Govt says walmart must pay for EBT shoppers that exceeded limit

Bullshit. The people should pay for it. Their cards should show a negative balance until their added allotments push them back into the black. And they should be penalized somehow for committing what they full well knew was fraud.

Bullshit. The people should pay for it. Their cards should show a negative balance until their added allotments push them back into the black. And they should be penalized somehow for committing what they full well knew was fraud.

So if I used my credit card that didn't authorize, they accepted it, I'd be responsible? Think this one through before posting.

Let me get this right.

The government is pissed off that people with EBT cards exceeded their spending limit?

Seriously? Upset that anyone would exceed their spending limit?

:lmao:

The government is printing $85 billion each and every month, and dumping in the lap of a continuously failing economy. They could give a flying fuck about this EBT fiasco.

As I said previously, Wal-Mart made the right call.

So if I used my credit card that didn't authorize, they accepted it, I'd be responsible? Think this one through before posting.

They did authorize. Keep up.

There is no way Walmart didn't know this was happening. You get someone with a trolley load of groceries that total hundreds of dollars, and they give you their EBT card, you know they are dodgy.

Walmart should have refused to sell them anything until the problem was fixed.

There is no way Walmart didn't know this was happening. You get someone with a trolley load of groceries that total hundreds of dollars, and they give you their EBT card, you know they are dodgy.

Walmart should have refused to sell them anything until the problem was fixed.

What else could they have done? Refuse and risk a massive PR disaster and loss of customership? Notify the government of the glitch? How many eons would that have taken?

Their hands were tied.

The people who went over their limit essentially robbed Walmart, and should be ashamed of themselves. Find out who they are and send them the bill.

Then they'll walk out on their responsibilities just like they did before the housing crash.

This is the same people we're talking about.

These are Obama's people.

walmart took the ebt cards knowing there was a glitch in the system...when an electrical outage hits our place....we go back to calling in credit cards....anything over 50 bucks...we dont have an outside line so it takes me calling the front office giving them all the info..and waiting while they get approval....we get called everything but a white girl.....and sure it pisses off the customers..but my job is to make sure everything is good....and my big boss is not losing money...he doesnt care how long shit takes he aint taking a loss....period...

This is crazy. This is all the fault of the govt, not walmart. The amount by which the shoppers exceeded their limit should be deducted from their future EBT allotments. That way nobody gets anything they don't deserve.

Food stamp shopping spree: Who pays? - KSLA News 12 Shreveport, Louisiana News Weather & Sports

Oct 14, 2013 7:23 PM

SHREVEPORT, LA (KSLA) -
Walmart may be on the hook for the shopping spree spurred by temporarily unlimited balances on EBT cards Saturday in at least 2 stores in the ArkLaTex.

KSLA News 12 obtained video showed overflowing shopping carts, excited shoppers, and empty shelves throughout Walmarts in Springhill and Mansfield, LA. The frenzy was reportedly created by a glitch in the EBT system that allowed card users to seemingly shop without a limit. In reality, there was a limit the whole time.

The Louisiana Department of Children and Family Services oversees those benefits, called SNAP, or Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program.

A spokesperson for LA DCFS tells KSLA News 12 that no EBT card is ever limitless, and that when these outages happen, the retailer has a responsibility to implement emergency procedures. Those procedures include placing a phone call and verbally approving a spending limit for the customer. Trey Williams with DCFS says some retailers chose not to do that.
Oh, snap. While everybody in the government gets paid a king's ransom for a salary, the government slaps one more after another restriction on somebody else's American dream.

Government is now the "I get something for nothing by voting Democrat" puerile attitude that has the IMF worried about America's fiscal future.

walmart was a willing partner in this in

but how fucking stupid are people.....are they so stupid they dont realize this is all traceable? its like when the bank gives you too much money...they will figure it out and track you down...

unfortunately not much can be done in the way of refusing them the ebt cards...cause then you will be punishing a lot of kids...stupid people reproducing...as fast as they can..makes one rethink the old concept of orphanages...doesnt it?

walmart can afford to take the hit and should...simple as that....that would stop the taxpayer from taking the hit....

Bottom line- More Obummer voters taking advantage of an opportunity

Not surprising the least

-Geaux

This is crazy. This is all the fault of the govt, not walmart. The amount by which the shoppers exceeded their limit should be deducted from their future EBT allotments. That way nobody gets anything they don't deserve.

Food stamp shopping spree: Who pays? - KSLA News 12 Shreveport, Louisiana News Weather & Sports

Oct 14, 2013 7:23 PM

SHREVEPORT, LA (KSLA) -
Walmart may be on the hook for the shopping spree spurred by temporarily unlimited balances on EBT cards Saturday in at least 2 stores in the ArkLaTex.

KSLA News 12 obtained video showed overflowing shopping carts, excited shoppers, and empty shelves throughout Walmarts in Springhill and Mansfield, LA. The frenzy was reportedly created by a glitch in the EBT system that allowed card users to seemingly shop without a limit. In reality, there was a limit the whole time.

The Louisiana Department of Children and Family Services oversees those benefits, called SNAP, or Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program.

A spokesperson for LA DCFS tells KSLA News 12 that no EBT card is ever limitless, and that when these outages happen, the retailer has a responsibility to implement emergency procedures. Those procedures include placing a phone call and verbally approving a spending limit for the customer. Trey Williams with DCFS says some retailers chose not to do that.
Oh, snap. While everybody in the government gets paid a king's ransom for a salary, the government slaps one more after another restriction on somebody else's American dream.

Government is now the "I get something for nothing by voting Democrat" puerile attitude that has the IMF worried about America's fiscal future.

sure there are no republicans on food stamps...are you really gonna make that statement....

Once word got out that there was a problem with the system people loaded
up their carts and cleaned out the shelves thinking free stuff.

Anyone who loaded up thinking they would get away with this should be suspended from
the program for a few months.

Interesting, I think the Government should pay for all the lost merchandise. It was a glitch in THEIR program that caused this.

Templar, WE ARE THE GOVERNMENT. Why should we pay for another businesses poor decision making.
A maximum purchase should be instituted in such instances.
They can come back and shop when the system comes backnonline.

Interesting, I think the Government should pay for all the lost merchandise. It was a glitch in THEIR program that caused this.

Wrong - It was Walmart's decision to ok transactions that were not authorized by the debit account. Tax payers are not at fault & should not have to pay a dime for this failure. This issue is between Walmart & the shoppers who they let take their merchandise.

JPMorganChase issued the EBT cards & subbed it's network out to Xerox. Walmart was issuing shoppers credit, because they were not authorized to charge the EBT account. Walmart has to eat any credit defaulted on by it's customers.

They did authorize. Keep up.

They who?

I am certain the gvt will pay for their overages if they qualified as food stamp groceries, and I am pretty certain that these people that overspent, will be sent LESS the following payment in EBT funds...the gvt will get their money back and these people will have less food funds in the next month.....if they WAYYYYY overspent, then I think these people should be penalized and taken off the program where an authorized guardian can buy the food for the children in the perps family or something like that....
I am confused...did or did not the GVT approve those purchases?

if the gvt approved those overage purchases then they should pay walmart,

but if they did not approve those overages, and did not give Walmart permission to let these people spend what they want no matter the amount, then they should only be obligated to pay for whatever the rule is for these kind of situations....like $50 max allowed when the system is down....surely there is a protocol for the Walmarts of the world, for this type of situation...

Forum List

Back