GOP outlaws consumer class action suits against financial institutions.

Senate Votes to Repeal Financial Class Action Rule

Wall Street wins.

You lose.

This is what the GOP calls "draining the swamp"

Apparently, the business of the federal government is to protect Wells Fargo from evil consumers.

The 50 Republican Senators and the VP who voted to break the tie each voted for their constituency. No one with any sense believes the Republican Party seeks to protect We the People. Their jobs depend on bribes, the financial support and other perks provided by Corporate Lobbies.
Those same We the People that Obama and Hillary left to die in Benghazi? You know at this point what difference does it make that 4 US citizens were butchered by Al Qaeda?

Wall Street wins.

You lose.

Apparently, the business of the federal government is to protect Wells Fargo from evil consumers.
According to your link, the average Class Action consumer gets a whopping average of $32.00 while the lawyers who won the suit gets millions. And you would want to keep that rule in effect? What's the catch?

Wall Street wins.

You lose.

The 50 Republican Senators and the VP who voted to break the tie each voted for their constituency. No one with any sense believes the Republican Party seeks to protect We the People. Their jobs depend on bribes, the financial support and other perks provided by Corporate Lobbies.

Isn't it funny how it's the commiecrats that get the highly paid wall street speeches and big donations? Me thinks I'm seeing a bit of projection here.

Wall Street wins.

You lose.

Most class action suits result in a coupon for a free slurpee for the plaintiffs, and a new yacht for the trial lawyers.

...and a huge payout by the corporation that lost....
And then higher prices to the consumers who have to pay for the class action lawsuit. No more phishing bullshit. Win, win, for the US citizen.

That would be a great argument to stop requiring automakers from issuing safety recalls! My brother's Pinto would light up like a zippo lighter if hit in the rear, but, by god, it was cheap!
Strawman as usual... Why would McDonalds have to pay hundreds of thousands of dollars to a stupid bitch who put her HOT coffee between her legs then get in an accident that burned her legs? Phishing...

Wall Street wins.

You lose.

Most class action suits result in a coupon for a free slurpee for the plaintiffs, and a new yacht for the trial lawyers.

So money gets transferred from the 1% you don't like, to the 1% you do like....

great....

If that discourages corporations from illegally ripping me off, yeah, i can live with that.

Wall Street wins.

You lose.

And then higher prices to the consumers who have to pay for the class action lawsuit. No more phishing bullshit. Win, win, for the US citizen.

That would be a great argument to stop requiring automakers from issuing safety recalls! My brother's Pinto would light up like a zippo lighter if hit in the rear, but, by god, it was cheap!
------------------------------------------------- Pintos were ok , i had a VEGA that i bought used , woulda bought a Pinto if it had been available . Vega , Pinto , didn't matter to me , let the buyer BEWARE VShandle .
------------------------------------------------------------------------------- what , you aren't adult enough to handle your own affairs and you need a Nanny or Minder VShandle ??

Wall Street wins.

You lose.

Those same We the People that Obama and Hillary left to die in Benghazi? You know at this point what difference does it make that 4 US citizens were butchered by Al Qaeda?

Oh, lord, here we go again.........

Wall Street wins.

You lose.

Isn't it funny how it's the commiecrats that get the highly paid wall street speeches and big donations? Me thinks I'm seeing a bit of projection here.

...and yet, not one single democrat in the senate voted for this bill.

I suspect that you are not the brightest bulb on the tree.

i get these postcards every once in awhile , i throw them out but i guess that they are supposed to be signed and sent back in so that a person can take part in the SCAM .

Wall Street wins.

You lose.

Strawman as usual... Why would McDonalds have to pay hundreds of thousands of dollars to a stupid bitch who put her HOT coffee between her legs then get in an accident that burned her legs? Phishing...

good point. Let's make suing McDonald's illegal, too. Then, when they poison people, they can take them to arbitration....if they live.

------------------------------------------------- Pintos were ok , i had a VEGA that i bought used , woulda bought a Pinto if it had been available . Vega , Pinto , didn't matter to me , let the buyer BEWARE VShandle .
------------------------------------------------------------------------------- what , you aren't adult enough to handle your own affairs and you need a Nanny or Minder VShandle ??

Trolling. no content, and not worthy of a serious response.

Wall Street wins.

You lose.

great....

If that discourages corporations from illegally ripping me off, yeah, i can live with that.
How do corporations illegally rip you off?

good point. Let's make suing McDonald's illegal, too. Then, when they poison people, they can take them to arbitration....if they live.
Do you think that McDonalds would do good business if they poisoned people? What fucking drugs are you on? Oh yeah, Obamacare big pharma.... Bwaaaaahaaaaahhhhaaaaa...

Wall Street wins.

You lose.

great....

I guess that we will never know in the future, since the republicans have made it illegal for us to bring class action suits, but in the recent past, Wells Fargo has illegally opened hundreds of thousands of credit accounts of unaware consumers, damaging the credit of hundreds of thousands of people, for which WF were fined millions of dollars.

Is your memory that short?

great....

I guess that we will never know in the future, since the republicans have made it illegal for us to bring class action suits, but in the recent past, Wells Fargo has illegally opened hundreds of thousands of credit accounts of unaware consumers, damaging the credit of hundreds of thousands of people, for which WF were fined millions of dollars.

You do realize that this happened under Obama's watch, why didn't anything happen while he was president? Hmmm,,,,

Wall Street wins.

You lose.

This would have nothing to do with the lawyer profession being in the back pocket of the DNC, would it?

Just like health care, no need to have tort reform as part of the package according to the DIms. So if the law profession is perfect in every way and not broken, why fix it, right?

Lawyers are the best!

Once can refuse to join a class action suit and pursue a law suit on their own, or with a lawyer, as long as the defendant had a duty to them, breached that duty and they were harmed by that breach.

Of course that can be expensive given the rules of the court which require court costs, as well as log jams created by defendants and delays when Discovery is slow to proceed (for one example).

If every victim of Wells Fargo filed an individual suit in small claims court asking for the maximum ($10 k in CA + the Plaintiff Court Costs), WF could suffer the punishment it deserves no matter the outcome. Especially when the CEO and each bank manager nation-wide is subpoenaed duces tacem.

Imagine how many judicial districts would be involved, and how many many hours would be necessary.

Do you think that McDonalds would do good business if they poisoned people? What fucking drugs are you on? Oh yeah, Obamacare big pharma.... Bwaaaaahaaaaahhhhaaaaa...

Do you even watch the news? Chipotle is still in business after several e-coli outbreaks. Why haven't the feds protect them from evil consumers, too?

Wall Street wins.

You lose.

...and yet, not one single democrat in the senate voted for this bill.

I suspect that you are not the brightest bulb on the tree.

Of course the commiecrats wouldn't vote for it, it's another portion of your dear leaders legacy that's biting the dust, they've been catering to plaintiffs attorneys for decades.

Lawyers and law firms have given more money to House and Senate candidates and party committees than any other industry, with an overwhelming majority going to Democrats.

Trial lawyer industry tries to buy a Democratic majority

They seem to be playing both sides of the fence.

great....

You do realize that this happened under Obama's watch, why didn't anything happen while he was president? Hmmm,,,,

Can't you stay on topic for at least 5 minutes? How many votes did Obama cast in favor of this bill?

Forum List

Back