"Good guy" with gun shoots car jacking victim, then flees.

Considering his reckless behavior, ie shooting into a physical altercation, I think that would be a reasonable punishment.

Indeed, i would support going as far as to take await his carry permit.

But the anti-gun nuts, the anti-self defense nuts, they would want to put him in jail for a long time in order to make a political point.

I'm sure the guy will also sue him.

So, you admit that you want to put in him jail for a long time to make a political point.

FInally some honestly.

That would make him a political prisoner of course.

Again you make no sense. There is no jail time if the guy sues him. I'm not sure how much jail time there is for negligent use of firearm and fleeing scene of crime.

And again you use semantic games to lie.

Or was the word "also" above a huge typo?

Oh, and then you discuss the fact that, in your opinion, "negligent use of firearm and fleeing scene of crime" which you don't know how much "jail time there is for".

So, why were you pretending to be confused when I mentioned "jail time".

Hey, I haven't seen you post credible numbers on how many defensive gun uses there are a year.

The largest study was done by the NCVS and arrived at about 108k per year.

Link and explain why you think that is the best study.
INJURYPREV : Injury Prevention

It is a survey of 90k households. Other surveys are far too small to be accurate.

Really? Plenty of the other surveys I have heard about have sounded large enough to be considered.

ANd 108k a year is hardly " but not in any significant numbers"."
108k is >13x the number of gun-related murders.

With about 230.000 guns stolen each year, gun owners are arming twice as many criminals as they are stopping crimes.

I hope he gets caught and loses his gun.

Considering his reckless behavior, ie shooting into a physical altercation, I think that would be a reasonable punishment.

But the anti-gun nuts, the anti-self defense nuts, they would want to put him in jail for a long time in order to make a political point.

So, you admit that you want to put in him jail for a long time to make a political point.

FInally some honestly.

Again you make no sense. There is no jail time if the guy sues him. I'm not sure how much jail time there is for negligent use of firearm and fleeing scene of crime.

Oh, and then you discuss the fact that, in your opinion, "negligent use of firearm and fleeing scene of crime" which you don't know how much "jail time there is for".

You claimed I want him in jail for a long time. That is completely false. I have not said anything other than he should be prosecuted. Stop lying.

Hey, I haven't seen you post credible numbers on how many defensive gun uses there are a year.

It is a survey of 90k households. Other surveys are far too small to be accurate.

Really? Plenty of the other surveys I have heard about have sounded large enough to be considered.

Yeah, I was wondering why he kept pretending is was an insignificant number.

That's silly. The guy shot someone in the head and fled the scene. He should get the same fair and impartial trial that everyone else gets that commits an offense.
What offense did he commit?
He behaved recklessly with a firearm. He shot someone in the head. He fled the scene.
So... you have no clue as to the specific charge, just "something".
Why do you argue from ignorance?

Yeah, I was wondering why he kept pretending is was an insignificant number.
108k is also about 1/3 the number of all gun-related crimes.

FInally some honestly.

You claimed I want him in jail for a long time. That is completely false. I have not said anything other than he should be prosecuted. Stop lying.

LOL!! So you want him prosecuted but you don't want him to do a lot of time?

REally? For shooting some guy in the head?

I find that hard to believe, of you.

FInally some honestly.

I have no idea how much time someone gets for negligent use of firearm and fleeing crime like I said. The law determines how much he gets.

How long do you want him in jail for trying to help and instead accidentally hurting someone?
The same period of time he'd spend if a vehicle was his weapon.

As a hit and run?

But Hit and Run drivers don't have a huge political movement aimed at railroading them to jail and denying them a fair trial.

Shouldn't that be taken into consideration?
No. The guy shot someone in the head and fled the scene. That is bad behavior and is more than likely illegal.

I disagree. The fact that he would be unlikely to get a Fair and Impartial Trial needs to be considered as a mitigating factor in his flight.
That's silly. The guy shot someone in the head and fled the scene. He should get the same fair and impartial trial that everyone else gets that commits an offense.

You seem to want to excuse him because "gun nuts" and that's bullshit.

Depending on the local political scene, he might. Or he might not.

"Excuse"? No, I want to cut him some slack for running because of "anti-gun nuts".

Because it is a reasonable fear that he would be the target of a lynch mob.

FInally some honestly.

I have no idea how much time someone gets for negligent use of firearm and fleeing crime like I said. The law determines how much he gets.

I did not ask you any of that. I asked you how much you WANTED him to get.

No you made a wild claim that I wanted him to get a long sentence. I want him to get what the law says. Again, no idea what that is.

The same period of time he'd spend if a vehicle was his weapon.

As a hit and run?

But Hit and Run drivers don't have a huge political movement aimed at railroading them to jail and denying them a fair trial.

No. The guy shot someone in the head and fled the scene. That is bad behavior and is more than likely illegal.

I disagree. The fact that he would be unlikely to get a Fair and Impartial Trial needs to be considered as a mitigating factor in his flight.

"Excuse"? No, I want to cut him some slack for running because of "anti-gun nuts".

It's people like you that make "anti-gun nuts" exist.

As a hit and run?

It's people like you that make "anti-gun nuts" exist.
Hardly.
Anti-gun loons are those that want more gun control but can argue only from emotion, ignorance and/or dishonesty - like. oh, you.
No one makes these people do this; they choose to do so -- and so, anti-gun loons exist because they want to..

No you made a wild claim that I wanted him to get a long sentence. I want him to get what the law says. Again, no idea what that is.

Um, yeah, I don't believe you, and I could very well believe that the shooter would not believe you either.

If he is caught and he says he ran because he was afraid he would not get a fair trial, that should be considered a mitigating circumstance.

Um, yeah, I don't believe you, and I could very well believe that the shooter would not believe you either.

If he is caught and he says he ran because he was afraid he would not get a fair trial, that should be considered a mitigating circumstance.

You don't believe me based on what? Grow up.

You realize this happened in Texas right?

I hope the victim is ok.

I hope the shooter is not found. Poor guy tried to help, has to realize that the libs would love to make an example of him.

Be great if the courts punish the car jackers for the injury.

:beer:
This is one more reason why I strongly advocate serious training for anyone who wishes to carry a firearm. I'm talking about situational training, not marksmanship. Knowing when to shoot, not how to shoot.

THat is not what you initially claimed.
You stated Concealed Carry caused crime here.
The carjackers were not, as far as we know, "motivated" by concealed carry.
Told you he'd only lie to you.
Don;t take the bait.

Well, you are correct. He did lie.

Oh really? And what was the lie specifically?

When you shifted cause from "concealed carry" to the "car jackers" and tried to pretend you were supporting your earlier claim.

You don't even make sense.
Corrall is slow witted. He gets focused on things only he sees and cant let it go.

I hope the victim is ok.

I hope the shooter is not found. Poor guy tried to help, has to realize that the libs would love to make an example of him.

Be great if the courts punish the car jackers for the injury.

:beer:
This is one more reason why I strongly advocate serious training for anyone who wishes to carry a firearm. I'm talking about situational training, not marksmanship. Knowing when to shoot, not how to shoot.
When did carrying a weapon suddenly make you a deputy? Is it legal for someone with a CCW to run around shooting people because he "thinks" something is going on? I thought it was only for self defense?

Forum List

Back