"Good guy" with gun shoots car jacking victim, then flees.

When you said that "none" of your carry friends have defended themselves, were you only counting the ones that shot and killed criminals in self defense, or all of those that used a gun, in any fashion to defend themselves from a crime?

Any fashion obviously.

"Obviously"? It is the exact opposite of obvious.

YOu have set the standard for everyone else to only count, as defensive uses, those that shoot and kill the criminal(s) in question.

Indeed, it is odd that you would use a different standard for what you count as defensive uses with your friends than you use for the issue at large.

Where did I say that? Have you lost your mind?

Your words.

"Well we know there are about 230 criminals shot and killed in defense each year. Then there are 50 or so stories that make the news each year. They happen, but not in any significant numbers."

Yes I was stating what we know. I didn't state those are the only ones.

Stop your lying.

YOu used that number to base your conclusion "They happen, but not in any significant numbers".

Well some people claim millions each year. those numbers aren't even mathematically possible based on current crime rates and ownership rates. So if somebody thinks there are millions, than most of those are a myth.

When you said that "none" of your carry friends have defended themselves, were you only counting the ones that shot and killed criminals in self defense, or all of those that used a gun, in any fashion to defend themselves from a crime?

Here is a study of actual confirmed defenses:
Analysis of Five Years of Armed Encounters (With Data Tables)

34% ended with death of criminal.

Numbers collected from the Armed Citizen?

Which would self select OUT all the relatively boring examples where the brandishing of a gun convinced the thugs to move on.

Do you have another study that states how often a criminal is shot and killed?

Why would I care about how often a criminal is shot and killed?

That's the bar YOU set.

Me? I care about how often innocent Citizens protect themselves.

Because those are done in defense obviously.

Any fashion obviously.

YOu have set the standard for everyone else to only count, as defensive uses, those that shoot and kill the criminal(s) in question.

Indeed, it is odd that you would use a different standard for what you count as defensive uses with your friends than you use for the issue at large.

Your words.

"Well we know there are about 230 criminals shot and killed in defense each year. Then there are 50 or so stories that make the news each year. They happen, but not in any significant numbers."

Stop your lying.

YOu used that number to base your conclusion "They happen, but not in any significant numbers".

Yes not in significant numbers, I didn't put a number on it. You are dense.

Which would self select OUT all the relatively boring examples where the brandishing of a gun convinced the thugs to move on.

That's the bar YOU set.

LIke I said, I care about how often innocent Citizens protect themselves.

Your words.

Stop your lying.

NO, you're lying.

You made your claim and you are playing games instead of supporting it.

Guns-Save-Lives.jpg

That's the bar YOU set.

LIke I said, I care about how often innocent Citizens protect themselves.

And what number do you put on that?

Your words.

Stop your lying.

NO, you're lying.

You are the one lying and making things up. Where did I put a number on it?

Really? Good for you.

Do you live in a very low crime area?

Nope. Some of my friends are in higher crime areas.

You ever ASK them if they have ever used their guns in self defense?

Yes.

Well, statistics work like that. I might know two, you might not know any, someone else might know 6.

There isn't a statistic. Most of them are a myth. They aren't supported by any real statistic.
Keep on lying, you have been linked to dozens of studies with methodology included that PROVE you are either a liar or to stupid to read.

Nope. Some of my friends are in higher crime areas.

Yes.

Well, statistics work like that. I might know two, you might not know any, someone else might know 6.

There isn't a statistic. Most of them are a myth. They aren't supported by any real statistic.
Keep on lying, you have been linked to dozens of studies with methodology included that PROVE you are either a liar or to stupid to read.

There are lots of studies with a huge range of results.

Your words.

Stop your lying.

NO, you're lying.

You have been linked to DOZENS of studies and research that prove that the number is between 750,000 a year to several million. You are just to STUPID to read them.

Yes.

There are lots of studies with a huge range of results.

ROFL! OH YEAH! You're an obtuse dumbass.

I knew there was a good reason that I slapped your ass in ignore.

Talk the FBI then asshat. It's their number. If memory serves, their study concluded that it came down to a gun being used in self defense every 41 seconds.

I've never heard of the FBI study on dgus, please share.

Stop your lying.

NO, you're lying.

You have been linked to DOZENS of studies and research that prove that the number is between 750,000 a year to several million. You are just to STUPID to read them.

Well most of those are very old and put in todays numbers would be 30% less. The largest study by the ncvs says 108k.

Stop your lying.

NO, you're lying.

You mean I'm too smart to believe every poorly done survey. Using ownership and current crimes rates it isn't even mathematically possible for there to be millions.

Poor Sallow -- SO eager to illustrate her hatred for the idea that people can legally carry guns and then legally kill others while doing so.
:dunno:

You often get gender wrong Shooter?

Maybe that's why your "girlfriend" has a dick and shaves.

Forum List

Back