Gov Scott signs Gun Bill

Just the beginning?

. . . . and here I thought they weren't trying to take the guns. Isn't that what they said?

More states will follow suit. No one is taking you guns...idiot...
If the Florida law does not decrease gun deaths, but does affect gun sales, why would other states follow suit?

It probably won't decrease gun deaths but all of you over 21 you're running out right now and buying more guns because you think that in your lifetime someone is going to gut the 2nd amendment, so therefore raising gun sales.

I have no dog in this fight, I don't own, nor do I have an intention to.

Also, I know they can't "gut" the 2nd, you need an amendment process to do that.

I was talking about facts. Money talks, bullshit walks.

If this law does nothing, but it hurts an industry, I doubt other states will follow suit.

I have one, but I know unless someone steals it from the government isn't coming to take it and if I want to purchase more I can. But what Scott did isn't going to stop it. My first gun a 38 back in 1970 was given to me with serial number missing from someone I knew in the service, took me a few years to realize it was either stolen or used in a crime so got rid of it. You can get a gun with or without laws.

Only one thing going to stop or lessen school shootings, build them as a fortress with metal detector's as you walk through one door.
lol! Prisons are like that but they have issues containing people. This would just be another failed dim policy that got people killed.

But she is right, not many folks gun down prisoners with semi-automatic rifles or any guns that I am aware. Just the occasional shanking.

:lmao:
What is she right about? And what are you talking about? No one said anything about gunning down convicts, and I only pointed out the FACT that prisons or fortresses aren't completely secure. Can you respond that that or will you troll more?

Only one thing going to stop or lessen school shootings, build them as a fortress with metal detector's as you walk through one door.

I see, build them a fortress to stop murderers from getting in, but building a wall on the southern border is a waste of money because it won't solve any problems.

Gothca.

So Ray from Cleveland please find a post that I posted saying I protest the wall. I don't care one way or the other whether they build a wall. Oh I may have said it stop anyone from getting in if they really wanted to, I'll admit to that.

lol! Prisons are like that but they have issues containing people. This would just be another failed dim policy that got people killed.

A dim policy? Keep voting party line low IQ boy.
Classic spin from repsonding to the fact that prisons are broke in and out of.

A quick Google search revealed that this is the only prison shooting I could find in the past couple decades. . .

2 federal employees die in Fla. prison shooting

A quick Google search revealed that this is the only prison shooting I could find in the past couple decades. . .

Yet you are the only one talking about it. Ok troll, goodbye.

I see, build them a fortress to stop murderers from getting in, but building a wall on the southern border is a waste of money because it won't solve any problems.

Gothca.

So Ray from Cleveland please find a post that I posted saying I protest the wall. I don't care one way or the other whether they build a wall. Oh I may have said it stop anyone from getting in if they really wanted to, I'll admit to that.

Well you're a leftist and that is the default position of the left.

But she is right, not many folks gun down prisoners with semi-automatic rifles or any guns that I am aware. Just the occasional shanking.

:lmao:
What is she right about? And what are you talking about? No one said anything about gunning down convicts, and I only pointed out the FACT that prisons or fortresses aren't completely secure. Can you respond that that or will you troll more?

Of course they aren't "completely secure," nothing is. What we are talking about here is school shootings. Do you think anyone contemplating a shooting at a school is going to do it if they have to figure out how to circumvent complex security and get the weapon inside first?

Or figure out how to shank everyone instead?

Of course not, they will move their planned target to a mall or church instead.

The focus should be on the individual, not the target.

DUH.

Gothca.

Well you're a leftist and that is the default position of the left.

Damn, you were back so fast I thought I might have forgotten and you found a post. If someone has a will there is a way and it may be a waste of money, but even if you build a school like fortress and place metal detector's and stop selling guns legally, where there is a will there is a way.

Yet you are the only one talking about it. Ok troll, goodbye.

No, I'm trying to draw in illustrative analogy about a hardened target.

You can't do a mass shooting inside a hardened target. Sorry that fact is lost on you.

"It's not going to stop mass shootings."

No...by itself it won't stop them all. But if it keeps one kid....your kid....from being shot to death....it is a good thing.

The hard right gun nuts can argue all day that "they are taking your guns" and it is not and never will be true

But u won't stop cause half of you are either Bots or NRA plants.

For the vast majority of schools, that is simply a non-starter. Mainly because most of you dropped out in middle school or earlier when you turned 16.

Forgive me Mr. Dickhead cum laude. Did I spell that right teach?

For the vast majority of schools, that is simply a non-starter. Mainly because most of you dropped out in middle school or earlier when you turned 16.

Forgive me Mr. Dickhead cum laude. Did I spell that right teach?

Well, "metal detector's" is possessive instead of plural, but I let that one slide because everyone knows you are a dumbass!

No...by itself it won't stop them all. But if it keeps one kid....your kid....from being shot to death....it is a good thing.

The hard right gun nuts can argue all day that "they are taking your guns" and it is not and never will be true

The only two things stopping the commies from taking our guns is the Constitution and the judges that protect it. If not or that, they would be going door to door collecting them tomorrow:

Democrats propose $10,000 fine for gun owners who don’t have insurance

NY Gun Confiscation - Citizens Told to Turn in Firearms

Oh, and from the commies in my state:

Senate Bill 260 was introduced Feb. 20, six days after 17 people were gunned down in a Florida high school by a former student using an AR-15 rifle. The bill is in two general parts, one of which would ban the possession of semi-automatic firearms that are built with or accept magazines with a capacity of 10 rounds or more. The other section would instruct the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation to establish a statewide database to track the transfer of all firearms and ammunition.

Ohio firearms bill sparks strong views | News, Sports, Jobs - Marietta Times

But oh, nobody is coming for your guns.

The bill includes language on procedures that would allow some teachers and staff to carry guns on campus. It also imposes a three-day waiting period for any gun purchase, raises the minimum legal age for buying all guns in Florida from 18 to 21, and prohibits those with mental health problems from owning a gun.
Doesn’t really seem like there is anything earth shattering here.

So what are "mental health problems" and who gets to define them?

Bots and NRA plants huh?

How about decent Americans that just know how American politics work and don't intend to let the courts legislate the 2nd Amendment away?

First it is this law, than it is another, then another. . .

Incrementalism | political science

Forum List

Back