"Good guy" with gun shoots car jacking victim, then flees.

Considering his reckless behavior, ie shooting into a physical altercation, I think that would be a reasonable punishment.

Indeed, i would support going as far as to take await his carry permit.

But the anti-gun nuts, the anti-self defense nuts, they would want to put him in jail for a long time in order to make a political point.

Considering his reckless behavior, ie shooting into a physical altercation, I think that would be a reasonable punishment.

But the anti-gun nuts, the anti-self defense nuts, they would want to put him in jail for a long time in order to make a political point.
He should go to jail. If it's illegal to flee from harming someone with a vehicle it should be illegal to flee from harming someone period.

That isn't a number...

Sure it is. It's a general number, and you used it to base your conclusion.

Stop using semantics to lie.

Why do you hold a position that you have to purposefully lie about in order to defend it?

You are the one lying and making things up.

So what is your number?

I already told you. A lot more than you think.

I see so you want to lie and avoid answering questions. Let me know when you grow up.

Hey, I haven't seen you post credible numbers on how many defensive gun uses there are a year.

The largest study was done by the NCVS and arrived at about 108k per year.

He should go to jail. If it's illegal to flee from harming someone with a vehicle it should be illegal to flee from harming someone period.

How long do you want him in jail for trying to help and instead accidentally hurting someone?

I'm sure the guy will also sue him.

Sure it is. It's a general number, and you used it to base your conclusion.

Stop using semantics to lie.

Why do you hold a position that you have to purposefully lie about in order to defend it?

So what is your number?

I see so you want to lie and avoid answering questions. Let me know when you grow up.

Hey, I haven't seen you post credible numbers on how many defensive gun uses there are a year.

Link and explain why you think that is the best study.

How long do you want him in jail for trying to help and instead accidentally hurting someone?
The same period of time he'd spend if a vehicle was his weapon.

So, you admit that you want to put in him jail for a long time to make a political point.

FInally some honestly.

That would make him a political prisoner of course.

As a hit and run?

But Hit and Run drivers don't have a huge political movement aimed at railroading them to jail and denying them a fair trial.

Shouldn't that be taken into consideration?

I hope he gets caught and loses his gun.

As a hit and run?

But Hit and Run drivers don't have a huge political movement aimed at railroading them to jail and denying them a fair trial.

No. The guy shot someone in the head and fled the scene. That is bad behavior and is more than likely illegal.

So what is your number?

INJURYPREV : Injury Prevention

It is a survey of 90k households. Other surveys are far too small to be accurate.

As a hit and run?

No. The guy shot someone in the head and fled the scene. That is bad behavior and is more than likely illegal.

I disagree. The fact that he would be unlikely to get a Fair and Impartial Trial needs to be considered as a mitigating factor in his flight.

So, you admit that you want to put in him jail for a long time to make a political point.

FInally some honestly.

That would make him a political prisoner of course.

Again you make no sense. There is no jail time if the guy sues him. I'm not sure how much jail time there is for negligent use of firearm and fleeing scene of crime.

It is a survey of 90k households. Other surveys are far too small to be accurate.

Really? Plenty of the other surveys I have heard about have sounded large enough to be considered.

ANd 108k a year is hardly " but not in any significant numbers"."

Really? Plenty of the other surveys I have heard about have sounded large enough to be considered.

108k is >13x the number of gun-related murders.

5k is the largest other study I have heard of. And that study has been debunked many times over.

108k is a big number. I don't think it does anything however to lower crime. Criminals are not shot or arrested and most of the time the attempted crime isn't even reported. So that is what I mean by not significant, it doesn't effect crime rates. Studies show many defenses aren't even lawful.

As a hit and run?

I disagree. The fact that he would be unlikely to get a Fair and Impartial Trial needs to be considered as a mitigating factor in his flight.
That's silly. The guy shot someone in the head and fled the scene. He should get the same fair and impartial trial that everyone else gets that commits an offense.

You seem to want to excuse him because "gun nuts" and that's bullshit.

108k is >13x the number of gun-related murders.

And only 1/6 of gun related crime.

Forum List

Back