GOP introduces national right-to-work legislation

The larger corporations own the political parties and they would prefer that workers had zero protection.
We need more union not less.
No, we need less unions and more competition. Which can't happen until regulations and taxes get rolled back.
There is no competition when one side has all the power. Unions even things up.
no unions drive up the cost of everything because they will never get rid of a job that is obsolete.
I dont accept that opinion as valid. And in any case the opposite of that is a race to the bottom where everything is made by Chinese and Bangladeshi toddlers.
In effect the sick society that you and your ilk whine about 24/7.
You are conflicted sir.
That's what has been happening more and more so your theory needs work.

I wonder if said unions decided to give people a chance to support if they wanted. I'd be very happy with unions if they did that, in fact, I could even maybe support unions as a 'good' influence instead of a 'bad' one if they'd agree to voluntary participation of their members.

That's not the way a Union works. Despite the English spelling, there is no "I" in Union. There is a "We". Take that away and suddenly the whole Union no longer works.

Imagine a workplace where 8 people supposedly have the same job. 4 of them are members of a Union, and have rules about what they can/can't do. The other 4 are not bound by those rules. How efficiently do you think that dep as recent is going to work? Not very well, as I see it.

LMFAO...

So you are saying the non union member can actually work and not have to put up with your nonsense?

Check... That's called freedom

That's right, they get the freedom to fight for their own rights and wages, as it should be. Unfortunately for you, you may pay a price for others freedom. But their own best interests, rather than yours are the point. You guys have pulled every scheme you could to try to get into my husbands workplace, but they threw yours out. The employees did. They don't want to lose their freedoms and right to negotiate at a great workplace.
As a Union Steward I will say this.....

ANY worker in my department who does not pay dues WILL NOT be supported, protected or represented by me, or any other Union Officer.

Exactly

When the company shuts down or moves you can enjoy all the big money you don't get anymore and the contract that no longer means anything.

I work for a UTILITY COMPANY. They're not going anywhere. If they were to break the company back up and return us to regional ownership, we'd all be doing cartwheels down the hallways. Oh, and the contract gets sold with the Company and is binding.

The larger corporations own the political parties and they would prefer that workers had zero protection.
No, we need less unions and more competition. Which can't happen until regulations and taxes get rolled back.
no unions drive up the cost of everything because they will never get rid of a job that is obsolete.
I dont accept that opinion as valid. And in any case the opposite of that is a race to the bottom where everything is made by Chinese and Bangladeshi toddlers.
You are conflicted sir.
on your basic union construction project they still mandate the Oiler position which was necessary back in the day but now with modern construction equipment is completely irrelevant

and that's just one example

then of course there's the ridiculous separation of labor and this is a true story from my experience with unions

We had a reno of a local government owned housing where 2 bathrooms were supposed to be redone now in my world I could hve done both in a week for about 10 grand but in the Union world it took 6 months and cost 35 grand mainly because the plumbers and electricians were not allowed to cut into the wall board so they had to wait around for the wall board people to show up and cut a hole in the wall. But since the union contract called for a 4 hour minimum pay every time people showed up for 20 minutes they got paid for 4 hours

Without the Unions, we would be living and working in the same conditions that existed prior to the First Great Republican Depression. And, given the orange clown's intentions, and those of the GOP, we may see that again, just before the Second Great Republican Depression.

Union's are a leftist scam , another corporate control scam they screw you while they skim your pay checks.
Nope.....but you are free to work non-union all you want...in some red state with no protections.

Without the Unions, we would be living and working in the same conditions that existed prior to the First Great Republican Depression. And, given the orange clown's intentions, and those of the GOP, we may see that again, just before the Second Great Republican Depression.

Union's are a leftist scam , another corporate control scam they screw you while they skim your pay checks.
Nope.....but you are free to work non-union all you want...in some red state with no protections.

all employees have protections. If you are fired without cause you can collect unemployment, the overtime laws are the same everywhere as are the safety laws

When the company shuts down or moves you can enjoy all the big money you don't get anymore and the contract that no longer means anything.

I work for a UTILITY COMPANY. They're not going anywhere. If they were to break the company back up and return us to regional ownership, we'd all be doing cartwheels down the hallways. Oh, and the contract gets sold with the Company and is binding.
Well good for you but you are not the rest of the country. You keep spouting off like your little world represents all of mankind.

Well good for you but you are not the rest of the country. You keep spouting off like your little world represents all of mankind.

Have you not yet figured out I literally couldn't care any less about the rest of mankind? My philosophical bent us towards what's best for ME, not the rest of you putz's

That's exactly what you said, you want workers to obey your silly union rules and not actually be productive.

No it's not. I said I did not want Union employees doing more work than they are required to or doing work that us,outside of their contracted job classification. There's a major difference.

How do unions protect workers in the year 2017?

The answer is :

From actually working...

That's exactly what you said, you want workers to obey your silly union rules and not actually be productive.

No it's not. I said I did not want Union employees doing more work than they are required to or doing work that us,outside of their contracted job classification. There's a major difference.

Exactly... God for bid a Union electrician to help out a lowly operator if they needed help..

To get the job done.

It's not in their job description..

Have you not yet figured out I literally couldn't care any less about the rest of mankind? My philosophical bent us towards what's best for ME, not the rest of you putz's

We know that and your a fat lazy ass dinosaur union worker, obsolete in today's society of America..

Remind us again how many right to work states are they?

I think we have 24 now..

Yeah, let's just rid of unions. Let's increase the income inequality gap. Let's make sure your children and your children's children don't have the opportunity your parents had before unions were decimated during the Reagan years. Let's continue to kiss the ass of those who are destroying the middle class.
unionincome.jpg

Yeah, let's just rid of unions. Let's increase the income inequality gap. Let's make sure your children and your children's children don't have the opportunity your parents had before unions were decimated during the Reagan years. Let's continue to kiss the ass of those who are destroying the middle class.
View attachment 110809
Association is not correlation. Many companies left or died because it's too costly to do business here. More demands and higher costs would help?

You are conflicted sir.
That's what has been happening more and more so your theory needs work.

As usual you miss the point in spectacular fashion.

Jobs go overseas because the corporations feed off inequality and not because unions fight for a fairer slice of the pie.
If the world was more equal then you would not feel the need to build this ridiculous wall.

Forum List

Back