GOP voter disenfranchisement in Mississippi

bendog

Diamond Member
Mar 4, 2013
Dog House in back yard
We have roughly 2.9 million registered voters. All will now have to show picture IDs. Though, there is no actual case showing systemic voter fraud has occurred, and what fraud there is is most commonly with absentee ballots.

Some 360k registered voters have no ID. As the link indicates, the gop's means of providing ID's is .... not exactly working.

Mississippi voter ID distribution off to slow start (updated) | gulflive.com

As Gomer would say, "surprise surprise surprise."

So, my wife and I, who are card carrying republicans, ask ourselves .... "who the ef doesn't have an effing drivers' license?"

Well, one does have to be functionally literate to pass a driver's test. And, there are old people down here who never got a driver's license, and who depend on relatives for transportation.

I honestly have mixed feelings on this. It's wrong, but people can get elected on a platform of the gummit owes us reparations.

This is like requiring everyone to have a Hula Hoop and instead of asking "why the fuck do I need a Hula Hoop?"

Republicans see the new rule and ask "Who doesnt have a hula hoop? I mean c'mon"

I doubt 360k adults in any state have no ID. We need ID to do just about anything in daily life. Where are these people who have no ID?

Yes.

However, my wife and I drove through "the Hood" last night around 9pm, coming back from Vicksburg, and I believe we encountered some of them driving vehicles. Again, you have to be functionally literate to pass the driver's license test.

Last edited:
Yes.

However, my wife and I drove through "the Hood" last night around 9pm, coming back from Vicksburg, and I believe we encountered some of them driving vehicles. Again, you have to be functionally literate to pass the driver's license test.

again what does operating a vehicle have to do with voting?

This is like requiring everyone to have a Hula Hoop and instead of asking "why the fuck do I need a Hula Hoop?"

Republicans see the new rule and ask "Who doesn't have a hula hoop? I mean c'mon"

We must provide ID for nearly everything. No reason why a person should not be required to prove their identity to vote.
States provide ID free of charge. Or for a nominal fee.
Where's the problem?

You don't even need a DL get a state ID I had one when I was 19 because I lost my DL for speeding and no insurance! Cost like 5$

Republicans see the new rule and ask "Who doesnt have a hula hoop? I mean c'mon"

No. This is like someone saying you have to have proof of identification to get a credit card or loan, buy booze or prescription drugs, drive on public roads, vote, and other equally important activities that all require proof of identification.

Or... This like forcing a man to pay for prenatal care in his insurance, or birth control, or pediatric dentistry...

Yes.

I have yet to live in a state that did not offer a non-driving photo ID...

We have roughly 2.9 million registered voters. All will now have to show picture IDs. Though, there is no actual case showing systemic voter fraud has occurred, and what fraud there is is most commonly with absentee ballots.

Some 360k registered voters have no ID. As the link indicates, the gop's means of providing ID's is .... not exactly working.

So, my wife and I, who are card carrying republicans, ask ourselves .... "who the ef doesn't have an effing drivers' license?"

Well, one does have to be functionally literate to pass a driver's test. And, there are old people down here who never got a driver's license, and who depend on relatives for transportation.

I honestly have mixed feelings on this. It's wrong, but people can get elected on a platform of the gummit owes us reparations.

Yep, if their too stupid to get an ID I damned sure don't want them voting, don't care which party they claim.

Republicans see the new rule and ask "Who doesn't have a hula hoop? I mean c'mon"

We must provide ID for nearly everything.

So?

No reason why a person should not be required to prove their identity to vote.
States provide ID free of charge.

Again, why should they? and so?

Or for a nominal fee.
Where's the problem?

free...Or a fee who knows lets just require it.

Wheres the problem? You advocating for something when you dont know what it entails for starters

This is like having to show a Photo ID when you visit the DOJ to file a complaint in person that you're "Disenfranchised" by having to show a photo ID

Last edited:

No. This is like someone saying you have to have proof of identification to get a credit card or loan, buy booze or prescription drugs, drive on public roads, vote, and other equally important activities that all require proof of identification.

Yes you need ID for a lot of things. What about it?

Yes you need ID for a lot of things. What about it?

Are you smoking cannabis?

Do you believe that you should walk up to a poll and vote without showing anything?

Lots of people don't have DLs

But I don't know anybody, anywhere that doesn't have a valid ID.

You have GOT to have one to get by in this world.

How do you Bank? How do you receive Food Stamps? How do you receive Medicare, Medicaid, how do you cash a check, how do you make a deposit, how do you rent an apartment, how do you..... How do you do anything.

And let me tell you something else....

Millions of good men died to give us the right to vote and if someone is too GODDAM, motherfucking lazy to go get a free picture ID so they can vote?

Fuck 'em. And I'm serious as serious can be. Fuck 'em. They don't deserve to vote.

As to voter fraud? It's difficult to catch and almost impossible to get a conviction. Can't be done in today's world unless the stupid fucking dimocrap scrunt is stupid enough to admit it on TV....

Cincinnati poll worker sentenced to 5 years for voter fraud in presidential elections | Fox News

She boasted that she voted twice in last November's presidential election. She was charged with repeatedly voting illegally over three elections using the names of others, including her sister who has been in a coma for a decade.

Now 58-year-old Melowese Richardson, a veteran Cincinnati poll worker, will be spending the next five years in prison for voter fraud.

"You were the lifeguard, to make sure the system was conducted fairly, the greatest system on earth, the free election system," declared Court of Common Pleas Judge Robert P. Ruehlman, who sentenced Richardson to the five-year term. She faced up to 12 years behind bars after pleading no contest to four state counts in May.

"Your job was to make sure it was conducted fairly, but what did you do? You used this position of lifeguard, this position of trust to vote illegally."

Richardson's sister has been in a coma since 2003, and authorities said that the votes Richardson cast using her name counted in both the 2008 and 2012 presidential elections. She was also accused of illegally voting in November's election in the names of other people, including her granddaughter India Richardson, who told Fox News that "it wasn't a big deal."

But prosecutors ended up charging Richardson with multiple voter fraud counts for voting both in person, and by absentee ballot, in November.

And there are tens of thousands, maybe millions, more people who do this every election cycle. It's become a running joke among dimocrap scum.

It used to be an easy and quick $5 to go vote with a phony Voter ID down here. Now we require a picture ID with a signature.

Republicans seem to be winning a lot more elections since then. Although in National Elections, the professional liars, scum and fraudsters show up and mess things up.

Like when Broward and Dade Counties had more votes for obama than they had registered voters.

Or when every single vote in an entire precinct goes for obama... I mean, shit. The Republican had to get one, even if by accident.

dimocraps cheat. dimocraps lie. dimocraps steal. dimocraps corrupt.

They are the scum of the earth.

Anything at any cost to keep them out of office is worthwhile

Most states provide a photo ID for a minimal charge. A DL isn't required to vote, just a photo ID. When I took 36 Boy Scouts (ages 12 to 17) from Oklahoma to Virginia for the National Jamboree in 2005 and 2010, they all had to have an ID to get on the plane and to get into Fort AP Hill where the event was held. The state photo ID looks like the state DL, it's just portrait instead of landscape and a different color. It cost $10. Everyone fixates on a DL stating that not everyone needs one or qualifies for one. That's cool. But a state issued ID is easily obtainable and needed for a whole host of other things.

Forum List

Back