GOP may "leverage" debt ceiling against de-funding Obamacare

Back on topic: Republican talk of "leverage" (ne blackmail) is so much more of their "feel good" pap - like Tom Coburns threat of 'impeachment'

Republicans have 80 votes in the House and 13 in the Senate to leverage defunding ACA against shutting own Government - and it is likely these votes will shrink as Republicans become more strident in their cockamamie stunts.

Republicans are divided on the political wisdom of threatening a government shutdown over the issue. North Carolina’s Republican Senator Richard Burr called it “the dumbest idea I’ve ever heard of.”

defunding obamacare will not shut down the government. It would only shut down obamacare, and that would be good for america.

Its not blackmail, its not leverage. its doing what is right for the country.

obamacare is destroying jobs every day, it will add billions to the deficit. It is terrible legislation.

"....conservatives, and libertarians think for themselves, hold strong opinions and are true to their beliefs".

Yes indeed, Americans are totally aware that Conservatives put themselves, and their ideology over Country.

That has been clearly evident in the persistently failed Republican administrations over the last 100 years.

:)

Last edited:
Back on topic: Republican talk of "leverage" (ne blackmail) is so much more of their "feel good" pap - like Tom Coburns threat of 'impeachment'

Republicans have 80 votes in the House and 13 in the Senate to leverage defunding ACA against shutting own Government - and it is likely these votes will shrink as Republicans become more strident in their cockamamie stunts.

Republicans are divided on the political wisdom of threatening a government shutdown over the issue. North Carolina’s Republican Senator Richard Burr called it “the dumbest idea I’ve ever heard of.”

defunding obamacare will not shut down the government. It would only shut down obamacare, and that would be good for america.

obamacare is destroying jobs every day, it will add billions to the deficit. It is terrible legislation.

The GOP would do well to offer a replacement/solution to Obamacare. There are things in it .... pre-existing conditions being covered for example ... that are good. If all the GOP offers is to shut it down/defund it, with nothing else, they will fail. If Obamacare is so awful it shouldn't be that hard to come up with something better. So far I haven't heard any ideas from the GOP on this. I get the whole 'defund it before it gets worse' line of thinking ... I just believe they'd get a lot more support if they had something else to offer.

"....conservatives, and libertarians think for themselves, hold strong opinions and are true to their beliefs".

Yes indeed, Americans are totally aware that Conservatives put themselves, and their ideology over Country.

That has been clearly evident in the persistently failed Republican administrations over the last 100 years.

^^^^too stupid to merit response. but a candidate for the idiotic post of the day award. :lol:

....defunding obamacare will not shut down the government

Of course not, but defunding ACA won't happen in Congress, because Republicans don't have the votes.

So the tea party crowd is pushing use of "leverage" (ne blackmail) .... threatening to shut down Government.

Which most Republicans think is a stupid idea.

Last edited:

The GOP would do well to offer a replacement/solution to Obamacare. There are things in it .... pre-existing conditions being covered for example ... that are good. If all the GOP offers is to shut it down/defund it, with nothing else, they will fail. If Obamacare is so awful it shouldn't be that hard to come up with something better. So far I haven't heard any ideas from the GOP on this. I get the whole 'defund it before it gets worse' line of thinking ... I just believe they'd get a lot more support if they had something else to offer.

I agree, they need to be very clear on what they propose to replace obozocare. But first they must stop it from being implemented on 10/1 and the only way to do that is to not fund it.

....defunding obamacare will not shut down the government

And that won't happen in Congress, because Republicans don't have the votes.

So the tea party crowd is pushing use of "leverage" (ne blackmail) .... threatening to shut down Government.

Which most Republicans think is a stupid idea.

you are wrong on all counts. watch and learn.

Not worry. The radical reactionary right of Mike Lee's silliness will go nowhere with the plan, because the mainstream GOP in the Senate have told him to fuck off.

I agree, they need to be very clear on what they propose to replace obozocare. But first they must stop it from being implemented on 10/1 and the only way to do that is to not fund it.

I agree with you. However, they've had ample time to come up with something else and so far they haven't. Their defunding-to-prevent-implementation would hold more water if they had done their homework.

Not worry. The radical reactionary right of Mike Lee's silliness will go nowhere with the plan, because the mainstream GOP in the Senate have told him to fuck off.

so the country gets full blown obamacare shoved up its ass--------and you seem happy about that. are you a complete lunatic?

The GOP would do well to offer a replacement/solution to Obamacare

Republicans have no intention of coming up with a replacement or substitution or modifications to ACA.

Assistance to Americans in paying the highest Medical care bills in the world - is not on their agenda.

I agree with you. However, they've had ample time to come up with something else and so far they haven't. Their defunding-to-prevent-implementation would hold more water if they had done their homework.

Ok, they didn't do their homework. so does that mean we let the marxists win and destroy the country?

I don't really care if you find me credible or not. I believe what I believe and I don't give a shit if you or anyone else agrees. I know what is right and what is wrong, I know what works and what does not work. I have studied history and see that the USA is following the pattern of all of the great civilizations of the past that have failed. Your use of the work reactionary just removes what little credibility you might have. Grow up, lose the stupid insults, and have a mature discussion of what is destroying our great country. Hint------its not "reactionaries"

You are a failed reactionary of the far right, who along with those few who think like you will never have another chance of influence in the party.

You are what you are: a failed political reactionary.

Your immaturity is obvious, so move along.

Republicans have no intention of coming up with a replacement or substitution or modifications to ACA.

Assistance to Americans in paying the highest Medical care bills in the world - is not on their agenda.

So far they haven't. And they wonder why people are leaving the GOP.

Until we in the GOP offer a sensible program, we will lose on this issue.

These thick headed insane ditto heads like Mike Lee don't go away unless they are voted away .... c.f. Allen West and Joe Walsh

which americans are paying the highest medical bills in the world? those on medicaid? nope, those on medicare? nope. those on welfare? nope. those with insurance? nope. those with no insurance who get free treatment at ERs and free clinics? nope.

so tell me drivebyfool, which americans are paying these terribly high medical bills?

I don't really care if you find me credible or not. I believe what I believe and I don't give a shit if you or anyone else agrees. I know what is right and what is wrong, I know what works and what does not work. I have studied history and see that the USA is following the pattern of all of the great civilizations of the past that have failed. Your use of the work reactionary just removes what little credibility you might have. Grow up, lose the stupid insults, and have a mature discussion of what is destroying our great country. Hint------its not "reactionaries"

You are a failed reactionary of the far right, who along with those few who think like you will never have another chance of influence in the party.

He's for smaller federal govt; lower taxes; less govt intrusion into our lives; sensible foreign policy; sensible fiscal policy ... and you call that "failed political reactionary"??

They sound like just like things you would be for, Jake.

:confused:

which americans are paying the highest medical bills in the world? those on medicaid? nope, those on medicare? nope. those on welfare? nope. those with insurance? nope. those with no insurance who get free treatment at ERs and free clinics? nope.

so tell me drivebyfool, which americans are paying these terribly high medical bills?

Stop the nonsense. Now! We pay the highest bills in the world for terribly inefficient medical care that leaves us with lower longevity and higher pain levels.

Redfish, our "free market" system has failed except to enrich business and their political allies.

What do you suggest?

fuck you--------you are a juvenile idiot. I tried to have a civil discussion with you and you come up with this ^^^crap.

I am done with you.

Forum List

Back