GOP introduces national right-to-work legislation

Union's are a leftist scam , another corporate control scam they screw you while they skim your pay checks.

Funny.... my employer cut 25% of their non-Union workforce in 2012, after misjudging their profit margin for the year. Not a single Union employee lost a,job.
...due to the implied or not so implied threat of a strike. Union thugs are bullies and are sending jobs overseas in droves.

You'll have four people working and four fat fuck union drones taking up air.

I find that interesting. The eight of us here in New England (Union), get more work accomplished on a weekly basis than our twelve Upstate New York counterparts (Msnagement) do. That's due in large part to a work management system here in New England that WE (the Union workers) have created and tweaked over the last seven years.

You'll have four people working and four fat fuck union drones taking up air.

I find that interesting. The eight of us here in New England (Union), get more work accomplished on a weekly basis than our twelve Upstate New York counterparts (Msnagement) do. That's due in large part to a work management system here in New England that WE (the Union workers) have created and tweaked over the last seven years.
Management? Don't make me pee. Laws have been created that makes unions obsolete these days. They served their purpose but have become so burdensome business are moving to friendly states or off shore. It would be nice if we could make $35/hr and simply pass the cost on but it's a global marketplace now.

Management? Don't make me pee. Laws have been created that makes unions obsolete these days. They served their purpose but have become so burdensome business are moving to friendly states or off shore. It would be nice if we could make $35/hr and simply pass the cost on but it's a global marketplace now.

No, they aren't obsolete. I held that belief for many years. My father left his dream job because his Union wouldn't fight for him. I had zero intention of ever joining a Union. My current employer changed my mind on that very quickly. Without the Union, this company (in a regulated industry) would be screwing over its employees and customers even more than they already are.

As a Union Steward I will say this.....

ANY worker in my department who does not pay dues WILL NOT be supported, protected or represented by me, or any other Union Officer.
So, business as usual then. Unions support and protect the good ole boys with the most seniority. The rest can just get in line.

I'm against this kind of legislation. The Federal government has no authority to impose a "right to work' law on all the states of the nation. This is a States Rights issue.

However, I'd support Trump doing away with Federal public unions. The people should have the right to fire employees that underperform, are insubordinate, break laws.

So, business as usual then. Unions support and protect the good ole boys with the most seniority. The rest can just get in line.

You work your way up the food chain. That's the way things should work.

Just because you are willing to spend hours of unpaid work and cock sucking/**** licking under your bosses desk should not get you ahead of the Senior guy who is doing his job but not doing more than he is required to.

You work your way up the food chain. That's the way things should work.

Just because you are willing to spend hours of unpaid work and cock sucking/**** licking under your bosses desk should not get you ahead of the Senior guy who is doing his job but not doing more than he is required to.
You do not provide Me equal status in the Union, you can do without My contribution.

As for the rest, your fantasies of what really goes nowhere I work and the lies you tell are all that anyone needs to see in order to come down against unions.

You do not provide Me equal status in the Union, you can do without My contribution.

As for the rest, your fantasies of what really goes nowhere I work and the lies you tell are all that anyone needs to see in order to come down against unions.

Lower level employees have equal status to everyone who was hired at the same time as them. They do not, and should not have equal status to people who have been working there for 5, 10, or 20 years.

Unfortunately, I've seen those "fantasies" in action far too many times. It's what accounts for the roughly 30% of my co-workers who chose not to submit cards approving the Union or leaving the department while we were in negotiations. They didn't want to be held to the same rules as everyone else. If they weren't allowed to game the system, they wanted OUT.

Lower level employees have equal status to everyone who was hired at the same time as them. They do not, and should not have equal status to people who have been working there for 5, 10, or 20 years.

Unfortunately, I've seen those "fantasies" in action far too many times. It's what accounts for the roughly 30% of my co-workers who chose not to submit cards approving the Union or leaving the department while we were in negotiations. They didn't want to be held to the same rules as everyone else. If they weren't allowed to game the system, they wanted OUT.
In essence, there is no difference in being screwed by the employer or the union. Both are out for themselves and not for the members. The only real difference is you extort money from the members whereas the employer does not.

I pay for a service. If you do not provide Me the service I pay for, then you are the problem and I should be permitted to stop paying for a service I do not receive.

Unions are extorting money for their own agenda and now, based on your feedback, are open about the fact that its money for them and tough shit for the rest of you.

I do better without a union. I alway have, and I get to keep the money I earn.

You'll have to sell your snake oil to someone else.

In essence, there is no difference in being screwed by the employer or the union. Both are out for themselves and not for the members. The only real difference is you extort money from the members whereas the employer does not.

I won't speak for other Unions, but that's definitely not the way the BUW/UWUA works. We collect dues to.pay for the expenses of running game the Union and for about half a dozen full-time employees. As a Steward not only don't I get paid by the Union, I pay dues just like every other member.

I pay for a service. If you do not provide Me the service I pay for, then you are the problem and I should be permitted to stop paying for a service I do not receive

These Union members are getting a service. No, they rookies aren't getting paid the same as those of us who've been around for double-digit years. Nor should they be. We don't have the same job title or experience. Without the Union, these folks likely wouldn't have jobs at all, or would be Contractors with zero benefits.

Unions are extorting money for their own agenda and now, based on your feedback, are open about the fact that its money for them and tough shit for the rest of you

Nowhere have I said any such things. We are there to represent our members. Nothing mire. Nothing less.

I do better without a union. I alway have, and I get to keep the money I earn.

Then you've been fortunate to have worked for decent employers. Not everyone has that good fortune.

Funny as all hell...The outfit I work for gives raises annually to those of us who increase our value to the company. Those who continue with the status quo...not so much. We are not a union shop, and never will be...too many Northwest Airline guys on staff who got screwed by the union...
Me, I got a raise because I worked harder and increased my value to the company.

Most all american companies do not want to keep even their best workers. Fact. They are actually happy when good workers leave so they don't have to pay them. Fact.

...Me, I got a raise because I worked harder and increased my value to the company.

How does one work harder? You have a job description. Anything you do beyond that is Stupid. You're giving your employer more than they're paying you for. I don't give anyone more than they have contracted and paid for, ever.

Yeah the work harder stuff is hilarious. Be sure to put that on your gravestone so visitors get a chuckle. All a bunch of bs.

Ohhh yes it is. You just haven't figured it out yet. You will. Give it time. Your work ethic will get you......ahhhh....crickets chirping.

Forum List

Back