"Good guy" with gun shoots car jacking victim, then flees.

LOL!! So you want him prosecuted but you don't want him to do a lot of time?

REally? For shooting some guy in the head?

I find that hard to believe, of you.

I have no idea how much time someone gets for negligent use of firearm and fleeing crime like I said. The law determines how much he gets.

I did not ask you any of that. I asked you how much you WANTED him to get.

No you made a wild claim that I wanted him to get a long sentence. I want him to get what the law says. Again, no idea what that is.

Um, yeah, I don't believe you, and I could very well believe that the shooter would not believe you either.

If he is caught and he says he ran because he was afraid he would not get a fair trial, that should be considered a mitigating circumstance.

You don't believe me based on what? Grow up.

You realize this happened in Texas right?

Your well displayed anti-gun bias.

Texas, so what?

I hope the victim is ok.

I hope the shooter is not found. Poor guy tried to help, has to realize that the libs would love to make an example of him.

Be great if the courts punish the car jackers for the injury.

:beer:
This is one more reason why I strongly advocate serious training for anyone who wishes to carry a firearm. I'm talking about situational training, not marksmanship. Knowing when to shoot, not how to shoot.

And you just put a large hurdle between the American people and their Right to Self Defense.

I have no idea how much time someone gets for negligent use of firearm and fleeing crime like I said. The law determines how much he gets.

No you made a wild claim that I wanted him to get a long sentence. I want him to get what the law says. Again, no idea what that is.

Um, yeah, I don't believe you, and I could very well believe that the shooter would not believe you either.

If he is caught and he says he ran because he was afraid he would not get a fair trial, that should be considered a mitigating circumstance.

Texas, so what?

Really? And what have I proposed that is anti gun?

Texas isn't exactly anti gun.

I hope the victim is ok.

I hope the shooter is not found. Poor guy tried to help, has to realize that the libs would love to make an example of him.

Be great if the courts punish the car jackers for the injury.

:beer:
This is one more reason why I strongly advocate serious training for anyone who wishes to carry a firearm. I'm talking about situational training, not marksmanship. Knowing when to shoot, not how to shoot.

And you just put a large hurdle between the American people and their Right to Self Defense.
He wasn't defending himself moron.

Texas, so what?

"Proposals"? I made no claim of anti-gun proposals. Please try again. Or better yet, don't even try to deny it.

Texas? Are we talking about the real world Texas that has plenty of lib dems in it, or the fantasy one of the Far Left?

Texas, so what?

"Proposals"? I made no claim of anti-gun proposals. Please try again. Or better yet, don't even try to deny it.

Texas? Are we talking about the real world Texas that has plenty of lib dems in it, or the fantasy one of the Far Left?

What have I said that is anti gun? You just make things up.

We are talking texas. Not a liberal state.

Texas, so what?

Don't be silly.

And not being a liberal state doesn't mean there won't be some liberal(s) around, or even imported by the Feds to railroad someone who can be used to advance the agenda.

Texas, so what?

Don't be silly.

And not being a liberal state doesn't mean there won't be some liberal(s) around, or even imported by the Feds to railroad someone who can be used to advance the agenda.

Specifically what have I said that is anti gun?

It is texas, stop being silly.

No. The guy shot someone in the head and fled the scene. That is bad behavior and is more than likely illegal.

I disagree. The fact that he would be unlikely to get a Fair and Impartial Trial needs to be considered as a mitigating factor in his flight.
That's silly. The guy shot someone in the head and fled the scene. He should get the same fair and impartial trial that everyone else gets that commits an offense.

You seem to want to excuse him because "gun nuts" and that's bullshit.

Depending on the local political scene, he might. Or he might not.

"Excuse"? No, I want to cut him some slack for running because of "anti-gun nuts".

Because it is a reasonable fear that he would be the target of a lynch mob.
It's people like you that make "anti-gun nuts" exist.
Hardly.
Anti-gun loons are those that want more gun control but can argue only from emotion, ignorance and/or dishonesty - like. oh, you.
No one makes these people do this; they choose to do so -- and so, anti-gun loons exist because they want to..
You are the one arguing from emotion.

A hurdle, yes. But not all that large. I've taken such a training course but in spite of that and my pristine background the State of New Jersey still will not issue a carry permit. That is what is standing between me and my right to bear arms. The training was a minor inconvenience -- but very worthwhile. I learned a great deal from it.

Few of us are so fortunate as to live in the wide open spaces. Most parts of this Nation have become extremely crowded and living in these densely packed places has, because of the rules of Law which attend them, become rather complicated. Becoming involved in a situation which might result in the use of a gun calls for some extremely important conditioned reflexes, which is what a well-structured training course will initiate.

Using a gun often occurs during a situation in which there isn't time to adequately think things over. If one doesn't have a pre-conscious reference for the proper action the chance of making a mistake is greatly enhanced.

Before you may legally drive (own) a car you must be trained not only in how to properly use it but in the rules of the road. Requiring some essential training does not prevent one from driving (owning) a car -- or carrying a gun. It just makes our crowded world safer.

A hurdle, yes. But not all that large. I've taken such a training course but in spite of that and my pristine background the State of New Jersey still will not issue a carry permit. That is what is standing between me and my right to bear arms. The training was a minor inconvenience -- but very worthwhile. I learned a great deal from it.

Few of us are so fortunate as to live in the wide open spaces. Most parts of this Nation have become extremely crowded and living in these densely packed places has, because of the rules of Law which attend them, become rather complicated. Becoming involved in a situation which might result in the use of a gun calls for some extremely important conditioned reflexes, which is what a well-structured training course will initiate.

Using a gun often occurs during a situation in which there isn't time to adequately think things over. If one doesn't have a pre-conscious reference for the proper action the chance of making a mistake is greatly enhanced.

Before you may legally drive (own) a car you must be trained not only in how to properly use it but in the rules of the road. Requiring some essential training does not prevent one from driving (owning) a car -- or carrying a gun. It just makes our crowded world safer.
False equivalence. Cars dont kill people.......oh wait.

Becoming involved in a situation which might result in the use of a gun calls for sitting at home minding your own business when some crack head starts kicking in your door.

You don't need training to know that the crack head with a knife kicking in your door is a bad guy and needs to be "deterred".

Requiring such training will mean that some of the little old ladies that are sitting at home when this occurs will not have a gun they might otherwise have had.

AND anti-guns nuts will take any "reasonable" training requirements and pump it up every chance they get until they put guns out of the reach of all except the rich and powerful, or the criminal class.

Well most defensive gun uses are a myth. We do however know who gets shot and killed, by far the owner.

Breaking news: Person most likely to be killed in a car accident is the owner of the car.

You really are a moron. Brain? More like lack of a brain.

AND anti-guns nuts will take any "reasonable" training requirements and pump it up every chance they get until they put guns out of the reach of all except the rich and powerful, or the criminal class.
Exactly how will these "anti-gun nuts" pump up a simple training requirement to put guns out of the reach of ordinary citizens? How?

If your concern is being able to afford attending a training course, if such courses were widely required they could be made available for a relatively small fee, or they could be federally subsidized. In any case, if one can afford the price of a handgun the price of a required training course would not add substantially to it.

I paid for my course, $44.50, (even though it didn't help me obtain a CCW in New Jersey) and I am by no means wealthy. The fee for the four hour course was $40, plus $4.50 for fifty .38 wad-cutter cartridges.

Last edited:

If someone is that paranoid maybe it's best they don't own, let alone carry a firearm. The victim had already been carjacked and the suspects were driving away when the shots were fired. I don't think self defense of himself or the victim could be applied here. He clearly realized his actions weren't lawful. This turd makes the rest of us (gun owners) look bad. Exercising your right "to keep and bear arms" also comes with great responsibilities.

What do cars have to do with guns?
Cars and the requirements for legally driving them are analogous to guns and legally carrying them. Both are very dangerous mechanisms which require extensive knowledge to safely, and lawfully, make use of them.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back