GOOGLE officially ignores U.S. Memorial Day again

Moderation Message:

Those of you with deleted posts need to remember the Zone2 rule to stay on topic
and include relevant content in each post. I'm moving this to Current Events because it
is NOT and SHOULD NOT be political. Especially today.

flacaltenn

I thought the giant Rubik's Cube was asinine. I think all the banner doodles are asinine.
I don't go to google to play with a Rubik's Cube . I go to google to search for a web page that will let me play with a Rubik's Cube.

All I want from google is a textbox, a pushbutton, and a list of results.

The rest of this is asinine. All of it. Asinine.
That's on you. I think you are in the minority though. The 'service' of the graphic is something that I think Google has done very well. Simplistic, not in the way of your searches, not glaring and goddy and very elegantly done. I, quite frankly, find the graphics interesting. not because they add flavor but rather because they add some interesting information. the graphics themselves are almost always linked to a fact sheet that explains what it is representing. There are quite a few interesting fact that have been brought up as a result of me wondering what the hell the graphic was representing.

It is interesting that they chose not to do the 'standard' with memorial day. It seems like a rather large omission to be overlooked. more likely it was done on purpose.

there is a flag with a ribbon on google's page today. it isn't big and loud and pretend patriotic. i'm just not quite sure what the rant is about.
The little flag is only on the google search page, Google . It's not on chrome because there wouldn't be room for it.

Wow. Diaper meltdown about whether a search engine's front page is gaudy enough? We're down to that?

Seems to me Memorial Day is more about humility...

Google sucks ass.

They are such miserable pricks.

The fuckwads will endorse all manner of political and artistic claptrap, some good and some of no value. But they refuse to show any respect for the men and women who risked their lives and lost their lives in the military service of the United States.

They offer idiotic, facile, cheap and dishonest excuses for it. But they DO offer their front page specials for other nations' equivalents to our Memorial Day.

Fuck Google.

That said, I'd like to extend a simple word of thanks to all who have ever worn our nation's military uniforms and in particular those who have fought and died for the United States.
There are over a billion people that use Google each month, most of them from outside the US. If Google were to decorate it's home page with US patriotic content would this have any meaning for them? If Google started celebrating patriotic holidays of all nations with content on their home page, there wouldn't be enough room to enter a search.

Google did exactly what it should do, make no statement concerning the political or patriotic position of any one nation.
Google has the ability to display different pages according to region.

Google sucks ass.

The fuckwads will endorse all manner of political and artistic claptrap, some good and some of no value. But they refuse to show any respect for the men and women who risked their lives and lost their lives in the military service of the United States.

They offer idiotic, facile, cheap and dishonest excuses for it. But they DO offer their front page specials for other nations' equivalents to our Memorial Day.

Fuck Google.

That said, I'd like to extend a simple word of thanks to all who have ever worn our nation's military uniforms and in particular those who have fought and died for the United States.
There are over a billion people that use Google each month, most of them from outside the US. If Google were to decorate it's home page with US patriotic content would this have any meaning for them? If Google started celebrating patriotic holidays of all nations with content on their home page, there wouldn't be enough room to enter a search.

Google did exactly what it should do, make no statement concerning the political or patriotic position of any one nation.
Regions yes but not countries. However, they did put a little flag on their search screen, so I guess they qualify as being patriotic; thus this thread is pure nonsense.

Last edited:

Regions yes but not countries.

really? not sure about that one.

Google sucks ass.

Fuck Google.

Google should not make a statement concerning the political or patriotic position of any one nation.

Exactly.

Of course, this fact might inspire a conservative to contrive a false controversy about ‘globalization.’

Google sucks ass.

Fuck Google.

Which doesn’t mitigate the fact that the sites are nonetheless accessible internationally.

For example:

https://www.google.ru/

Hey it's Rachel Louise Carson's 107th birthday today. Google's doodle is commemorating it today, the 26th of May. Check it out.

:rofl:
Rachel Carson's book Silent Spring and other writings are credited with advancing the global environmental movement. She is known around the world. Memorial Day is an American holiday, honoring Americans and celebrated by Americans.

Last edited:
So in summation:

1. OP'er jumped the gun by starting this thread yesterday.
2. OP'er has a rather ghastly and unhealthy obsession with rodent vaginas.
3. OP'er can solve this problem of not liking google by simply using another search engine.

Howd I do? :*)

So in summation:

3. OP'er can solve this problem of not liking google by simply using another search engine.

Purty good. You did leave out that OP apparently doesn't know what a search engine is for.

But based on his posts elsewhere -- we already knew that :rofl:

So in summation:

Purty good. You did leave out that OP apparently doesn't know what a search engine is for.

Well, I thought about doing a quick look-see but then I was skeered Id see more rodent vagina references. The 10 bazillion in this thread was plenty for one night.:eek:

So in summation:

Well, I thought about doing a quick look-see but then I was skeered Id see more rodent vagina references. The 10 bazillion in this thread was plenty for one night.:eek:

Yanno, I skipped from the OP right to the end and somehow missed all that. :crybaby:

However I did have the pleasure in another thread of having my car compared to a vagina. :eusa_angel:

Yet somehow .... still not sure what either one means :confused:

Forum List

Back