GOP introduces national right-to-work legislation

Absolutely necessary and beneficial to the economy. Especially good if it includes public service unions! Expect the unions to fight this tooth and nail.

"At least 80 percent of Americans are opposed to forcing employees to pay dues as a condition of their employment, and our bill would protect workers by eliminating the forced-dues clauses in federal statute. Right-to-work states, like South Carolina, have seen first-hand that job creation and economic growth comes from expanded freedoms. We need to expand common-sense reforms, like those in the National Right to Work Act to protect American workers and create jobs," Wilson told the Washington Examiner.

More w/links @ GOP introduces national right-to-work legislation
So smashing unions to drive down wages and benefits is somehow going to make American workers able to buy the new gas hog SUVs (12-15 mpg highway) and quadruple their monthly fuel budget just to get to work and back...to make less money than a union would've brought them?? You know the dragon is going to eat the end of his tail any minute now...

Did EVERY single lawmaker in DC fail elementary school math?..

If you dont stick together then the man will pick you off one by one. Nobody gives away rights. Unions have been behind every benefit the working man has ever received.

That's what has been happening more and more so your theory needs work.

As usual you miss the point in spectacular fashion.

Jobs go overseas because the corporations feed off inequality and not because unions fight for a fairer slice of the pie.
If the world was more equal then you would not feel the need to build this ridiculous wall.
well the world isn't more equal and it will never be more equal so keep eating your pie in the sky and see where that gets you
Well I can accept some of that, the rich get richer off the back of the working man.

But change is happening. I would point to the success of the EU in levelling up standards across Europe.

Backward countries like Spain and Ireland now have a much higher standard of living than they used to.

As the EU grows then Eastern European countries will see the benefit as well.

that is such bullshit.

The rich get richer because they understand money wealth is not a zero sum game
What rich guy ever stopped you from making more money ?
What rich guy ever stopped you from increasing your net worth?
Imbecility. Do they teach you this at RWNJ classes ?
so as usual the whiners who say the rich are holding them back cannot give one example of how a rich guy stopped them from earning or saving more

If you dont stick together then the man will pick you off one by one. Nobody gives away rights. Unions have been behind every benefit the working man has ever received.
as labor needed to succeed has become more specialized employers have come to realize that it makes more sense to keep employees rather than continually training new ones.

Unions had a purpose in the past but like so many union positions that will not be eliminated, unions have served their purpose and are now a drain on industry

Absolutely necessary and beneficial to the economy. Especially good if it includes public service unions! Expect the unions to fight this tooth and nail.

"At least 80 percent of Americans are opposed to forcing employees to pay dues as a condition of their employment, and our bill would protect workers by eliminating the forced-dues clauses in federal statute. Right-to-work states, like South Carolina, have seen first-hand that job creation and economic growth comes from expanded freedoms. We need to expand common-sense reforms, like those in the National Right to Work Act to protect American workers and create jobs," Wilson told the Washington Examiner.

So smashing unions to drive down wages and benefits is somehow going to make American workers able to buy the new gas hog SUVs (12-15 mpg highway) and quadruple their monthly fuel budget just to get to work and back...to make less money than a union would've brought them?? You know the dragon is going to eat the end of his tail any minute now...

Low wages and no benefits are what made Haiti and Guatemala success stories. Everyone wants to move to those countries. :)

Low wages and no benefits are what made Haiti and Guatemala success stories. Everyone wants to move to those countries. :)
In third world countries what happens is the elites scoop up the lion's share and leave the masses to fight over the scraps. Since you are unaware, that's been the direction we've been going.

More competition evens the playing field, not an artificial atempt to manage wages and prices. Small business cannot overcome endless regulation and bureaucracy. Less competition = less opportunity = lower pay.

As long as you don't break his legs.

Nope. He just better hope I'm not the first one to drive by if he's in a car wreck, cause I'm just gonna keep right on driving (as I would expect him to do in a reversed sutuation).
Ayup. You're a union thug alright. I doubt he hates you like you hate him.

Say Ice, you never did post the "facts" I requested from you. You do know, if you claim facts back you up and then don't supply those facts, well it looks like a bluff to me.

Oh, an article from the "National Review", which makes my point. That as the unions go, so do the workers share of the national income.
Removing Union Wage Ceilings
Removing Union Wage Ceilings, by James Sherk, National Review
And another article:
The Decline Of Unions Is A Middle Class Problem
So, here are two conservative publications backing what I stated.
Thus, you need to contradict my post, with the facts you claim to have.
Thank you.

Last edited:
Unions are victims of their own success. Virtually every initiative they fought for is now encoded in law, and since they act like it's still 1943 and don't address today's work force, they're fading into irrelevance.

Once upon a time, a union could stand on its own as a desirable alternative for a worker. Now apparently they have a hard time attracting workers without laws forcing participation.

Nope. He just better hope I'm not the first one to drive by if he's in a car wreck, cause I'm just gonna keep right on driving (as I would expect him to do in a reversed sutuation).

Say Ice, you never did post the "facts" I requested from you. You do know, if you claim facts back you up and then don't supply those facts, well it looks like a bluff to me.

Oh, an article from the "National Review", which makes my point. That as the unions go, so do the workers share of the national income.
And another article:
Thank you.
So you found a couple of op-eds? And regulations and taxes have nothing to do with it? How is that possible. You made the assertion and I challenged it. I don't need to prove you are wrong but I'll note you are relying on opinion pieces not facts.

And another article:
Thank you.
So you found a couple of op-eds? And regulations and taxes have nothing to do with it? How is that possible. You made the assertion and I challenged it. I don't need to prove you are wrong but I'll note you are relying on opinion pieces not facts.
Opinions by experts based on reality and facts override your opinion based on ,,,nothing but conjecture.

Last edited:
Republicans are so confused. They actually want to repeal the ACA by saying people should be able to get together to negotiate from strength for their prices.

Then they also believe that workers shouldnt have the right to get together for wages and job protection

And another article:
Thank you.

hiroshima-detroit.jpg

"Detroit rose and fell with the automobile industry."--https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decline_of_Detroit#Role_of_the_automobile_industry

Just lousy capitalists who could not make like Henry Ford and double wages and achieve gains from productivity; nice, "golden parachutes for management" though.

I love what Trump is doing and I hope the impact hits the people of Wisc. the most.....its time people understand, this man is not a labor president, could give a rats fkkk about the working class and it shows. White men, who overwhelming supports Trump, need a rude awakening and I hope it hits were hit hurts, in their pensions and pockets.....there are consequences behind hate filled votes.

And another article:
Thank you.

hiroshima-detroit.jpg

On this I do agree....but here's the reality...when you have lazy people who don't vote, expect this type of shit...I could give a fuck about these cities that keep voting for people that don't do a damn thing for them

Forum List

Back