Governor Christie Rises Above the Fray!

I've never sung Christie's praises due to his views being in nearly direct opposite of mine. And if he runs on a Republican ticket and "wins," in states dominated by Republican primary Democrats, I WILL vote Libertarian, although I have no plans to jump ship at this time.

With Democrats having picked the last two Republican runners, McCain and Romney, I've had it with damn primaries picking liberals rather than conservative people who would not sell us out after their election for ANY reason.

And that's what I think

I like Christie. Always have.

He's an in your face kinda guy. He doesn't give shit one what anyone thinks of him. I like that.

I find him refreshing after the asskissers that abound in politics.
Lots of people feel exactly that way about Christie -- and Christie knows it. He fits in well with Obama because both are expert fakers.

images

As time alone will tell.

Deleted. My info was wrong.

Now all you need to do is delete everything you have posted!

theDoctorisIn said:
Christie is apparently a "RINO" because he doesn't hate gays, Muslims or Obama.

When all else fails, play the homophobe, race and anti-Islam card. Classic leftist horseshit.

yes.......... but we can't be that lucky

and

yes...................didn't expect that one from the Doctor..sad

Don't worry... if fatass runs for president in '16, it will be as a democrat [...]
Count on it. That is unless the covers are pulled off Obama and he's exposed for what he really is. Then Christie will turn on him like a stepped-on snake.

I can agree with that, on an ethical level. But politics is about self-preservation, which is why he did what he did.

I can't fault a politician for playing politics, it's what we pay them to do.

And that's why the people have lost this country.

How silly of me to think we paid them to represent us and uphold our Constitutional liberties

Last edited:
My bet is that not securing the senate seat for the gop for good and not hold the election til 2014 finishes him nationally .... for now. I'd think he could beat Menendez in 2016. And, I see no hope that the gop will not remain insane until at least 2020.

This ought to be fun.

Christie appoints N.J. attorney general to replace Lautenberg

Chiesa, who described himself as a "conservative Republican," said he wanted to "contribute in anyway I can" to the Senate and that he would use his "best judgment and skill" in serving the state. He called the appointment "an incredible honor," but insisted he was not interested in holding the job past October.

Chris Christie is indeed a politician but he's also very much a Jersey guy, and I truly believe he was devastated by Hurricane Sandy and what it did to his home state. There are some politicians out there who are more complicated than others, and I think he is genuine in some ways.

Christie just fucked himself from ever reaching higher office as either a Democrat or Republican

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Christie would be a typical democrat if the democrat party didn't evolve into something monstrous. He is liberal on every issue that is important to democrats. The problem for Christie was that he couldn't get endorsed by the party because he is too outspoken and honest for the DNC to control so he ran as a republican. When he appoints a democrat to the senate it will be perfectly clear that Christie is a RINO in the truest sense. I would hope that the democrat party takes him back into the fold . It would be the best thing all around.

Chris Christie is a Republican in literally every sense of the word if the Republican party did not evolve into what it has today. Hell, you people would be calling Eisenhower a full on liberal you're that backwards. You are the kind of person who says if you give immigrants amnesty or raise taxes or increase government in certain parts, then you are a full on liberal. Then you realize that Ronald Reagan did all three of those things and you are left speechless. You have been blinded by the Limbaugh's of the world and it is sad.

I wish I was old enough to see what the Republican Party use to be. When its members understood that compromise and working with your counterparts was something to be valued, not condemned. Maybe one day we will get back to that type of Republican, the real Republicans, not these "libertarians" or "tea partiers" that run around under the garb of the GOP making us look silly.

I DO remember and ...

Its ironic to me that the very people who idolize the cancer that was Reagan would not allow him in their Clown Car Clubhouse today.

Its the worst part about them.. They don't know their history. How many times could you count the name Ronald Regan mentioned in the Primaries? the funny part was, if he was up on that stage they would berate him for his "RINO" policies. Hey, ignorance is bliss though, right?

Conservatives don't trust Christie, so if the Republican run him in 2016 it's time to leave the Party

Don't worry... if fatass runs for president in '16, it will be as a democrat, and little snot nosed poser punks like the pretender youngrepublican will vote for him.

TRUE conservatives will be looking for someone like Dr. Ben Carson, Alan West or even Rand Paul to run.

Ya and you'll get all 5,000 votes that come with them. TRUE Republicans will be looking to win, not refill the car to crazy town and that doesn't necessarily mean Chris Christie. There are plenty of viable candidates. Dr. Ben Carson? The guy who compared homosexuality to bestiality? I truly am fascinated and this is a very serious question. How do you expect to win an election with a person like that? Please explain and not in your usual smug, curse ridden responses that no one ever takes seriously. In actual full sentences explain to me how you will get more than fifty million people to vote for DR. Carson.

Fellow New Jersian here as well. I couldn't be happier with Christy. He is my type of Republican and I consider him a true Republican. none of that crazy Michelle Bachman stuff, just a good old fashion, get it done type of guy.
(Excerpt)

New Jersey Governor Chris Christie is the embodiment of today's Republican Party and everything it has come to represent. You name it, Christie's got it: Disingenuous, smug, nasty? Check. Robotic servant of the corporate class, foisting its lobbyists' prefabricated laws on an unsuspecting public? Check. Hostile toward women? Double-check.

And last night he proved his bona fides as a Republican by proving he meets his party's other criterion, which is an absolute contempt toward the ordinary men and women who have been victimized by its policies. The night before the nation received its latest bad news on unemployment, Christie told a cheering Republican crowd that the nation's jobless were lazy examples of an entitlement mentality.

Needless to say, Chris Christie is now considered a leading Vice Presidential contender.

Richard (RJ) Eskow: Chris Christie: The Heartless, Smug, Bullying Embodiment of Today's Republican Party

(Close)

I know there is nothing I or anyone else can say that will alter your partisan inclination or the impression Christie has skillfully imparted to you. But you might be interested in reading the linked article. And there's a lot more if you'd care to do a little Google research.

That is a shame. He usually does not speak that way. I will chalk it up to the evil necessities of politics to pander and leave it at that. I hope he doesn't make a habit of it.

Too bad for the Repubs that Christie seems to be the exception to the rule these days :( If they worked w/ the President to address this great nation's issues & "governed" as opposed to constantly "attacking", THEIR favoribility might even improve

Last edited:
No, you didn't "call me on a completely different issue". My post was a direct response to other posts in the thread that called Christie a "RINO".

Yes, I did call you on an issue in my original reply to you and you won't address it. You are trying to lump me into those who called Christie RINO as a way to get out of my calling you out. I did not call Christie a RINO, if this is an issue with those who did call him a RINO, bring it up with them, not me. If you are not gonna address what I called you on, the don't even waste your time replying, because you are wasting my time.....SpinDoctor

What exactly do you think that you've "called me on"?

If you're talking about this:
theDoctorisIn said:
Christie is apparently a "RINO" because he doesn't hate gays, Muslims or Obama.

When all else fails, play the homophobe, race and anti-Islam card. Classic leftist horseshit.

I was referring to a few well-publicized recent situations when Christie was criticized by people on the Right for appointing a Muslim Judge, saying nice things about gays, and not attacking Obama.

A few situations and you use that as a reason to assume anyone calling Christie a RINO to be homophobes, racists and anti-Islam. Have you ever stopped to think that they call him a RINO is because he is too far to the left for their likings? A few well publicized situations...a few...pffffff:eusa_whistle:

Do you mean Dems whom are disenchanted w/ Obama whom would never admit they voted for him, even tho' they did?

Praytell, inquiring minds want to know.

Your sentence should be, "Do you mean Dems who are disenchanted w/Obama who would never admit they voted for him, even tho' they did?"

It's easy to figure out which is which. It has to do with objective case and subjective case. Substitute the words either they or them, or he/him, for your who/whom pronoun, and your ear will tell you which is correct.

You wouldn't say "You mean Dems them are disenchanted w/Obama them would never admit they voted for him, even tho' they did?"

But you could say, "You mean Dems, they are disenchanged w/Obama, they would never admit they voted for him, even tho' they did?"

They is subjective case; them is objective case. Who is subjective case. Whom is objective case.

Forum List

Back