Grandfather of Oklahoma teen killed by homeowner in burglary says AR15 made for ‘unfair’ fight

I used to keep an old silhouette target with a well ventilated 9 and X ring hung on my back door facing out, inside the screen door. The message was clear.
iu

iu
These holes are from 15 yards away. I can do much better at 15 feet.

target.jpg
That looks pretty terrible. Are you trying to get your gangster on and holding the gun sideways while you shoot?
No. That was from 15 yards (45 feet).

I use both hands and a tight, steady grip.

At 15 feet, I can hit either of the red zones with regularity.
I play Call of Duty and headshot everyone from across the map.

Get on my level!
That's a silly electronic game....likely programed to make near misses fatal. Shooting real bullets at real targets is practice for something that might actually happen....in a real life or death situation.
I was just pulling your leg bruh, calm down before I challenge you to a 1v1 with snipers only

Why is three thugs v one homeowner a fair fight?

The grandfather thinks that these boys were just playing a prank. It was a stupid mistake. They didn't know anyone was home. The three boys just wanted to strip the place.

target.jpg
That looks pretty terrible. Are you trying to get your gangster on and holding the gun sideways while you shoot?

Get on my level!
That's a silly electronic game....likely programed to make near misses fatal. Shooting real bullets at real targets is practice for something that might actually happen....in a real life or death situation.
I was just pulling your leg bruh, calm down before I challenge you to a 1v1 with snipers only
I would never claim to be a good sniper. I have seen videos of head shots from 1500 yards. All I intend to do is protect myself and my dog...from threats within 15 yards of me.

Get on my level!
I would never claim to be a good sniper. I have seen videos of head shots from 1500 yards. All I intend to do is protect myself and my dog...from threats within 15 yards of me.
You are too serious, this is no fun.

target.jpg

Get on my level!
Here's a great sniper shot.

Get on my level!
Here's a great sniper shot.

Get on my level!
I am serious....but I have a lot of fun.

Get on my level!
I am serious....but I have a lot of fun.
I ain't serious. The damn 12 year olds kick my ass but I have fun trying.

Why is three thugs v one homeowner a fair fight?

The grandfather thinks that these boys were just playing a prank. It was a stupid mistake. They didn't know anyone was home. The three boys just wanted to strip the place.

Yeah, he kind of talks like they just egged a house or toilet papered a tree on a tree lawn.

Breaking into a home is serious business. It's not like sneaking into a driveway and turning on the garden hose or ringing the doorbell and running away.

That teenager got exactly what he deserved. It's hard to comprehend the stupidity of someone who thinks that thugs breaking into a home are supposed to have an even chance in a confrontation with the home's owner. I gaurantee you all the gun grabbers in this forum agree with this numskull. In fact, in Canada they have a law that says the force used in defending yourself must be "proportional" to the force used by your attacker.

Three Oklahoma teenagers were killed last week when they broke into a house and were met by a homeowner with an AR15. Now the grandfather of one of the teenagers is speaking out about his grandson’s death.

According to KTUL-TV, Leroy Schumacher, grandfather of 17-year-old Jacob Redfearn, believes the death of Redfearn was unjustified because the homeowner’s AR15 gave him an unfair advantage over the three burglars.

Speaking to KTUL, Schumacher acknowledged that breaking into a house was “stupid,” but death was not the appropriate consequence.

“What these three boys did was stupid,” Schumacher said. “They knew they could be punished for it but they did not deserve to die.”

Patriot claims I am a Gun Grabber. Yet, Grandpa used his weapon exactly the way it should have been used. While it's tragic that those teens died, Gramps had no idea on their intentions. But clearly, their intentions weren't good. They broke in, invaded his home and he defended his home. It's cut and dried. He didn't pursue them, shoot them in their backs, taunt them. He just used the AR-15 in it's most deadly mode and quickly killed all three. There is no doubt about it that the law was satisfied and it was done morally and ethically.

Just a point here. He also could have done it with many other weapons, not just the AR-15. A Shotgun would have been a smarter choice.
The AR-15 has only one mode.

As for the thugs, there's nothing tragic about them being dead. Good riddance to a couple of Democrats.

Oh, I see. Even if they were Republicans before, they miraculously transformed into Democrats seconds before they were killed, right? They weren't Republicans or Democrats. They were Criminals. Get off the Right and the Left Bs thing.

Hmmmm, no. Criminals vote Democrat. It's a documented fact.

Around here, most criminal vote republican.

Story sounded familiar and then noticed article was from a year ago.

The only time a Good Guy with a Gun stopped a Bad Guy with a Gun was when a Bad Guy committed Suicide rather than be taken alive. Yeah, I know, all those 3rd hand stories but there really isn't any truth in any of it.

Sorry but that,

1. Thugs attacking innocent people in their house is deadly they all knew it going in, they went out feet first, they collectively won't try that again.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

That teenager got exactly what he deserved. It's hard to comprehend the stupidity of someone who thinks that thugs breaking into a home are supposed to have an even chance in a confrontation with the home's owner. I gaurantee you all the gun grabbers in this forum agree with this numskull. In fact, in Canada they have a law that says the force used in defending yourself must be "proportional" to the force used by your attacker.

Three Oklahoma teenagers were killed last week when they broke into a house and were met by a homeowner with an AR15. Now the grandfather of one of the teenagers is speaking out about his grandson’s death.

According to KTUL-TV, Leroy Schumacher, grandfather of 17-year-old Jacob Redfearn, believes the death of Redfearn was unjustified because the homeowner’s AR15 gave him an unfair advantage over the three burglars.

Speaking to KTUL, Schumacher acknowledged that breaking into a house was “stupid,” but death was not the appropriate consequence.

“What these three boys did was stupid,” Schumacher said. “They knew they could be punished for it but they did not deserve to die.”

Patriot claims I am a Gun Grabber. Yet, Grandpa used his weapon exactly the way it should have been used. While it's tragic that those teens died, Gramps had no idea on their intentions. But clearly, their intentions weren't good. They broke in, invaded his home and he defended his home. It's cut and dried. He didn't pursue them, shoot them in their backs, taunt them. He just used the AR-15 in it's most deadly mode and quickly killed all three. There is no doubt about it that the law was satisfied and it was done morally and ethically.

Just a point here. He also could have done it with many other weapons, not just the AR-15. A Shotgun would have been a smarter choice.

As for the thugs, there's nothing tragic about them being dead. Good riddance to a couple of Democrats.

Oh, I see. Even if they were Republicans before, they miraculously transformed into Democrats seconds before they were killed, right? They weren't Republicans or Democrats. They were Criminals. Get off the Right and the Left Bs thing.

That's probably a lie.

Where do you live?

That's probably a lie.

Where do you live?

You already ended any chance of any conversation. Never say anything on this board you wouldn't say to anyone one face to face. Being that I am old Rocky Mountain Stock, what do you think would happen if you said that to my face.

The only time a Good Guy with a Gun stopped a Bad Guy with a Gun was when a Bad Guy committed Suicide rather than be taken alive. Yeah, I know, all those 3rd hand stories but there really isn't any truth in any of it.

There isn't? Would you like some links to them? If you don't like the sources, you can always cross reference them yourself with Google.

The reason you don't know about them is because the media controls people like you. If they don't report it, it didn't really happen. It's all part of the Democrat brainwashing game; a modern 1984 method of being reprogrammed.

When a cop shoots an unarmed black thug, it's national media. When local citizens defends themselves with a firearm, or otherwise stops a crime using a firearm, it's only a local story at best and you don't hear about it.

Sure, our prisons are just loaded with Republicans. :21:

There isn't? Would you like some links to them? If you don't like the sources, you can always cross reference them yourself with Google.

The reason you don't know about them is because the media controls people like you. If they don't report it, it didn't really happen. It's all part of the Democrat brainwashing game; a modern 1984 method of being reprogrammed.

When a cop shoots an unarmed black thug, it's national media. When local citizens defends themselves with a firearm, or otherwise stops a crime using a firearm, it's only a local story at best and you don't hear about it.

If you had the links you would have posted them. Now, how about posting them so we can all Fact Check them. Let the Games Begin.

Sure are. Around here, the majority of the people vote republican. That means that the majority of the criminals will be republican as well. Criminals really aren't one party of the other in reality. They are just criminals. To say that they are one party or the other just makes excuses why they are Criminals.

Sure are. Around here, the majority of the people vote republican. That means that the majority of the criminals will be republican as well. Criminals really aren't one party of the other in reality. They are just criminals. To say that they are one party or the other just makes excuses why they are Criminals.
Funny, I don't think you know what you are talking about. At the prison, the majority of the convicts knew all about the latest football/basketball game stats but had no idea of politics, elections or who was running or doing what. I know because I asked a lot of them. When asked who they would vote for, or if they could vote in the upcoming elections who would they choose, the most common reply was "Muh dick".

Forum List

Back