Grand Juries should NOT be comprised of all DC democrats. We need a new law.... (Poll)

Do we need a law that juries need to be comprised of politically balanced jurors?

• Yes

Votes: 14 43.8%
  • No

Votes: 18 56.3%

• Total voters
We cannot have a fair trial when the DC juries (and Grand Juries) are comprised of all democrats.

I hope someone appeals to higher courts to ensure that juries (and Grande Juries) are comprised of politically balanced juries.

Not surprisingly, survey answers show how the heavily Democratic, government-centric city is in line with how elected Democrats view the Republican Trump-supporting protesters and their Capitol Building invasion. One defense attorney labeled Washington a place of “extreme community prejudice” with “an absolute lack of political diversity” and “tribal political landscape.”
So you've never served on a jury, from what you're saying, it seems like you have not....?

This only affirms his point though. Do you think color is only factor where prejudice comes into play?

It is not even the largest.
I think it is a huge factor in who gets approached by the police, who gets arrested by the police, who gets prosecuted by the DA and who gets sentenced. I always tell the story of my being stopped in Bellaire, Texas (about 95% white) for a tail light that was out on my van work van or something. I went to night court. There were 3 white people in the room; one was the judge, one was an attorney and the third one was me. The other 50-75 people; all ethnic minorities.

Some of the 1/6 protestors were put in solitary,
High profile/people accused of sensational crimes often are.
and deprived of decent food and medical care.
Name someone who was deprived of medical care. Decent food? Yeah...county jails are known for their decent food.

For the first time in history white folks are aware that incarcerated people are treated very badly by the system.

Why just DC? How about juries in deep red states? Who decides which side of a political line is a bias?

Either way…bad idea. This is deliberately politicizing our judicial system at its most important point: a trial by an independent jury. If they feel they can’t get a fair trial they can always ask for a different venue.

You are tried by a jury of your peers in the municipality you committed the crime.

Trump chose his Jan 6 Insurrection in Washington DC.
That is where it should be prosecuted with randomly selected jurors.

Lots of people want trials outside the jurisdiction they are in. They can always request a different venue and they can appeal the verdict.
There is also the faulty assumption that a juror cannot be impartial due to whatever political party they belong to. And what do you do with independents? This would corrupt the entire process.
Lawyers can question jurors and reject them, they can request a different venue. That would minimize it.
1. Independents are supposedly politically neutral. They are in automatically.
2. Who tosses jurors in a Grand Jury? ANS: no one
3. The Grand Jury selection system is broken. Fix it.

We cannot have a fair trial when the DC juries (and Grand Juries) are comprised of all democrats.

I hope someone appeals to higher courts to ensure that juries (and Grande Juries) are comprised of politically balanced juries.

Not surprisingly, survey answers show how the heavily Democratic, government-centric city is in line with how elected Democrats view the Republican Trump-supporting protesters and their Capitol Building invasion. One defense attorney labeled Washington a place of “extreme community prejudice” with “an absolute lack of political diversity” and “tribal political landscape.”

Your MAGA Jesus will get a fair trial...which is what yous are afraid of.

We don’t have any political prisoners in solitary that I’m aware of. We do, however, have a disturbing number of youth put in solitary.
Yes we do have/had political prisoners rotting in DC jails, many in solitary.

1. The DOJ wants DC juries when going after Trump, like the classified doc case. That jury should have been in FL.
The grand jury was in Florida!

In June 2023, media outlets reported that another grand jury had been convened in a federal court in Miami related to the Mar-a-Lago documents. It is this Miami-based grand jury, rather than the grand jury convened in Washington, DC, that returned the indictment against former President Trump and his associate.

Yeah, a fair trial, then hang him.
Yup….these anti-American leftists have Trump already tried, convicted, and in prison.

The irony is that the MUCH more concerning case is the one involving the Biden family, massive corruption, and $50 million hidden everywhere, including in off-shore accounts. And Democrats deflect, defend, and deny.

People that think that political views should influence legal matters should be excluded from serving in the legal system i any capacity.

1. Look at their voter registration
2. If not registered, give them a simple quiz

So, would I be allowed on a Jury...

1690807339054.png

Grand Juries are notorious for handing down indictments.

Prosecutors rarely bring charges unless they believe there is enough evidence to bring the trial to actual court.

That’s true regardless of the locale or the make up of the GJ

This thread is stupid

Forum List

Back