Gov Scott signs Gun Bill

...it takes rights away from Americans.

What rights does the law take away?

The right to keep and bear arms. Go look it up. It shall not be infringed.

Yeah, I asked my sixteen year old, if legislative reps. in our state passed such a law, what would he think? (When he turns of age.)

He told me, even though he has no desire to own such a weapon, he would find it insulting that they view him old enough to go fight in a war, old enough to get a job and pay taxes, and old enough to vote, yet, they would strip his constitutional rights?

He wouldn't vote for anyone, left or right, that would take such an action, and would hope that some eighteen year old would challenge the law in court for infringing on their civil liberties.

The bill includes language on procedures that would allow some teachers and staff to carry guns on campus. It also imposes a three-day waiting period for any gun purchase, raises the minimum legal age for buying all guns in Florida from 18 to 21, and prohibits those with mental health problems from owning a gun.
Doesn’t really seem like there is anything earth shattering here.

So what are "mental health problems" and who gets to define them?
My guess would be bi-polar disorder schizophrenia things of that nature and you would have to have been diagnosed with them by a mental health professional. To me this seems like they are just reworking laws that are already out there.

"It's not going to stop mass shootings."

No...by itself it won't stop them all. But if it keeps one kid....your kid....from being shot to death....it is a good thing.

The hard right gun nuts can argue all day that "they are taking your guns" and it is not and never will be true

But u won't stop cause half of you are either Bots or NRA plants.

The only two things stopping the commies from taking our guns is the Constitution and the judges that protect it. If not or that, they would be going door to door collecting them tomorrow:

Democrats propose $10,000 fine for gun owners who don’t have insurance

NY Gun Confiscation - Citizens Told to Turn in Firearms

Oh, and from the commies in my state:

Senate Bill 260 was introduced Feb. 20, six days after 17 people were gunned down in a Florida high school by a former student using an AR-15 rifle. The bill is in two general parts, one of which would ban the possession of semi-automatic firearms that are built with or accept magazines with a capacity of 10 rounds or more. The other section would instruct the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation to establish a statewide database to track the transfer of all firearms and ammunition.

Ohio firearms bill sparks strong views | News, Sports, Jobs - Marietta Times

But oh, nobody is coming for your guns.

They are gonna take my GUUUUUUUNNNNNZZZZZZZ, take my wife and my children but you must leave me my Guuuuuuunnnnnzzzzzzz! WTF is wrong with you fucking nuts. Nobody is coming for your damn GUUUUUUUNNNNNZZZZZZZ!

No...by itself it won't stop them all. But if it keeps one kid....your kid....from being shot to death....it is a good thing.

The hard right gun nuts can argue all day that "they are taking your guns" and it is not and never will be true

The only two things stopping the commies from taking our guns is the Constitution and the judges that protect it. If not or that, they would be going door to door collecting them tomorrow:

Senate Bill 260 was introduced Feb. 20, six days after 17 people were gunned down in a Florida high school by a former student using an AR-15 rifle. The bill is in two general parts, one of which would ban the possession of semi-automatic firearms that are built with or accept magazines with a capacity of 10 rounds or more. The other section would instruct the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation to establish a statewide database to track the transfer of all firearms and ammunition.

They are gonna take my GUUUUUUUNNNNNZZZZZZZ, take my wife and my children but you must leave me my Guuuuuuunnnnnzzzzzzz! WTF is wrong with you fucking nuts. Nobody is coming for your damn GUUUUUUUNNNNNZZZZZZZ!

You couldn't possibly be more wrong.

Actually it is you that is so wrong!

The NRA filed a Federal Law Suit against the Law Rick Scott signed
NRA sues state over gun bill
Tallahassee.com-28 minutes ago
The National Rifle Association filed a federal lawsuit this afternoon against the state to block a law just signed by Gov. Rick Scott this afternoon that prohibits gun sales to anyone between the ages of 18 and 21. "We filed a lawsuit against the state for violating the constitutional rights of 18 to 21 year olds," ...

Scott ignored the email I sent him.

He really fucked up with this. The bill is worthless and will do nothing to protect the students and it takes rights away from Americans. The bill is a joke.

It is a shame because he has been a good governor but he really fucked this one up. I will not be voting for Scott in the Republican primary.

He lost a lot of support from the enormous gun community in Florida and he didn't pick one Moon Bat vote. He will have to suffer the consequences of being a weak minded RINO.

More states will follow suit until someone in DC grows a pair and comes up with some
common sense gun laws.
/——/ Common Sense gun laws defined: Total ban and confiscation.

The National Rifle Association filed a federal lawsuit this afternoon against the state to block a law just signed by Gov. Rick Scott this afternoon that prohibits gun sales to anyone between the ages of 18 and 21. "We filed a lawsuit against the state for violating the constitutional rights of 18 to 21 year olds," ...
They should, 18 is considered an adult and there is Absolutely no reason for a three day waiting period....

You are being far to modest. You are the WRONGEST.

Try paying attention to the anti-gun hysteria across the country. Just as that mob mentality has destroyed due process for men accused of rape-harassment-flirting, the Snowflake Mob would love to seize our guns. They are too chicken to confront actual gun owners face to face, but they will use the government to accomplish the goal via making it virtually impossible to acquire guns and ammo.

Yeah, I asked my sixteen year old, if legislative reps. in our state passed such a law, what would he think? (When he turns of age.)

He told me, even though he has no desire to own such a weapon, he would find it insulting that they view him old enough to go fight in a war, old enough to get a job and pay taxes, and old enough to vote, yet, they would strip his constitutional rights?

He wouldn't vote for anyone, left or right, that would take such an action, and would hope that some eighteen year old would challenge the law in court for infringing on their civil liberties.

The NRA is filing suit against the Florida Legislature and Governor. Good for them.

Scott ignored the email I sent him.

He really fucked up with this. The bill is worthless and will do nothing to protect the students and it takes rights away from Americans. The bill is a joke.

It is a shame because he has been a good governor but he really fucked this one up. I will not be voting for Scott in the Republican primary.

He lost a lot of support from the enormous gun community in Florida and he didn't pick one Moon Bat vote. He will have to suffer the consequences of being a weak minded RINO.

More states will follow suit until someone in DC grows a pair and comes up with some
common sense gun laws.
/——/ Common Sense gun laws defined: Total ban and confiscation.

"Common sense" in the world of Moon Bats is bat shit crazy in the real world.

They should, 18 is considered an adult and there is Absolutely no reason for a three day waiting period....

There are several really bad things in this bill in addition to the two that you mentioned. However, the worst is curtailment of due process.

This bill was a knee jerk reaction and is despicable.

You are being far to modest. You are the WRONGEST.

Try paying attention to the anti-gun hysteria across the country. Just as that mob mentality has destroyed due process for men accused of rape-harassment-flirting, the Snowflake Mob would love to seize our guns. They are too chicken to confront actual gun owners face to face, but they will use the government to accomplish the goal via making it virtually impossible to acquire guns and ammo.

My GGGGGGUUUUUUUUNNNNNZZZZZ!:backpedal::haha:

Bullshit Moon Bat.

See the thread that I posted earlier today about the fucking Libtard assholes in the Illinois Legislature passing a bill to confiscate firearms.

This bill in Florida sure as hell contains confiscation if some government jerk off thinks you may possibly be a threat.

Bullshit Moon Bat.

See the thread that I posted earlier today about the fucking Libtard assholes in the Illinois Legislature passing a bill to confiscate firearms.

This bill in Florida sure as hell contains confiscation if some government jerk off thinks you may possibly be a threat.

Snowflake there are idiots on the extremes of both sides of this issue. They are not gonna take your GGGGGUUUUUUUNNNNNNNZZZZZZ!

You idiot....I am a gun owners....several guns. NOBODY IS GOING TO TAKE MY GUNS.

You are playing an old NRA song that is losing it effect. Americans will always be able to own guns.

Bullshit Moon Bat.

Snowflake there are idiots on the extremes of both sides of this issue. They are not gonna take your GGGGGUUUUUUUNNNNNNNZZZZZZ!

I'm so sorry. Your affliction must be quite a heavy burden.

More states will be coming with similar fire arm restrictions. Mainly because the GOP in DC has been bought and sold by the NRA.

No need to look it up, I exercise it everyday. I do not see where the law denies that right. Perhaps you could show me the part of the law that does that...
You are confused about this.

If you can't buy arms then the filthy government has denied you the right to keep and bear arms.

If the filthy government can confiscate your arms without due process when you haven't committed a crime then you have been denied the right to keep and bear arms.

If the filthy government denies you the right to carry an arm to protect yourself then you have been denied the right to keep and bear arms.

This despicable bill does all three of those infringements.

Forum List

Back