Good news for civil rights: Supreme Court strikes down Trump-era bump stock ban

marvin martian

Diamond Member
Sep 29, 2020
Texas Hill Country
This was one of Trump's mistakes, and I'm glad to see the SCOTUS killed it.

"SHALL NOT INFRINGE" means exactly what it sounds like.

Well done!

The Supreme Court delivered a sharp rebuke of executive overreach on Friday, delivering its decision to overturn the Trump-era bump stock ban.

One of the devices was used during a mass shooting in Las Vegas in 2017. A ban was then put into effect by the ATF under the supposed power of the 1934 National Firearms Act with the argument being that a bump stock transformed a semi-automatic rifle into a "machine gun."

I argued this when he enacted it. It will be curious to see what if anything Trump has to say about it.

Well done!

The Supreme Court delivered a sharp rebuke of executive overreach on Friday, delivering its decision to overturn the Trump-era bump stock ban.

One of the devices was used during a mass shooting in Las Vegas in 2017. A ban was then put into effect by the ATF under the supposed power of the 1934 National Firearms Act with the argument being that a bump stock transformed a semi-automatic rifle into a "machine gun."

This is great news for anybody who suddenly finds themselves in a position where they want to kill a lot of people

Alito told congress to change the law about machine guns.
He basically gave them the go ahead to ban them.
"but muh conservative activist supreme court DERP"

This is great news for anybody who suddenly finds themselves in a position where they want to kill a lot of people
It's a great ruling against agency overreach.

Want to put a pond on your property but don't want the EPA to fashion a new "wetlands" rule out of thin air just for you then this was a huge victory against such overreach.

I like how this court is all about placing the power to do such things where they belong Constitutionally. Abortion? States issue, Bump stocks? Congress…

Alito told congress to change the law about machine guns.
He basically gave them the go ahead to ban them.
"but muh conservative activist supreme court DERP"
That's worse in the eyes of the politicians....They don't want to put in any work that does not get them reelected, much less go through the process required to alter a law.

Well done!

Trump appointed the 3 Justices who voted to end it….if Hilary had won her democrat party judges would have upheld the ATF unConstitutional ban

Well done!

Were it only that all of Trump's unforced errors would be so easily undone.

Forum List

Back