Grammar

In addition, the Ministry of Education has no right to impose rules at all, they are not masters of the language and they are not legislators.

How would you negate a word like "regardless". Words beginning with "r" are usually negated with the prefix "ir", but not always.
This applies not only to words starting with r, for example, immutable, immoral.

This is obviously a variant of the Indo-European negation "A-AN"

How would you negate a word like "regardless". Words beginning with "r" are usually negated with the prefix "ir", but not always.
In retrospect, I see your point. A word like regardless has intrinsic negation by the suffix "less" making it something of an ungrammatical double negative.

In general, modern languages are so ugly and irregular that it is difficult to believe that they have degraded naturally, there are signs of deliberate corruption.

This applies not only to words starting with r, for example, immutable, immoral.

This is obviously a variant of the Indo-European negation "A-AN"
Obviously, words beginning with "L' are usually negated with "il" as well, but those with "P", "im".

In retrospect, I see your point. A word like regardless has intrinsic negation by the suffix "less" making it something of an ungrammatical double negative.
This is a common denial. For example, the word immoral has a variant of ammoral

By the way, it is curious that from the point of view of proto-Indo-European vocabulary, immoral would mean immortal, because the root "mor" means death in all ancient languages. This is how the word amrita (drink of the gods) is formed. An example of this root in English mortal

I was discussing the suffix "less", a negation of sorts itself.
Oh, I beg your pardon. Yes, it looks like a negation, but it has a slightly different semantics, it is closer to the meaning of "without some property"

Oh, I beg your pardon. Yes, it looks like a negation, but it has a slightly different semantics, it is closer to the meaning of "without some property"
The question being the difference between "regardless" and "irregardless", regardless being without regard and not without regard, which is sort of semantic contortion.

Just raised different. Grandmother was a teacher. You didn't argue with her.

What you call grammar is actually not grammar. Schoolchildren are not taught grammar at all. Grammar is the science of the rules for constructing languages.

As for this folk "grammars" with the clutter of modern languages such requirements will play into the hands of people with an autistic mindset, with low intelligence, who are good at memorization.

What I call grammar is grammar.

Ordinary people don't even understand what grammar is. This is understood only by linguists, mathematicians and computer language designers, and even for them it is not an easy discipline.

This is due to the sacralization of priestly knowledge. Just what you mentioned in the topic about Nietzsche. It is a mass management tool, in exactly the same sense that programmers manage software modules. This applies to aspects such as real history, which can be reconstructed by comporatism, as well as questions of thinking associated with logic. Logic is not taught either, and this is also not an accident.

Forum List

Back