GOOGLE officially ignores U.S. Memorial Day again

Google sucks ass.

They are such miserable pricks.

The fuckwads will endorse all manner of political and artistic claptrap, some good and some of no value. But they refuse to show any respect for the men and women who risked their lives and lost their lives in the military service of the United States.

They offer idiotic, facile, cheap and dishonest excuses for it. But they DO offer their front page specials for other nations' equivalents to our Memorial Day.

Fuck Google.

That said, I'd like to extend a simple word of thanks to all who have ever worn our nation's military uniforms and in particular those who have fought and died for the United States.
There are over a billion people that use Google each month, most of them from outside the US. If Google were to decorate it's home page with US patriotic content would this have any meaning for them? If Google started celebrating patriotic holidays of all nations with content on their home page, there wouldn't be enough room to enter a search.

Google should not make a statement concerning the political or patriotic position of any one nation.
I agree, it may be seen as insensitive to some of your allies who are still suffering from a massive US cover up. Nine brave soldiers died and eleven were seriously injured.
Why won't the US tell us how Matty died? | UK news | The Observer

So in summation:

1. OP'er jumped the gun by starting this thread yesterday.
2. OP'er has a rather ghastly and unhealthy obsession with rodent vaginas.
3. OP'er can solve this problem of not liking google by simply using another search engine.

Howd I do? :*)

OP is a weak, disgruntled man that angrily complains and cusses at nearly everything.

2wgwupk.jpg

This is another reason why I avoid GOOGLE. I've set up my browser to use another search engine. I block their ads. I never go to the GOOGLE site. I refuse to use Android devices.

It's a truly evil company.

Thank you for your note. We appreciate your interest in seeing a Memorial Day Google logo. If we were to commemorate this holiday, we’d want to express reverence; however, as Google’s special logos tend to be lighthearted in nature, this would be a particularly challenging design. We wouldn’t want to create a graphic that could be interpreted as disrespectful in any way.

We have a long list of holidays that we’d like to celebrate in the future. We have to balance this rotating calendar with the need to maintain the consistency of the Google homepage. We really value your feedback regarding the Google logo, and please be assured that we’re actively pursuing ways in which we can acknowledge Memorial Day and other such occasions in the future.

Regards,
The Google Team

Google Standard Memorial Day Excuse - Little Green Footballs

Thank you for your note. We appreciate your interest in seeing a Memorial Day Google logo. If we were to commemorate this holiday, we’d want to express reverence; however, as Google’s special logos tend to be lighthearted in nature, this would be a particularly challenging design. We wouldn’t want to create a graphic that could be interpreted as disrespectful in any way.

We have a long list of holidays that we’d like to celebrate in the future. We have to balance this rotating calendar with the need to maintain the consistency of the Google homepage. We really value your feedback regarding the Google logo, and please be assured that we’re actively pursuing ways in which we can acknowledge Memorial Day and other such occasions in the future.

Regards,
The Google Team

Was the American flag with a yellow ribbon around it an insufficient display of American ritualism? That is what was on Google every time I went to it yesterday (which is somewhat ironic since on most days I get kicked to google canada for some reason known but to God.

Google sucks ass.

The fuckwads will endorse all manner of political and artistic claptrap, some good and some of no value. But they refuse to show any respect for the men and women who risked their lives and lost their lives in the military service of the United States.

They offer idiotic, facile, cheap and dishonest excuses for it. But they DO offer their front page specials for other nations' equivalents to our Memorial Day.

Fuck Google.

That said, I'd like to extend a simple word of thanks to all who have ever worn our nation's military uniforms and in particular those who have fought and died for the United States.
There are over a billion people that use Google each month, most of them from outside the US. If Google were to decorate it's home page with US patriotic content would this have any meaning for them? If Google started celebrating patriotic holidays of all nations with content on their home page, there wouldn't be enough room to enter a search.

Google should not make a statement concerning the political or patriotic position of any one nation.

Nonsense.

They tailor their various Google Search pages to the specific countries they go to.

So in summation:

3. OP'er can solve this problem of not liking google by simply using another search engine.

You failed, naturally.

I didn't jump any gun. I was correct. No wonder you were lost from the first post.

I am far from obsessed with your ilk. But when I notice such varmint hideousness, I am free to mention it. In disgust.

And no matter which search engine I use, Google is still behaving in a ghastly fashion.

As I say; you failed, quite fully.

Google sucks ass.

Fuck Google.

Nonsense.

They tailor their various Google Search pages to the specific countries they go to.

Yes, just nonsense from Google. Today's page is serious and a much larger tribute.

So in summation:

OP is a weak, disgruntled man that angrily complains and cusses at nearly everything.

The original post is not a man. Op does not mean the original Post-er.

And the person (me) who put up the OP is not disgrunteld except with the obnoxious behavior of the Google honchos.

I do cuss once in a while.

Get over it, ya stupid bitch.

That was exactly my point: humility. Subtlety is lost on the knuckledragger set.
Our self-styled Cheerful Prince would have had a meltdown over anything short of an actual foot springing out of the screen flailing about yelling "MURKA KICKS ASS!!"

Last edited:

Regards,
The Google Team

Right .... So today to celebrate the Author who wrote pages on the death and destruction of the environment -- they spent some cash and animated some butterflies...

There IS something to this. Not much -- but a detectable cultural bias..

Regards,
The Google Team

Right .... So today to celebrate the Author who wrote pages on the death and destruction of the environment -- they spent some cash and animated some butterflies...

Then how do you explain their Vets Day graphic?

So in summation:

You failed, naturally.

I didn't jump any gun. I was correct. No wonder you were lost from the first post.

I am far from obsessed with your ilk. But when I notice such varmint hideousness, I am free to mention it. In disgust.

And no matter which search engine I use, Google is still behaving in a ghastly fashion.

As I say; you failed, quite fully.
Wow. 2 days later and you are STILL bitching about this?

My ilk would have nothing to do with the likes of YOU. So, please feel free to ignore me.

So in summation:

The original post is not a man. Op does not mean the original Post-er.

And the person (me) who put up the OP is not disgrunteld except with the obnoxious behavior of the Google honchos.

I do cuss once in a while.

Get over it, ya stupid bitch.

TC is a weak, disgruntled old man that angrily complains and cusses at nearly everything.

Regards,
The Google Team

They put less effort into that wimpy graphic than they do tracking my every move on Chrome. TODAY -- the Rachael Carson logo links to a full page of links on the woman..

Yesterday, it just looked like a million other little pesky ads and rabbit traps that one sees on their pages. Didn't even bother to blend into their theme of customizing days..

There WAS a bit of probable laziness or disinterest on their part.

They put less effort into that wimpy graphic than they do tracking my every move on Chrome. TODAY -- the Rachael Carson logo links to a full page of links on the woman..

Yesterday, it just looked like a million other little pesky ads and rabbit traps that one sees on their pages. Didn't even bother to blend into their theme of customizing days..

There WAS a bit of probable laziness or disinterest on their part.

And what exactly would you have them link Memorial Day to? :eusa_think:

Isn't a subject such as Rachel Carson, being less known that Memorial Day, more in need of links by definition?

I for one had no idea it was Rachel Carson's birthday, but nobody had to tell me it was Memorial Day. Think about it.

Forum List

Back