Greenpeace Messes With the Wrong Ship

About 30 years ago, when my oldest boy was two, a Greenpeace volunteer came to my front door.
We got into a brief discussion after he asked me to sign a petition. He wondered why I took particular stances on issues, and I told him. All very civil - up to that point.

Then, in front of my toddler son, he proceeded to berate me and my views and my line of work.
And walked away.

I got on the phone the next day to their Chicago office and explained the whole encounter. The guy was very sincere and professional, and said that it should not have happened.

I've got no use for that left wing radical organization. Fuck 'em.

What do you do?

Last edited:
About 30 years ago, when my oldest boy was two, a Greenpeace volunteer came to my front door.
We got into a brief discussion after he asked me to sign a petition. He wondered why I took particular stances on issues, and I told him. All very civil - up to that point.

Then, in front of my toddler son, he proceeded to berate me and my views and my line of work.
And walked away.

I got on the phone the next day to their Chicago office and explained the whole encounter. The guy was very sincere and professional, and said that it should not have happened.

I applaud your self control in letting him walk away.

Hmmm, what do you think he should have done?

And walked away.

I applaud your self control in letting him walk away.

I said I applauded him. That suggests I think he did the right thing. Have you been studying English very long?

These idiots and those anti-whaling clowns need to be put on t he bottom of the ocean.

Yes, because if there is one thing the world doesn't need more of, it's whales.

What the world doesn't need more of are self-righteous, attention whore sea-hippies endangering human lives with their antics.

God forbid they try to save the last 300 grey whales from Japanese "research vessels"...all that "research" worked out so well for the Blue whales.

Sperm and Pilots are next on the list...

Last edited:
Last edited:
I can't believe they tried to take on a russian oil rig when they could have put wheels on their Zodiacs and puttered around DC for an afternoon.

The noise from their outboards would have been deafening and would REALLY have shown those DC politicians a thing or two...

yeah ... Look how much the motorcyclists accomplished.

Oh wait - they accomplished nothing at all.

Yes, because if there is one thing the world doesn't need more of, it's whales.

What the world doesn't need more of are self-righteous, attention whore sea-hippies endangering human lives with their antics.

God forbid they try to save the last 10k grey whales from Japanese "research vessels"...all that "research" worked out so well for the Blue whales.

Blue Whale populations are recovering at about 6% per year. Other whale populations have been recovering even more quickly. Resources need to be managed well (and enjoyed for dinner now and then).

I can't believe they tried to take on a russian oil rig when they could have put wheels on their Zodiacs and puttered around DC for an afternoon.

The noise from their outboards would have been deafening and would REALLY have shown those DC politicians a thing or two...

yeah ... Look how much the motorcyclists accomplished.

Oh wait - they accomplished nothing at all.

Dude, it was a GOOD RIDE. Get your priorities sorted out.

I said I applauded him. That suggests I think he did the right thing. Have you been studying English very long?

Okay. What do you think a person, maybe like you, with less self control might do?.

I don't lack self control, but a person who does might do any number of things to a person coming to their home and berating them in front of their child. Are you familiar with human behavior at all?

God forbid they try to save the last 10k grey whales from Japanese "research vessels"...all that "research" worked out so well for the Blue whales.

Blue Whale populations are recovering at about 6% per year. Other whale populations have been recovering even more quickly. Resources need to be managed well (and enjoyed for dinner now and then).

Agreed. How much do you think Greenpeace had to do with that?

You know absolutely nothing about whale populations.

But, that's okay. You don't need to know what you're talking about because you're not actually going to DO anything at all.

if you ever want to educate yourself, there's this new thing called the internet and google dot com. Try it.

Agreed. How much do you think Greenpeace had to do with that?

Virtually nothing.

You know absolutely nothing about whale populations.

Blue Whale Populations Recovering

BTW, its not at all surprising that the same fools who were humping Putin's leg and siding against their own country would also be in favor of Americans being harmed by Russians.

When are you traitors going to do the US a big favor and move to Russia?

You won't be missed.

Okay. What do you think a person, maybe like you, with less self control might do?.

I don't lack self control, but a person who does might do any number of things to a person coming to their home and berating them in front of their child. Are you familiar with human behavior at all?

Well, I'm sure MR. H got the kid fired...all's well that ends well.

Forum List

Back