GOP introduces national right-to-work legislation

If someone is worth their weight in gold...
There's nothing stopping you right wing anti worker stooges from marching into the boss's office and demanding less.

I'm sure he'll be more than happy to oblige.

Union's are a leftist scam , another corporate control scam they screw you while they skim your pay checks.

Funny.... my employer cut 25% of their non-Union workforce in 2012, after misjudging their profit margin for the year. Not a single Union employee lost a,job.

That's right, they get the freedom to fight for their own rights and wages, as it should be. Unfortunately for you, you may pay a price for others freedom. But their own best interests, rather than yours are the point. You guys have pulled every scheme you could to try to get into my husbands workplace, but they threw yours out. The employees did. They don't want to lose their freedoms and right to negotiate at a great workplace

When he gets laid off so the boss can get a bigger bonus or they decide to stop offering health insurance, don't come crying to us.

That's right, they get the freedom to fight for their own rights and wages, as it should be. Unfortunately for you, you may pay a price for others freedom. But their own best interests, rather than yours are the point. You guys have pulled every scheme you could to try to get into my husbands workplace, but they threw yours out. The employees did. They don't want to lose their freedoms and right to negotiate at a great workplace

When he gets laid off so the boss can get a bigger bonus or they decide to stop offering health insurance, don't come crying to us.

I wont have to because his care will be great, Obama's was breaking the backs of American's. each year it went up in cost, and wth gets fined for not having health coverage that isn't even constitutional , forcing someone to have health care that is down right bs.

I wont have to because his care will be great, Obama's was breaking the backs of American's. each year it went up in cost, and wth gets fined for not having health coverage that isn't even constitutional , forcing someone to have health care that is down right bs.

Trusting an employer in this business environment is tantamount to playing Russian Roulette with a Glock.

You're operating under the assumption that everyone will bail and unions will have no power - but that's a knee-jerk reaction if you ask me. Like yourself, you'll continue to be in the union despite this EO yea? And you'll have the benefits of the union as well (higher pay, better benefits, and legal protections that non-union members won't have.) Those are worth something. What it will stop is the flagrant abuse by unions who are no longer trying to compromise with businesses, or are no longer working for their members, but rather just ... basically extorting everyone simply because they have the power to do so.

It becomes very difficult to negotiate FOR or to KEEP those pay rates and benefits when the Company can simply hire non-Union scabs to work for less money and benefits without restriction.

I have worked for my Company as a contractor, a management employee and as a Union employee. Under no circumstances would I ever go back to working for thus,Company in a non-Uniin sutuation. They are not trustworthy enough for me to believe anything they don't put in writing and sign.

He'll be retiring from there, just as all the good workers before him have done. And how many union people get to vacation in the company owners Caribbean home? None, I would imagine. Probably only union bosses allowed.
By the way, they have what's considered the Cadillac plan, just like the unions, too.

Well that depends entirely upon your skill set Anathema ;)

It won't effect go-getters because they've the drive to get another job if shit doesn't go their way - same reason that go-getters don't need unions. I almost gauge the success of an economy by it's union participation (out side government) because if the workers are ethical and hard working, and the jobs are available, everyone ultimately profits from the situation. From what I've seen it's only when employees suck ass that they need a bully union to 'protect' them from getting shit canned, or shit on.

I've never been in a union, never once worried about being fired - I've always made sure that I am providing a service the companies don't want to let go, or at a minimum that I'm giving them with more than the other peons heh

He'll be retiring from there, just as all the good workers before him have done. And how many union people get to vacation in the company owners Caribbean home? None, I would imagine. Probably only union bosses allowed.
By the way, they have what's considered the Cadillac plan, just like the unions, too

No Union member or representative (we're elected reps, not Bosses) with an ounce of respect or dignity would be caught within 100 miles of a Company executive's vacation home.

I have found that working in a management environment to be far more dangerous and unpredictable than a Union environment. Without the Union job descriptions, benefits and other working conditions can change without warning or the ability to negotiate consequences of.

My current employer cut 25% of our non-Union workers and all contractors in 2012 because they'd "guaranteed" a particular dividend to investors and then didn't end up with the revenue streams they thought would appear. About 4,000 people lost jobs over a dividend check. Not a single Union member lost a job.

1. Unions are a scam....parents handing their kids/family/friends a job and no outsiders are hired, or some ass kisser throwing some money under the table for a job.....I have seen it many times

Private large company. And they profit share with their employees.
And that company did such because of union contract expense.
By the way, they have what's considered the Cadillac plan, just like the unions, too

No Union member or representative (we're elected reps, not Bosses) with an ounce of respect or dignity would be caught within 100 miles of a Company executive's vacation home.

I have found that working in a management environment to be far more dangerous and unpredictable than a Union environment. Without the Union job descriptions, benefits and other working conditions can change without warning or the ability to negotiate consequences of.

My current employer cut 25% of our non-Union workers and all contractors in 2012 because they'd "guaranteed" a particular dividend to investors and then didn't end up with the revenue streams they thought would appear. About 4,000 people lost jobs over a dividend check. Not a single Union member lost a job.

It won't effect go-getters because they've the drive to get another job if shit doesn't go their way - same reason that go-getters don't need unions. I almost gauge the success of an economy by it's union participation (out side government) because if the workers are ethical and hard working, and the jobs are available, everyone ultimately profits from the situation. From what I've seen it's only when employees suck ass that they need a bully union to 'protect' them from getting shit canned, or shit on.

I've never been in a union, never once worried about being fired - I've always made sure that I am providing a service the companies don't want to let go, or at a minimum that I'm giving them with more than the other peons heh

I'm not a go-getter. I'm not a slacker either. I give my employer 100% for the 40 hours I get paid for. I do what my job description requires. Nothing more. Nothing less. The Union simply ensures I don't get punished for not sucking my bosses balls or kissing his ass, like so many in Management do.

They are also good at passing over seats when a non union member joins if they feel they could benefit from it in the long run.
  1. Unions are a scam....parents handing their kids/family/friends a job and no outsiders are hired, or some ass kisser throwing some money under the table for a job.....I have seen it many times

Private large company. And they profit share with their employees. And that company did such because of union contract expense.

I work for one of the largest Electric/Gas utility companies in the country. Our Electric Distribution Design employees (Engineers, Designers and Drafters) unionized and joined the same Union as our Operations employees in 2007 to protect ourselves from the Company and its planned transformation initiative. Good thing we did or they'd have likely fired 70-80% of us and outsourced the work.

I'm not a go-getter. I'm not a slacker either. I give my employer 100% for the 40 hours I get paid for. I do what my job description requires. Nothing more. Nothing less. The Union simply ensures I don't get punished for not sucking my bosses balls or kissing his ass, like so many in Management do.

Well I think that kind of bolsters my argument, but hey, choices you make dear.

I wanted 'more' out of life, ya know what I mean? I could have never worked again in my twenties, but I'm 'driven' to succeed. Not just more money, but also more skills, more of my personal ideological goals being met, more things I wanted to try, and hell, more feathers for my ego heh

Absolutely necessary and beneficial to the economy. Especially good if it includes public service unions! Expect the unions to fight this tooth and nail.

"At least 80 percent of Americans are opposed to forcing employees to pay dues as a condition of their employment, and our bill would protect workers by eliminating the forced-dues clauses in federal statute. Right-to-work states, like South Carolina, have seen first-hand that job creation and economic growth comes from expanded freedoms. We need to expand common-sense reforms, like those in the National Right to Work Act to protect American workers and create jobs," Wilson told the Washington Examiner.

More w/links @ GOP introduces national right-to-work legislation

As long as it is limited to federal work only, and doesn't impose on States ability to do as they see fit, I have no issue with it.

Well I think that kind of bolsters my argument, but hey, choices you make dear.

I wanted 'more' out of life, ya know what I mean? I could have never worked again in my twenties, but I'm 'driven' to succeed. Not just more money, but also more skills, more of my personal ideological goals being met, more things I wanted to try, and hell, more feathers for my ego heh

See, unfortunately people like you make Unions necessary for people like me. You seem like the type of person who would work a 50 hour week for 40 hours worth of salaried pay, with no OT, just because you want to show everyone how great you are.

Unfortunately, that makes those of us who show up on time, give 100% for our 40 hours and go home look like we are slacking. You Live to Work while most of us Work to Live.

Do you get what I'm talking about?

Forum List

Back