why do you hold a position that you know you can't HONESTLY defend?

Well most defensive gun uses are a myth. We do however know who gets shot and killed, by far the owner.

I personally know of two people who have used guns to protect themselves. In both cases no shots were fired.

I personally know of none.

Probably due to the increasingly polarized way that people socialize only with others that agree with them.

You probably don't know very many people who carry.

I know many.

Really? Good for you.

Do you live in a very low crime area?

Well most defensive gun uses are a myth. We do however know who gets shot and killed, by far the owner.

I personally know of two people who have used guns to protect themselves. In both cases no shots were fired.

Probably due to the increasingly polarized way that people socialize only with others that agree with them.

I know many.

Really? Good for you.

Nope. Some of my friends are in higher crime areas.

I know many.

Really? Good for you.

You ever ASK them if they have ever used their guns in self defense?

I know many.

Really? Good for you.

Yes.

I know many.

Really? Good for you.

Yes.

Well, statistics work like that. I might know two, you might not know any, someone else might know 6.

I know many.

Really? Good for you.

Yes.

Well, statistics work like that. I might know two, you might not know any, someone else might know 6.

There isn't a statistic. Most of them are a myth. They aren't supported by any real statistic.

The shooter must be found and tried for his stupid results of the shooting. CCW and reckless shooting are not get out of jail free cards. We are responsible for what we do.

Some time in prison would help.
You don't think this sounds like an honest accident?
Since when you or I are not responsible for the consequences of our accidents?

Really? Good for you.

Yes.

There isn't a statistic. Most of them are a myth. They aren't supported by any real statistic.

Then how do you know they are a myth if, as you claim, there are not any hard numbers on them?

Shoot a member of my or your family by accident and expect no punishment? You all are crazy to excuse it as an accident.

The shooter must be found and tried for his stupid results of the shooting. CCW and reckless shooting are not get out of jail free cards. We are responsible for what we do.

Mmmm, well, for one, since some one else might be responsible.

If you slip and fall on an icy sidewalk, are you to be held "responsible"? Or the person responsible for clearing the sidewalk of ice?

Yes.

Then how do you know they are a myth if, as you claim, there are not any hard numbers on them?

I did not say all are a myth. Well we know there are about 230 criminals shot and killed in defense each year. Then there are 50 or so stories that make the news each year. They happen, but not in any significant numbers.

If you slip and fall on an icy sidewalk, are you to be held "responsible"? Or the person responsible for clearing the sidewalk of ice?

This is more a person gets pushed and falls. Yes the pusher is responsible.

Yes.

I did not say all are a myth. Well we know there are about 230 criminals shot and killed in defense each year. Then there are 50 or so stories that make the news each year. They happen, but not in any significant numbers.

You stated that "most of them are a myth".

How do you know that if there are no "real statistics"?

The number of criminals shot and killed obviously leaves out the number of criminals shot and wounded, and the number of times that criminals were deterred with just the presence of a gun.

When you said that "none" of your carry friends have defended themselves, were you only counting the ones that shot and killed criminals in self defense, or all of those that used a gun, in any fashion to defend themselves from a crime?

Who created the dangerous situation of a "icy sidewalk/violent crime" in the two situations?

The number of criminals shot and killed obviously leaves out the number of criminals shot and wounded, and the number of times that criminals were deterred with just the presence of a gun.

When you said that "none" of your carry friends have defended themselves, were you only counting the ones that shot and killed criminals in self defense, or all of those that used a gun, in any fashion to defend themselves from a crime?

Well some people claim millions each year. those numbers aren't even mathematically possible based on current crime rates and ownership rates. So if somebody thinks there are millions, than most of those are a myth.

Who created the dangerous situation of a "icy sidewalk/violent crime" in the two situations?

The pusher and the shooter.

Well some people claim millions each year. those numbers aren't even mathematically possible based on current crime rates and ownership rates. So if somebody thinks there are millions, than most of those are a myth.

Any fashion obviously.

The pusher and the shooter.

Shooter didn't create the crime. The carjackers did that.

Why do you want to give them a pass for the results of the crime they committed?

You as generous with slumlords who don't clean their sidewalks?

False equivalency. The shooter had no cover of law if he shot the wrong person. Then he fled. Stupid.

Forum List

Back