Goodbye Sessions lol. How far does this go?

Le sigh. Y'all Trump defenders are in high gear.

Here's what was asked of Sessions and how he responded:

Leahy: "Have you been in contact with anyone connected to any part of the Russian government about the 2016 election, either before or after election day?"

Sessions: "No."

This could mean Sessions talked about anything other than Trump's campaign, which is possible. But we're relying solely on his word, and the Russian ambassador he spoke to is reportedly a spy. This is not a smoking gun, but it is smoke.

Franken: "But if it's true, it's obviously extremely serious and if there is any evidence that anyone affiliated with the Trump campaign communicated with the Russian government in the course of this campaign, what will you do?"

Sessions: "Senator Franken, I'm not aware of any of those activities. I have been called a surrogate at a time or two in that campaign and I didn't have — did not have communications with the Russians, and I'm unable to comment on it."

Here, Sessions clearly lied. Franken asked about "anyone associated" with Trump's campaign (which Sessions was by this point) having spoken to the Russian (which Sessions did). Yet Sessions clearly said he did not speak to Russians. There really is no other answer: Sessions lied.

Now, you can blame Obama for this and Hillary for that, but what the Dems did or did not do has no bearing to what Sessions said here. You can say Sessions was working in his capacity as a senator (which could explain the first comment), but that doesn't explain why he lied. And if he simply forgot about meeting a Russian ambassador when asked about meeting a Russian ambassador, then he probably doesn't have the mental fortitude needed to be the Attorney General.

you can reference facts until you turn purple, and the Russian loving Trumpbots won't ever accept them.

they have become Cossaks loyal to their homeland, Russia.

Your seething anger over losing the election is noted. Why did Dem strongholds in PA, MI, and WI choose Trump over Hillary? You can't blame Putin for that. :laugh:

The thing is, it doesn't matter what it appears he talked to them about. He said he hadn't talked to the Russians, when if it was innocent conversations all he had to do was explain himself. Him lying, then backing up his lies by saying the reports are lies, just tells me his meetings were not innocent ones.
According to the article, Sessions was asked in his confirmation hearing about meetings with the Trump campaign, not meetings that were the normal condition of his job in the Senate.

Your lying tells me you are biased....... but we already knew that.
What kind of "normal condition of his job in the Senate" would require him to have a private meeting with the Russian ambassador?
Although I agree the questions at the confirmation hearing were about discussions involving the campaign, and it is perfectly possible that Sessions was answering honestly, he needs to explain that meeting. If he hasn't already.
It's my understanding he met with a bunch of ambassadors. I don;t know why this would be surprising.
I wish I had more details, but ONE meeting was a private meeting in his office with Ambassador whats-his-name. The OTHER meeting was with a bunch of ambassadors. The private meeting is the one I'd like him to explain.
why, was it while he was a senator? you don't get to then

I'm still looking for the ballots that were cast by russia. any yous got that yet?

Why can't someone just ASK him what that meeting was about? I don't think the way the questions were posed that he was lying. The context was anyone speaking to the Russians about the campaign.

Why can't someone just ASK him what that meeting was about? I don't think the way the questions were posed that he was lying. The context was anyone speaking to the Russians about the campaign.
why, it has no relevance to the campaign since he was a senator. WTF is wrong with you?

The thing is, it doesn't matter what it appears he talked to them about. He said he hadn't talked to the Russians, when if it was innocent conversations all he had to do was explain himself. Him lying, then backing up his lies by saying the reports are lies, just tells me his meetings were not innocent ones.
According to the article, Sessions was asked in his confirmation hearing about meetings with the Trump campaign, not meetings that were the normal condition of his job in the Senate.

What kind of "normal condition of his job in the Senate" would require him to have a private meeting with the Russian ambassador?
Although I agree the questions at the confirmation hearing were about discussions involving the campaign, and it is perfectly possible that Sessions was answering honestly, he needs to explain that meeting. If he hasn't already.
It's my understanding he met with a bunch of ambassadors. I don;t know why this would be surprising.
I wish I had more details, but ONE meeting was a private meeting in his office with Ambassador whats-his-name. The OTHER meeting was with a bunch of ambassadors. The private meeting is the one I'd like him to explain.
Wouldn't it shut everyone up if they knew what it was about?
The longer they let this build, the more exaggerated it will become.

First meeting was in a very public setting with many foreign ambassadors in attendance at a Heritage Foundation event.

Second meeting had to do with his position as a senior on the Armed Services Committee. And most importantly the Justice Department found no evidence of wrong doing.

The Democrats at this point in time appear to be foaming at the mouth rabid losers. I truly feel sorry for all those still loyal to the party witnessing the D's self destruct.

As you can see from this quote, Sessions was just doing his day job. Geeze louise he looks like the Keebler Elf not 007.

Here you go:

"The Justice Department confirmed Wednesday that Sessions twice had conversations last year with Ambassador Sergey Kislyak but said they were related to his role as a senator and member of the Armed Services Committee."

Trump Says Sessions Has His Full Confidence as Questions Mount

I'm book marking this thread so I can mock franco later when Sessions remains the AG. The desperation on the left is hilarious, poor libs :itsok:

Sessions will be #20 ..

Trump’s National Security Adviser Michael Flynn, who resigned on Monday due to his role in the Trump-Russia scandal, it turns out Flynn is just one of nineteen of Donald Trump’s White House staff and advisors have been fired or resigned this week – and the list is growing by the day

19 ... nineteen ...fired or quit ... NINETEEN

Sessions said he didn't have meetings with Russians in the confirmation hearing. Now he's saying he did but the meeting was abut other stuff.

So he didn't have contact with them except he did.
well you need the question he was asked. got that?

You need a point. Got that?
well it depends what they asked and his answer. Don't you think? if the word campaign was in the question, then his answer is spot on. what's wrong with you that you don't even know that?

I know so go get the questions, stop playing the "if" game and show what he said and defend it. Or dont.

why, it has no relevance to the campaign since he was a senator. WTF is wrong with you?
I'm half arguing your side, retard. You ought to be grateful. He was a senator while he was working for the campaign. That's why they didn't replace him until after the inauguration. If everyone else can ask, so can I.

but he wasn't part of the campaign so why does it matter? trump was going to lose remember? all the tV folks laughing their asses off. who's laughing now?

I'm book marking this thread so I can mock franco later when Sessions remains the AG. The desperation on the left is hilarious, poor libs :itsok:

Sessions will be #20 ..

Trump’s National Security Adviser Michael Flynn, who resigned on Monday due to his role in the Trump-Russia scandal, it turns out Flynn is just one of nineteen of Donald Trump’s White House staff and advisors have been fired or resigned this week – and the list is growing by the day

19 ... nineteen ...fired or quit ... NINETEEN

Franco is that you? :laugh:

Oh look a squirrel. This Asian tool is a hoot. IMG_0174.JPG

Leahy: "Have you been in contact with anyone connected to any part of the Russian government about the 2016 election, either before or after election day?"

This could mean Sessions talked about anything other than Trump's campaign, which is possible. But we're relying solely on his word, and the Russian ambassador he spoke to is reportedly a spy. This is not a smoking gun, but it is smoke.

Franken: "But if it's true, it's obviously extremely serious and if there is any evidence that anyone affiliated with the Trump campaign communicated with the Russian government in the course of this campaign, what will you do?"

Sessions: "Senator Franken, I'm not aware of any of those activities. I have been called a surrogate at a time or two in that campaign and I didn't have — did not have communications with the Russians, and I'm unable to comment on it."

Here, Sessions clearly lied. Franken asked about "anyone associated" with Trump's campaign (which Sessions was by this point) having spoken to the Russian (which Sessions did). Yet Sessions clearly said he did not speak to Russians. There really is no other answer: Sessions lied.

Now, you can blame Obama for this and Hillary for that, but what the Dems did or did not do has no bearing to what Sessions said here. You can say Sessions was working in his capacity as a senator (which could explain the first comment), but that doesn't explain why he lied. And if he simply forgot about meeting a Russian ambassador when asked about meeting a Russian ambassador, then he probably doesn't have the mental fortitude needed to be the Attorney General.

you can reference facts until you turn purple, and the Russian loving Trumpbots won't ever accept them.

Your seething anger over losing the election is noted. Why did Dem strongholds in PA, MI, and WI choose Trump over Hillary? You can't blame Putin for that. :laugh:
Aaaaand you completely ignore the facts and even point of this thread to bring up something completely unrelated. Thank you for clearly communicating that you have no way to defend Sessions and Trump. Next!

I'm half arguing your side, retard. You ought to be grateful. He was a senator while he was working for the campaign. That's why they didn't replace him until after the inauguration. If everyone else can ask, so can I.
I don't need you. the point is mute since session was a sitting senator and not part of the campaign. your throwing darts at water.

Aaaaand you completely ignore the facts and even point of this thread to bring up something completely unrelated. Thank you for clearly communicating that you have no way to defend Sessions and Trump. Next!
your asking us to defend nothing. there is nothing, there defended.

but he wasn't part of the campaign so why does it matter? trump was going to lose remember? all the tV folks laughing their asses off. who's laughing now?
The republicans and everyone in the Trump ad. ARE NOT laughing now.

Analysis | It’s now political suicide for Republicans if they don’t call for deeper investigations on Russia

I'm still looking for the ballots that were cast by russia. any yous got that yet?

The libs cannot explain why their own base in PA, MI, and WI abandoned them and voted for Trump. Let them foam at the mouth about Russia, they just look like sour puss sore losers.

God forbid people do their jobs, how dare they, the Dems never do their jobs, they spend their waking hour opening up money envelopes for all their "foundations".
View attachment 114966
The deeper in shit Trumpie sinks into the Russian quagmire the faster the tools run to CLINTON. Too funny for words.

Forum List

Back