Government health care draws sick people away from God’

Do you really think that universal health care means unlimited benefits? Does medicare provide unlimited benefits?

Single payer is the same thing as rationed.

I don't have a failed premise. He needs to go. Yes, it's a problem.

He needs to go where? Why is that any of your responsibility or concern? Do you live in his district in Tennessee? If so, run against him!

If not, take your anti-religious attitude and shove it!

It's not an anti-religious attitude. Vote his ass out.

Yes, it is. You have stated your position without any doubt.

Now, put your money where your mouth is and run against him! Until then, shut your pie hole about his religious beliefs until it impacts you.

Fuck off. My position is that putting clinics in a church for conversion is wrong as hell.
Christianity is based on the premise of spreading the word to the world. Some churches are very active in that. I'm not sure why this seems a new concept to you.

Why would you think it's a new concept?

He needs to go where? Why is that any of your responsibility or concern? Do you live in his district in Tennessee? If so, run against him!

Now, put your money where your mouth is and run against him! Until then, shut your pie hole about his religious beliefs until it impacts you.

Fuck off. My position is that putting clinics in a church for conversion is wrong as hell.
Christianity is based on the premise of spreading the word to the world. Some churches are very active in that. I'm not sure why this seems a new concept to you.

You seem to be reacting to it as if you've not been confronted with it before. Is it just because it's healthcare? Just because it's in the U.S.? The Shakers adopted oodles of children. The Catholic church runs many hospitals, has Sisters dedicated to nursing. Churches send missionaries everywhere to help and meanwhile proselytize. How is this different?

That’s the view of Dr Mark Green, above, a God-besotted state senator in Tennessee who could soon become Trump’s new US Army Secretary.

In 2015, Green told a church group:

I see our sort of government-based assistance taking God out of the picture. If you look at the Gospels and you go and study the Gospels, every person who came to Christ came to Christ with a physical need. It was either hunger or a disease.

He lamented the fact that that citizens in the United States now rely instead on the government to assist them, thus limiting the role of Christian churches to help the afflicted.

The person who’s in need … they look to the government for the answer, not God, and I think in that way government has done an injustice that’s even bigger than just the creation of an entitlement welfare state … I think it interrupts the opportunity for people to come to a saving knowledge of who God is.

He said that he hoped to personally set up free healthcare clinics at churches throughout Tennessee. Green is President/CEO of Align MD, an emergency department staffing company with businesses in five Southeastern states and he:
The Freethinker - The voice of atheism since 1881 » ‘Government health care draws sick people away from God’

Get rid of this whackadoo.
Should we blame the Senate of any State, for having more than Ten Commandments from a god? Any laws instead of moral commandments, "draws people away from god".

Do you really think that universal health care means unlimited benefits? Does medicare provide unlimited benefits?

Single payer is the same thing as rationed.
Only the woefully uncomprehending individual thinks any such thing.

That’s the view of Dr Mark Green, above, a God-besotted state senator in Tennessee who could soon become Trump’s new US Army Secretary.

I see our sort of government-based assistance taking God out of the picture. If you look at the Gospels and you go and study the Gospels, every person who came to Christ came to Christ with a physical need. It was either hunger or a disease.

He lamented the fact that that citizens in the United States now rely instead on the government to assist them, thus limiting the role of Christian churches to help the afflicted.

The person who’s in need … they look to the government for the answer, not God, and I think in that way government has done an injustice that’s even bigger than just the creation of an entitlement welfare state … I think it interrupts the opportunity for people to come to a saving knowledge of who God is.

He said that he hoped to personally set up free healthcare clinics at churches throughout Tennessee. Green is President/CEO of Align MD, an emergency department staffing company with businesses in five Southeastern states and he:
The Freethinker - The voice of atheism since 1881 » ‘Government health care draws sick people away from God’

You need to keep abreast of things. He declined Trump's consideration. Now, you can leave him alone and go back to your regularly scheduled tearing down of this nation.

Dr. Mark Green, Tennessee State Senator for District 22, serves as the Vice-Chair of the Senate Commerce and Insurance Committee as well as a member of the Agriculture and Natural Resources Committees. He is the Chaplain of the Senate GOP Caucus and was selected as the Tennessee Journal’s Rookie of the year in 2013 and has won legislator of the year for numerous organizations. He recently won recognition as the NFIB’s Guardian of Small Business. Mark was also recognized as one of GOPAC’s top 21 Emerging Leaders for the Country.

I know. Get rid of this mother fucker.
For what, hon?
Any federal role. Communism is anti-religion. He would be a good guy to place in charge of cutting government waste.

No. This is not a communist country. Try again.

If the libs had their way, it would be in a heartbeat!
What makes anybody think being a communist is not a religion?
They follow one book just like a religion right?

They have a power structure just like a religion right?
They have a pre determined form of punishment just like many religions right?
You must belong or you are as n outcast right?

Being a communist is like following a terrorist religion without using the name religion.

This is not a communist country.
Thank God Republicans stood up to Obama...or it would be. Thank God for Donald J. Trump.

You seem to be reacting to it as if you've not been confronted with it before. Is it just because it's healthcare? Just because it's in the U.S.? The Shakers adopted oodles of children. The Catholic church runs many hospitals, has Sisters dedicated to nursing. Churches send missionaries everywhere to help and meanwhile proselytize. How is this different?

Financial Assistance to Church-Related Institutions

Seriously?

Does the entity receive public funding? No. Carry on. Yes? get a grip.

Separation of church and state. The Catholic Church is separate from it's medical care and has to be in order to receive public funds. Churches sending missionaries anywhere is not my problem.

You need to keep abreast of things. He declined Trump's consideration. Now, you can leave him alone and go back to your regularly scheduled tearing down of this nation.

Dr. Mark Green, Tennessee State Senator for District 22, serves as the Vice-Chair of the Senate Commerce and Insurance Committee as well as a member of the Agriculture and Natural Resources Committees. He is the Chaplain of the Senate GOP Caucus and was selected as the Tennessee Journal’s Rookie of the year in 2013 and has won legislator of the year for numerous organizations. He recently won recognition as the NFIB’s Guardian of Small Business. Mark was also recognized as one of GOPAC’s top 21 Emerging Leaders for the Country.

I know. Get rid of this mother fucker.
Any federal role. Communism is anti-religion. He would be a good guy to place in charge of cutting government waste.

No. This is not a communist country. Try again.

If the libs had their way, it would be in a heartbeat!
What makes anybody think being a communist is not a religion?
They follow one book just like a religion right?

They have a power structure just like a religion right?
They have a pre determined form of punishment just like many religions right?
You must belong or you are as n outcast right?

Being a communist is like following a terrorist religion without using the name religion.

This is not a communist country.
Thank God Republicans stood up to Obama...or it would be. Thank God for Donald J. Trump.

No. No, it wouldn't. Obama and Co. are neoliberals and are all about the free market.

Should we blame the Senate of any State, for having more than Ten Commandments from a god? Any laws instead of moral commandments, "draws people away from god".

I think you will find the "Commandments" are actually laws that predate Christianity.

Seriously?

Separation of church and state. The Catholic Church is separate from it's medical care and has to be in order to receive public funds. Churches sending missionaries anywhere is not my problem.
I'm not comfortable with the churches being promoted by the government, either. The law being considered in Texas about adoption is horrifying in its nuzzling up to conservative Christian thought. I agree with you that if the location is a church for the sole reason of conversion, it should be funded solely by the church.

Sometimes you have to accept what people say within the context of when, where, and to whom they say it.

Take a look at what BO said about the Bulldyke when he ran against her in 2008, then compare what he said when he campaigned for her in 2016.

You're trying making a big deal out of nothing.

Seriously?

I'm not comfortable with the churches being promoted by the government, either. The law being considered in Texas about adoption is horrifying in its nuzzling up to conservative Christian thought. I agree with you that if the location is a church for the sole reason of conversion, it should be funded solely by the church.

Texas has way more going on in that arena than people realize and they are going to have major problems in the future.

Dr. Green's sole purpose is for conversion and profit. Is he targeting the elite squad? Nope. He wants to target the population that desperately needs health care. Which is kind of funny because it is all about poverty is a sin.

Sometimes you have to accept what people say within the context of when, where, and to whom they say it.

Take a look at what BO said about the Bulldyke when he ran against her in 2008, then compare what he said when he campaigned for her in 2016.

For pandering?

For pandering?

Yep, name me the politician who hasn't pandered.

For pandering?

This pandering is out of line for the reasons I have already stated.

I think you will find the "Commandments" are actually laws that predate Christianity.
It is about morality. The right wing has no claim to it, with more than Ten Commandments, and laissez-fair, all the rest of the way!

For pandering?

In your opinion. In my opinion this pandering is out of line- and my opinion is more valid because you're a woman.

And it's not surprising then they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy toward people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations.

For pandering?

In your opinion. In my opinion this pandering is out of line- and my opinion is more valid because you're a woman.

And it's not surprising then they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy toward people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations.

You are entitled to your opinion, if you are a member of his district. Until then, you are just serving up religious bigotry of an exceptional vintage.

Because you say so? You must have me confused with someone who gives a shit what you think.

I guess being a bigot is OK, just don't be surprised when it bites you in the ass.

Thank goodness he withdrew. We don't need monsters like that in our government. America dodged a bullet with Mark Green and Andy Puzder, though we unfortunately have Tom Price.

This is not a Christian nation. Never has been. Never will be. It's not about your religion, it's about people's lives. Faith healing does not work. Universal healthcare does, and we are decades overdue for it.

Forum List

Back