GOP introduces national right-to-work legislation

So, you are openly declaring your union members incompetent and unwilling to do the job, as required?

Not at all. We do the work we are contracted to do in the amounts, quality and time frame we are contracted to. What we don't do is anything beyond what we're contractually obligated to.

As long as you don't break his legs.

Nope. He just better hope I'm not the first one to drive by if he's in a car wreck, cause I'm just gonna keep right on driving (as I would expect him to do in a reversed sutuation).

Nope. He just better hope I'm not the first one to drive by if he's in a car wreck, cause I'm just gonna keep right on driving (as I would expect him to do in a reversed sutuation).

I suppose that's the difference between some people.

I'm a volunteer first responder, so I've been at calls to aid people I knew would be delighted to undermine my 2nd Amendment rights, even steal my shit to get another bag. People who still have obozo 2012 stickers on their piece of shit hybrids who I have utter contempt for.

In times of human crisis I can set all that aside even though I know they wouldn't turn to look back to see if I made it out.

....Conclusion: You are required by law to treat non-members the same as members when it comes to applying and enforcing the labor-management agreement. However, regarding issues that can be raised in a forum other than the negotiated grievance procedure you can restrict representation to members only . If you doubt what I say I urge you to check with a labor attorney.

Belief or non-belief is irrelevant. There is no circumstance where I would represent a non-paying member. I don't believe there are any other Stewards or Union Leaders in the Union who would either. I'd lose my job over it, thank you very much.
You could lose more than that...your union could be fined into penury for it, you could go to prison.

The larger corporations own the political parties and they would prefer that workers had zero protection.
We need more union not less.
No, we need less unions and more competition. Which can't happen until regulations and taxes get rolled back.
There is no competition when one side has all the power. Unions even things up.
no unions drive up the cost of everything because they will never get rid of a job that is obsolete.
I dont accept that opinion as valid. And in any case the opposite of that is a race to the bottom where everything is made by Chinese and Bangladeshi toddlers.
In effect the sick society that you and your ilk whine about 24/7.
You are conflicted sir.
on your basic union construction project they still mandate the Oiler position which was necessary back in the day but now with modern construction equipment is completely irrelevant

and that's just one example

then of course there's the ridiculous separation of labor and this is a true story from my experience with unions

We had a reno of a local government owned housing where 2 bathrooms were supposed to be redone now in my world I could hve done both in a week for about 10 grand but in the Union world it took 6 months and cost 35 grand mainly because the plumbers and electricians were not allowed to cut into the wall board so they had to wait around for the wall board people to show up and cut a hole in the wall. But since the union contract called for a 4 hour minimum pay every time people showed up for 20 minutes they got paid for 4 hours
I recall that most railroads paid "firemen" to sit and do nothing for close to twenty years after they switched across the board to diesel locomotives.

That's exactly what you said, you want workers to obey your silly union rules and not actually be productive.

No it's not. I said I did not want Union employees doing more work than they are required to or doing work that us,outside of their contracted job classification. There's a major difference.
So, you are openly declaring your union members incompetent and unwilling to do the job, as required?
No, the goldbricker is projecting his own laziness on others.

I'm a volunteer first responder, so I've been at calls to aid people I knew would be delighted to undermine my 2nd Amendment rights, even steal my shit to get another bag. People who still have obozo 2012 stickers on their piece of shit hybrids who I have utter contempt for.

In times of human crisis I can set all that aside even though I know they wouldn't turn to look back to see if I made it out.

Yup and trump is trying to change this nation's attitude like yours and mine.. This ass hole is a self centered liar.. You don't walk away

Yup and trump is trying to change this nation's attitude like yours and mine.. This ass hole is a self centered liar.. You don't walk away
Yes, you do. Never help, never stop, never get involved. No good deed goes unpunished. Keep walking, head down and pick up the pace. Not worth the risk.

bear513 I believe it, that was a bit before my time started (mid to late 90's) I got shit-canned from an adviser position because upper management threw a massive tantrum when I recommended they take company cars away from them - not one of the little fuckers had a personal use vehicle. The messed part is the owner was forced to go through with my recommendation on that a year later and they ended up replacing all but two of the little shits after they went on "strike." The dumb asses even tried to sue for being wrongfully fired saying "they could no longer get to work" due to the companies cancellation of the car provision policy. ~SMH~ Funnier part to me is the company recovered with the resulting new management. (I got a letter from the owner apologizing to me and saying thank you for the advice. No biggie as I'd only been 'docked' like $10k on the overall fee so my work was pretty much paid for regardless. One of my few 'fired' marks on my record though, but with the letter from the guy it worked out alright for me :p)

Yes, you do. Never help, never stop, never get involved. No good deed goes unpunished. Keep walking, head down and pick up the pace. Not worth the risk.

Exactly.. Because you can't get involved.. Not in your contract

Even though you know the right thing to do

Totally and completely wrong. Because I know that no good deed goes unpunished, no more and no less. Keep walking, head down and pick up the pace.

bear513 I believe it, that was a bit before my time started (mid to late 90's) I got shit-canned from an adviser position because upper management threw a massive tantrum when I recommended they take company cars away from them - not one of the little fuckers had a personal use vehicle. The messed part is the owner was forced to go through with my recommendation on that a year later and they ended up replacing all but two of the little shits after they went on "strike." The dumb asses even tried to sue for being wrongfully fired saying "they could no longer get to work" due to the companies cancellation of the car provision policy. ~SMH~ Funnier part to me is the company recovered with the resulting new management. (I got a letter from the owner apologizing to me and saying thank you for the advice. No biggie as I'd only been 'docked' like $10k on the overall fee so my work was pretty much paid for regardless. One of my few 'fired' marks on my record though, but with the letter from the guy it worked out alright for me :p)
You are a deplorable.. A true patriot welcome to the club

I'll defend Jarlaxle's perspective. There may come a time when stopping to help people who would have cut your throat before that is the wrong thing to do. They're not going to tolerate you even if you saved their lives. They're going to maintain their hostility. First responders do find themselves in lawsuits in spite of laws that are supposed to protect them from mistakes made in crisis.

When it comes to regressives, you aid them at your own risk.

@bear512 hahaha well I must say that's the first time I've been associated with 'workers' rather than a 'hated manager' :p

I try to be fair, but yea, I'm a deplorable with limited patience for those who don't do their job and pull their weight, be they management or peon.

As for Patriot, well it seems like those come in two flavors these days somehow; old America and new America. I am an 'old American Patriot' for certain.

Forum List

Back